1k WoC Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Fairfax, VA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

1k WoC Competitive

So, I'm going to be part of Season's Beatings for fun(I don't have the time or the Fantasy know-how to even hope of winning. ). I think there are going to be senarios and I don't think there are fixed lists(although there might be). One thing I do know for certain though is that you will play one game and then swap armies and play another game right after. So, whatever you bring, you're going to fight.

I was thinking of something like this:

Hero(General): Sorcerer
    Level 2 Wizard, Mark of Tzeentch, Power Familiar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch
    210 Points

Hero: Sorcerer
    Mark of Nurgle, Book of Secrets
    130 Points

Core: 12xWarriors of Chaos
    Shields, Champion, Standard Bearer, MoS
    226 Points

Core: 20xMarauders
    Light Armor, Shields, Standard, Musician, MoS
    142 Points

Core: 5xWarhounds
    30 Points

Core: 5xWarhounds
    30 Points

Special: 5xChaos Knights
    Mark of Nurgle
    230 Points

998 Points

Any hints, tips or suggestions? I'm thinking about picking up a unit of 5 Horsemen. Maybe replacing the Dogs and the Knights MoN with:

Shields, Throwing Axes, Musician
    88 Points

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

10 (x1)

I have a couple little tidbits of advice for your heros and your core.
    1st off your tzeentch sorcerer will probably have 1 useful spell most of the time, it'll be flickering flame. It's somewhat useless to give him a power familiar unless you need the table dice for the other sorcerer. I'd advise you give Book of Secrets to the tzeentch sorcerer as he has +1 to cast, and a better save in case something bad happens. Also it has the same effect as the power familiar, addds +1 powerdice. The nurgle sorcerer I'd advise you to make him lvl 2 and give him nothing or an infernal puppet. You've got alot of good spells in the nurgle lore that can get off on 3 dice. Infernal puppet so you can spam spells alot more safely or mess up a spellcasting opponent.

My second bit of advice is to cut out a warhound unit and buff up your warriors, give em halberds with the savings and add in a chieftan.

+ Reply to Thread