2250 Tzeentch DP Tourney List - Need Suggestions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Tzeentch DP Tourney List - Need Suggestions

Here is my list. Tournament is 12/12 at my local GW Bunker. Last tourney was won by a Dwarf player. There are always a couple Daemon Players, Lizardmen, dwarfs, high elfs, VC and probably some Skaven this time. There will be a really good WE player this time as well. I went with this list because it gives me lots of stable magical fire power and a flying unit that causes terror. I plan to use a flank refusal tactic against most players. I have never played against a dwarf player, so a little worried about that. I cleared the table on a DE player the other day, but he wasn't running a dragon. I used to play HELF, so I know their tactics. Any help would be awesome.

Daemon Prince - 570
    MoT
    Magic Levels
    Tendrils
    Diabolic Splendor

Sorcerer - Caddy - 161
    Chaos Steed
    Level 2
    Dispell Scroll

Exalted Hero - 210
    BSB
    Shield
    Halberd
    Bloodcurdling Roar
    Chaos Steed
    The Black Tounge

Chaos Sorcerer - 206
    Level 2
    Infernal Puppet
    Bronze Armour
    Chaos Steed
    MoN

5 Chaos Knights - 285
    Standard
    MoN
    Banner of Rage

5 Chaos Knights - 210
    MoS

5 Marauder Horsemen - 106
    Light Armor
    Flails
    Throwing axes
    Musician
    MoS

WarShrine - 150
    MoT

10 Chaos Warriors - 229
    Shield
    Halberd
    Champ
    Standard
    War Banner
    MoS

20 Marauders - 122
    Champ
    Musician
    Flail
    MoS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Everything looks pretty good. One thing i don't get it why bloodcurdling roar is on the bsb. I assume he is going in a knight unit, maybe an infantry unit, either way you might get one or two roars off but its not really worth the twenty pts. Also i'm not a big fan of putting marks on shrines, as theyre already so tough any attacks/shooting allotted to them would be wasted. I'm liking your chances against most of the armies listed above, probably mostly worried about VC however a good black tongue modified with puppet, plus another miscast and you could cause some serious damage. I've used a daemon prince before(nurgle) against a woodelf army and had trouble with him being a pincushion. I had a lucky hellcannon blast cause his enemy noble with hail of doom arrow to flee off the table, but one of those plus some heavy shooting and your 590 point character could be feeling the pain. For that Its just play careful with your daemon prince until your knights engage and your magic starts kicking in. Other then above changes, which basically frees up some points, I would give your caddy power familliar, book of secrets, or another scroll. Oh and if you have any warhounds do try and fit some in, they always come in handy for me, maybe nerf your M Horsemen unit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by rkuhnke View Post
    Here is my list. Tournament is 12/12 at my local GW Bunker. Last tourney was won by a Dwarf player. There are always a couple Daemon Players, Lizardmen, dwarfs, high elfs, VC and probably some Skaven this time. There will be a really good WE player this time as well. I went with this list because it gives me lots of stable magical fire power and a flying unit that causes terror. I plan to use a flank refusal tactic against most players. I have never played against a dwarf player, so a little worried about that. I cleared the table on a DE player the other day, but he wasn't running a dragon. I used to play HELF, so I know their tactics. Any help would be awesome.

Daemon Prince - 570
    MoT
    Magic Levels
    Tendrils
    Diabolic Splendor
    Think about favour of the blood gods and blood curdling roar on this guy instead of splendor.

Sorcerer - Caddy - 161
    Chaos Steed
    Level 2
    Dispell Scroll
    Give this guy the power familiar so your demon prince has more dice to cast. Also make him nurgle. This does 1 of two things for you. Buboes to start the magic phase to draw out dispel dice so your DP can cast stuff easier, or buboes last after your DP has drawn out all their dispel dice to easily snipe characters.

Exalted Hero - 210
    BSB
    Shield
    Halberd
    Bloodcurdling Roar
    Chaos Steed
    The Black Tounge
    BSB is something that sucks to lose, so wounding him yourself isn't always the best idea. But it could work out.

Chaos Sorcerer - 206
    Level 2
    Infernal Puppet
    Bronze Armour
    Chaos Steed
    MoN
    I like to run this guy as tzeentch and instead of the armor, I give him the talisman of protection so he has a 2+ armor 5+ ward. Very survivable sorcerer.

5 Chaos Knights - 285
    Standard
    MoN
    Banner of Rage
    Expensive, but they get the job done. Finding points for a musician would be nice. Also you really should have a unit of dogs to screen these guys. I'd also say drop nurgle and use the points for the dogs, they'll get the job done better.

5 Chaos Knights - 210
    MoS
    Drop slaanesh. Only thing it helps is charging terror causers. And while that helps a ton, these 10 points can be used elsewhere and to more effect. Without slaanesh you pass panic checks like 96% of the time.

5 Marauder Horsemen - 106
    Light Armor
    Flails
    Throwing axes
    Musician
    MoS
    Very expensive. If you need to find points a simple Slaanesh horsemen with spears could do wonders.

WarShrine - 150
    MoT
    Do yourself a favor and drop tzeentch and mark this guy slaanesh. Tzeentch turns a very tough to wound monster with a 4+ ward save into a still very tough to wound monster with only a 1/6 better chance to save those rare wounds. Slaanesh takes a leadership 8 monster that likes to fail fear and terror tests(not to mention being outnumbered by fear/terror in combat) into something that will consistently stay where you want him. And to top it off, you save 10 points!

10 Chaos Warriors - 229
    Shield
    Halberd
    Champ
    Standard
    War Banner
    MoS
    Change the war banner into the rapturous standard. It'll save you more often.

20 Marauders - 122
    Champ
    Musician
    Flail
    MoS
    I just don't like this unit. But that's my taste in marauders. They fail every time for me.
    Some comments in quotes. This army is somewhat close to my DP army. I run all cav with the banner of the gods. This helps me 2 ways. I'm faster and can hurt people more often and they can't avoid it. And when you DON'T roll gateway, having stubborn knights can win games for you. You'll find a lot of times you'll lose games with this army when you fail to roll gateway. You need a plan B.

Basically to change your army to my list, you take 10 naked marauders instead of 20, you then take 2 units of horsemen to fill core. 2 units of knights and a unit of dragon ogres. Dragon ogres are the best anvil in a fast army; aim them at your worst threat and keep them stubborn and they'll lock that unit up for a few turns, until you can get into their flank with knights.

Also you need to add dogs.

EDIT
    --
    You can search my old posts to find my army and battle reports for it.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

+ Reply to Thread