2000pts first WOC list - led by Sigvald - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts first WOC list - led by Sigvald

I'm completely new to WOC as of a few weeks ago! I've been collecting Dwarfs for a while and want a big change. I'm bored of only having 2 phases for most of the battle and not being able to move at all. Having read the WOC book I decided I really like them. I also love the Sigvald model and think his rules are pretty cool. The list below is for gaming in my local club but I'd also like it to be the basis for a possible tourney list so would like the finished product to be fairly competative. It's based on the WOC battle force, then my mum is getting me Sigvald +10 chosen for Christmas.

My usual opponents are VC, DE (not too cheesed), HE, Ogres, Tomb Kings.

Sigvald the Magnificent: 425pts
    Sorcerer – Bloodcurdling Roar, Skull of Katam, M. of Nurgle, chaos steed, lvl 2: 231pts
    Sorcerer – Third Eye of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets, Power Familiar, M. of Tzeentch, lvl 2: 215pts

12 Chaos Warriors – full command, great weapons, shields, M. of Nurgle, Festering Shroud: 301pts
    14 Chaos Marauders – musician, flails, M. of Slaanesh: 84pts
    5 Marauder Horsemen – musician, flails, light armour, M. of Slaanesh: 96pts
    5 Chaos Warhounds: 30pts

10 Chosen – full command, great weapons, shields, M. of Slaanesh, Favour of the Gods: 275pts
    5 Chaos Knights – full command, M. of Nurgle, Banner of Rage: 315pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your army, there's a few things I'd like to point out to you. If you put your chaos sorcerer with the Bloodcurdling roar into the chaos knight unit you'll never be able to use it, as they are frenzied and will have to charge anything you'll be in range to hit with it. Sporofiric musk would be more useful in this case, though only versus the high and dark elves.
    The second thing is that great weapons are a bit over kill versus units such as the undead and elves since they tend to have low T and low armor. Good luck with your army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morfius View Post

My usual opponents are VC, DE (not too cheesed), HE, Ogres, Tomb Kings.

Sigvald the Magnificent: 425pts
    He will be fine for non tournement gaming.Be aware most opponents will avoid him if possible. Don't be afraid to move him into other units-he doesn't need the chosen to babysit him
    Sorcerer – Bloodcurdling Roar, Skull of Katam, M. of Nurgle, chaos steed, lvl 2: 231pts
    Sorcerer – Third Eye of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets, Power Familiar, M. of Tzeentch, lvl 2: 215pts
    These guys wont do alot but in any case I would give the nurgle sorceror 2X dispel scrolls.

12 Chaos Warriors – full command, great weapons, shields, M. of Nurgle, Festering Shroud: 301pts
    These guys are hard as nails.
    14 Chaos Marauders – musician, flails, M. of Slaanesh: 84pts
    Not a big fan of these but if you like them I would run 25 maraurders, slaanesh, shields, light armour
    5 Marauder Horsemen – musician, flails, light armour, M. of Slaanesh: 96pts
    Great
    10 Chosen – full command, great weapons, shields, M. of Slaanesh, Favour of the Gods: 275pts
    In tournies I would swap these for another wizard but they are alot of fun.
    5 Chaos Knights – full command, M. of Nurgle, Banner of Rage: 315pts
    Very hard unit.
    You have a very strong centre with the chaos warriors, maraurders and chosen and one flank will house you chaos Knights+warhound and marauder horsemen with iss also very solid. Watch your other flank because with such a slow army it will take time to reposition to face a threat from the front and back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback! The idea behind the marauders is another flanking/supporting unit to go with the infantry. But I think it would probably be a lot more effective to take another unit of horsemen wouldn't it? I could drop Bloodcurdling roar and the marauder unit for another unit of torpedo horsemen with the MoK, does that sound like a good plan? Gives more speed to the army. I think I still want the two hard infantry units because they have more models and are more survivable than just knights. Why will the sorcerers be so inneffective? Remember it's not a tournement list, just a local club list. As it stands they have 8 power dice and 5 spells between them. I think I'll definitely get quite a bit through! I'm thinking of swapping the MoN + festering shroud on the Warriors for a Mos + blasted standard for a bound spell. I'll obviously be taking steed of shadows on the sorcerer with the book to try and fly Sigvald into units and assassinate characters etc. With his Stubborn and regenerate he won't be going anywhere! I think this tactic could work quite well against Grey Seers in the new Skaven book, since 7 S5 attacks on ASF are going to hurt!

+ Reply to Thread