1,500-The Tempest (magic) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,500-The Tempest (magic)

The Tempest-Tzeentch dedicated warband
    Characters
    Vryk the Unkillable (general, and hopefully well-named)
    Sorcerer, lvl 2, MoT, Power familiar and Collar of Khorne (190
    Mutis the Twisted
    Sorcerer, lvl 2, MoT, Enchanted Shield, Infernal Puppet and Conjoined Homunculus (210
    Skwisgar Amplifax (Homage to someone)
    Sorcerer, lvl 2, MoT, and Skull of Katam (190
    Core
    Thunder Regiment
    Chaos Warriorsx12 with halberds and shields, MoT, Standard Bearer and the Banner of Rage (271
    Cloud Regiment
    Chaos Mauradersx19 with LA and shields, MoT and full command (154
    Special
    The Lightning Regiment
    Chosenx10 with shields and halberds, full command, MoT, Blasted Standard and Book of Secrets (335
    Rare
    Shrine to the Glorious Winds of Change
    Chaos Warshrine, MoT (150

Such an insane list, it relies on running the sorcerers with the chosen so that all wizards (even the champion) can cast with +2. Take that magic resistance! They just fry everyone and everything, warriors and mauraders cover the flanks; warshrine gives the chosen more goodies. Just imagine, a Chaos Chosen Champion with 2 rolls on the EotG and the flaming sword of Rhuin. It's enough to make babies cry, though the extra fireball would work too. If I'm super lucky, the sorcerer with the conjoined Homunculus has Infernal Gateway, I might get that off quite reliably. Push comes to shove the sorcerers bail the chosen and book it, keeping close so they can fry stuff some more before the inevitable miscast. Does the list have flaws? Absolutely, I'm relying on granting the unit an EoTG role or stupidity (immune to psych if test is failed) to negate or lessen terrorbombing so that all of my sorcerers and chosen dont run away in a group. The list can be outnumbered easily and I have to burn away all those lesser units that might encircle or surround me. Or if I'm facing another WoC list, they might just fry me with another infernal puppet. The possibilities are endless, but who doesn't love a crazily magic-heavy list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

To be honest if you goal is to magic blast then why get chosen? For the same save and cheaper you can get warriors with MOS and make them 22 and they still are cheaper i believe.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> My Produced Music<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Donations Welcome$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champion in the unit has +2 to cast with a book of secrets so I can fit in a collar of Khorne on my general for the mr and the boost to my ward save. He cast pretty much anything in the lore of Death or spells 1-4 in the lore of Fire. Dark hand of Death is worthless but everything else is good. The fire lore that I can cast is all nice.

Also, everything can be cast at really high rolls instead of bulking up on bound items that can't crack magic resistance. As you'll notice I'm casting everything so I can bust through MR. Think of how funny it would be to get off 1-3 flickering flames at a heavily magic resistant unit. If I'm throwing 3 dice it can be done alot easier. Ring of Hotek and high MR would ruin me, but what about adding in a demon prince at 2,000 and giving a sorcerer blood of tzeentch

+ Reply to Thread