Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi all on this forum,
I have just started with WFB and readed hundreds of pages of tacticas threa on forum, but stil I need advice, because of having troubles with my 2k roster.
I want to play some magic heavy list, after a long planning I chose to have a Tzeentch DP as general (i like BeLakor model and big bad boy on field is always fun ). I really like the Knight models so I wish to play at least 1 unit of them. I have some problems with filling the list, because my characters sink around a half of my points unfortunately
But stop talking and lets pull out my troops.
1) Demon Prince lvl 4 (Mark of Tzeentch, Tendrils of Tzeentch, Fury of the Blood God) @555pt
2) Chaos Sorceror lvl 2 (Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets, Spell Familiar) @200pt
2) Chaos Sorceror lvl 2 (Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Collar of Khorne) @200pt
3) Chaos Sorceror lvl 2 (Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Mount, Infernal Puppet, Enchanted Shield) @240pt
DP is general, 2/3chance for gate, lvl 2 has still chance to spell gate at 14+ with 3dice, so I hope it is still castable, can be used also for pandemonium synergy with terror on Dp. Nurgle sorc rides on mount for fear shell for unit of warriors, where he should be, also has large base which means that i need not 4 more warriors, so its still not so expensive alternative.
1) Chaos Warriors 14x with nurgle caster, deploy 6x3 (4-4-6) (Mark of Nurgle, Standart Bearer, Musician, Champion, Shields) @284t
2) Marauder Horsmen 5x (Mark o Slaanesh, Musician, Flail, Light Armour) @96pt
3) Marauder Horsmen 5x (Mark o Slaanesh, Musician, Flail, Light Armour) @96pt
4) Chaos Warhounds @30pt
5) Chaos Warhounds @30pt
What I dont know is, if my unit of warriors will get a rank bonus, in first rank will be 4 warriors + mage, but does the mage count also for the second rank or not? I have not found that in rules
1) Chaos Knights 5x (Mark of Slaanesh, Standart Bearer, Musician) @240pt
1) Chaos Knights 5x (Standart Bearer, Musician) @230pt
2) Chaos Knights 5x (Mark of Slaanesh, Standart Bearer, Musician) @240pt
2) Chaos Knights 5x (Standart Bearer, Musician) @230pt
So thats all for 1991pt
Unfortunately I am still not hapy with the list. I would have rather a little bit tougher knights (units per 6, maybe war banner or other mark) and I am not sure about ma magic, is it enough magic-harassment?
Any advices, comments or crititics are really welcome.
PS: sorry for my english, I hope it is understandable.
Last edited by Hennessy; November 24th, 2009 at 20:00. Reason: removed parts of army are grey, new ones are red
Well it looks good, very competitive. I think you should drop the Daemonic mount on the Nurgle sorcerer.
I don't think the Lvl 2 Tzeentch sorcerer needs 4 spells, he only generates 2, 3 with the book, keep the book and drop the familiar.
Also you might want more infantry units and by that i mean more warriors.
I don't thin they would get any rank bonus for that, then again i have never seen someone put a mounted model in a infantry unit, let alone one as large as the Daemonic mount.
Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice
Characters on mounts count for rank bonus for the number of models they displace. If you have 3 warriors in each of your first 2 ranks and a demonic mount filling the last two in both those ranks, that is considered 10 models at 5x2, so you'd get a rank bonus. In your situation where you are going 6 wide, you'll count for having 18 models, so you'll get 2 ranks. It wasn't this way for awhile, but if you check the erratas/FAQS for general warhammer rules on the GW website, it'll tell you this.
I think I have the opposite opinion on your tzeentch lvl2, I'd keep the familiar and drop the book. Getting pandemonium more often is better. Or you can screw boh items and take the power familiar to give your DP more dice to cast with.
As far as your knights go, you can drop slaanesh on them, you fail panic checks 4% of the time and you're immune to fear already. That means you only have to worry about terror checks(which means only worrying about fear when you want to charge) I'd use the points saved for musicians in the knights.
I know you might like warriors, but looking at your list you have only 1 slow unit. If you drop the warriors for a marauder horse unit you'll save over a 100 points, then you'll have an all fast list and you can use those points for more knights.
I'd suggest trying out at least 1 unit of khorne horse with flails. 105 points, 10 str5 and 10 str3 attacks on the charge. Nasty for their point value. Just don't let them get shot.
If you wouldn't have said your english was bad, I wouldn't have noticed.
Thank you for your replies.
Well I will make some changes in my lvl2 tzeench equip and drop the marks from knights (now I seethat its waste of 20pts). I have already musicians in Knight units.
Also thanks for rule explanaition. In this case is mount really cheap and gives my unit fear immunity.
To the changing of warriors unit for horse marauders. Is it relly useful to switch them? I thought that horsemen are really really fragile and using three units of them looks for me as giving easy VPs. Also warriors is only anvil I have and works also as shell for my nurgle sorc. But I will be thinking abou it .
There's several ways to look at it. If you keep the warriors, I like the fear immunity since they aren't slaanesh. However, to bunker your sorcerer in there, I'd also add a champion. Sorcerers have to challenge and can't refuse challenges, unless someone else can take that challenge, IE the champion. I'd also try and find points for the rapturous standard for them.
If you swap them for horsemen and use those extra points elsewhere, you become a "in the face" army and you'll be wanting combat, or you can hold back and magic them until you have to charge, but at least its you charging. It can work both ways. Horsemen are fragile, but they're highly mobile, something the rest of our army isn't. Khorne horsemen with flails are fragile, but if you can get them into combat they make their points back very quickly.
Its all preference really. I prefer to not bring any foot, because I like being fast. Foot brings your more reliability and wounds, but they can just avoid that unit and more often than not you can't do anything about it.
List is now edited with changes in red colour. Unfortunately I dont have enough points for rapturous banner.
Pinkus really thanks for comparision, I will start with warriors and if I fnd that they dont fit and is hard for me to play them reasonably i will switch them fo horsemen.
My knights are know totally minimise but as orcs say: more boyz than toys
But if anyone find some other thinks to change, please send your ideas, the will be appreciated.
I have just completed another list in my free time, it would be fine if you can tell me, which of these lists do you like more.
1) Chaos Sorceror lvl 4 (Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Spel Familliar, Dispel Scroll) @375pt
2) Chaos Sorceror lvl 2 (Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets, Talisman of Protection, Blood Curdling Roar) @220pt
3) Chaos Sorceror lvl 2 (Death Lore, Chaos Steed, Infernal Puppet, Enchanted Shield) @186pt
Third sorceror will be in unit of warriors, 5x3 deployment
1) Chaos Warriors 13x (Mark of Slaanesh, Standart Bearer, Musician, Champion, Shields, Rapturous Standart) @268t
2) Marauder Horsmen 5x (Mark o Slaanesh, Musician, Flails) @91pt
3) Marauder Horsmen 5x (Mark o Slaanesh, Musician, Flails) @91pt
4) Chaos Warhounds
5) Chaos Warhounds
1) Chaos Knights 5x (Mark of Tzeentch, Standart Bearer, Musician) @250pt
2) Chaos Knights 5x (Mark of Tzeentch, Standart Bearer, Musician) @250pt
Totally: 1996pt (for 2k pt tournies)