My 1250 Warriors cav list, help needed. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 1250 Warriors cav list, help needed.

This is the list I've been working on for a while, and I rather like the idea of a full cav army.

Heroes:
    Sorcerer, Level 2, Mark of Nurgle, Enchanted Shield, Spell Familiar, Barded Steed 186
    Sorcerer, Level 2, Mark of Nurgle, Book of Secrets, Power Familiar, Barded Steed 206

Core:
    5 Marauder Horsemen, Flails, Mark of Slaanesh 85
    5 Warhounds 30
    5 Warhounds 30

Special:
    5 Knights, Full Command, Mark of Khorne 280
    5 Knights, Musician, Standard, Mark of Khorne 260

Total: 1247

The main tactic is to bombard the enemy with some magic and while closing in for the kill.

Last edited by bagotrx; September 6th, 2009 at 00:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love cavalry armies. The high degree of mobility is just peachy.

My advice, based on my experience with an 1000pts list:

Two groups of frenzied knights are a bit of a gamble. I'd give one group the Mark of Nurgle instead of the mark of Khorne, for that added tactical flexibility. Also: you might want to lose the champion on your first group, and use the points for a juicy Mark on one of your sorcerers.

What are your plans for the three groups of marauder horsemen? If they are there to beat the snot out of smaller enemies, give one (or two) units the Mark of Khorne. I haven't got much experience with magic on this level (at 1000pts you have to either bring a lot of magic to the table, or none. My standard pool of DD was often enough to counter the lvl 1's of my opponents) but you might want to consider taking the spell familiar of the sorcerer (at lvl 2 I don't think it will do much good) and use the points to buy a mark of Khorne for a group of marauders.

Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to add that my sorcerers already had the mark of nurgle. In my opinion the Lore of Nurgle is just awesome, so I'm trying to max out on that with the Book of Secrets and Familiar to help me cast more Nurgle spells, Plague Squall and Fleshy abundance in particular.

I'll consider giving one of the units the Mark of Nurgle, but it isn't really that great. The champion was because I had 20 points leftover.

The Marauder horsemen are there to march block, support charge and take out the smaller more annoying units. I'm keeping the sorcerers as they are. My previous army was Vampire Counts and I love my magic. I think the spell familiar will be heaps of help, it increases my chances of getting plague squall and fleshy abundance.

I'm not too sure about the 3rd unit of horsemen, I wanted to put a chariot in this list but it may be considered overpowered.

+ Reply to Thread