2250 WoC Fast Combat List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

2250 WoC Fast Combat List

Chaos Lord 375
    Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch
    Soporific Musk, Bloodcurdling Roar
    Chaos Runesword, Enchanted Shield, Collar of Khorne, Favor of the Gods
    I wanted him to be mobile, and be able to jump into fights where he needs to go, trying to actually get some mileage out of the EotG table.

Exalted Hero 259
    Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut of Khorne
    Flail, Shield, Crown of Everlasting Conquest
    BSB
    This guy will go with the Dragon Ogres to add some more hitting power, and it isn't much, but the little MR will be nice.

Sorcerer 175
    2 x Dispel Scroll

Sorcerer 175
    2 x Dispel Scroll
    They probably won't get Flickering Fire off, but they might. I was going to leave them naked, but I have nowhere to hide them. I am debating switching the items here, as 4 scrolls seems a bit much in my eyes.

4 x 5 Chaos Warhounds 120
    Staple cheap drops and screens.

3 x 5 Marauder Horsemen 195
    Ran out of points for equipment to be honest. Would have liked to see some spears/light armor, or flails here, but as is, they are great for table quarters and non Dwarven war machines.

2 x 5 Chaos Knights 460
    Mark of Khorne
    Rank and file meat grinders here.

3 Dragon Ogres 231
    Great Weapons
    Can openers of the reptilian variety.

2 x Chaos Warshrines 260
    Trying out tossing blessings the Lord's way, in order to make him a bit meaner. Nice in the sense that if needed, I can switch attention to the Dragon Ogres/Knights too. Decent at protecting the flanks and backfield as well.

PD - 4
    DD - 4 + 4 Dispel Scrolls
    13 Placements
    54 Models

So basic approach is to run up and beat face. The Sorcerers are there to add some minor fire base, but mainly for defense. BSB running in the line with the Dragon Ogres to make the unit roll through things, and Lord adds in where needed/assassinates.

Any comments would be appreciated. I would really like to find a way to throw in some equipment onto my Marauder Horsemen, and perhaps get a better setup on my Wizards.

It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

My thoughts in red

Quote Originally Posted by Esco Thomson View Post
    Chaos Lord 375
    Soporific Musk, Bloodcurdling Roar
    Chaos Runesword, Enchanted Shield, Collar of Khorne, Favor of the Gods
    I wanted him to be mobile, and be able to jump into fights where he needs to go, trying to actually get some mileage out of the EotG table.

Sounds like a good Choice

Exalted Hero 259
    Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut of Khorne
    Flail, Shield, Crown of Everlasting Conquest
    BSB
    This guy will go with the Dragon Ogres to add some more hitting power, and it isn't much, but the little MR will be nice.
    Careful here, if he can see someone to charge, he'll charge out of the unit due to frenzy

Sorcerer 175
    2 x Dispel Scroll

Sorcerer 175
    2 x Dispel Scroll
    They probably won't get Flickering Fire off, but they might. I was going to leave them naked, but I have nowhere to hide them. I am debating switching the items here, as 4 scrolls seems a bit much in my eyes.

If you wanna make them more useful, maybe give one infernal puppet and the other the black tongue, to force a miscast and maybe take out an enemy wizard

4 x 5 Chaos Warhounds 120
    Staple cheap drops and screens.
    4 is a bit much, they'll probably just get in the way more than anything, i'd stick with 2

3 x 5 Marauder Horsemen 195
    Ran out of points for equipment to be honest. Would have liked to see some spears/light armor, or flails here, but as is, they are great for table quarters and non Dwarven war machines.

Why not take 2, give them equipment, and fill the 3rd core with 10 marauders (only 40 points) use them as a rear guard

2 x 5 Chaos Knights 460
    Mark of Khorne
    Rank and file meat grinders here.

Frenzied knights, although hit incredibly hard, are a big liability, if an experienced player baits them, thats 230 points out of your control for a while, and a big unit this army can't be without. I'd say MoT/standard or MoN instead, they are still very killy, but you can actually control them.

3 Dragon Ogres 231
    Great Weapons
    Can openers of the reptilian variety.
    Try to find points for a champ here, that way shooting hits are randomized, it'll keep them alive longer hopefully, plus if you run into a character with killing blow, your bsb doesn't have to get raped, you can take it with the ogre champ (4 Str 7 Attacks and 4 wounds is nice)
    2 x Chaos Warshrines 260
    Trying out tossing blessings the Lord's way, in order to make him a bit meaner. Nice in the sense that if needed, I can switch attention to the Dragon Ogres/Knights too. Decent at protecting the flanks and backfield as well.

I don't personally like them, but they work for what you're doing here, so i say keep em.

PD - 4
    DD - 4 + 4 Dispel Scrolls
    13 Placements
    54 Models

So basic approach is to run up and beat face. The Sorcerers are there to add some minor fire base, but mainly for defense. BSB running in the line with the Dragon Ogres to make the unit roll through things, and Lord adds in where needed/assassinates.

Any comments would be appreciated. I would really like to find a way to throw in some equipment onto my Marauder Horsemen, and perhaps get a better setup on my Wizards.
    Last edited by Ayliffe; December 26th, 2009 at 20:01.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Currently I am debating taking out a unit of dogs in order to place flails on the Marauder Horsemen.

Thoughts?
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely drop some hounds. 2 units of 5 is enough, anymore would likely just fill the battle lines and slows down your other cavs.
    Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

In my all cav list i play with 3 units, 4 would seem to bungle up my deployment line and slow me down. However they can be useful to keep the frenzied cavalry under control, place your hounds in front of the knight units, if you want to charge your knights then charge your warhounds at another unit to get them out of the way or keep them there if you don't want them to get baited. Also instead of MoK on one of the knight units give them banner of rage, that will make it so that they can't lose their frenzy, which can be useful especially if youre outnumbered by a fear causing unit, and its only 5 pts more then MoK. And if you free up points elsewhere you can throw them another mark but thats up to you. Another idea i don't know if you have the models for it, but instead of wasting lots of money on discs and marks just leave one or both of your wizards naked with 2 scrolls and put them in chariots, it actually makes the chariots cheaper, increases your wizards armor save, and the chariots are actually helpful for throwing their weight into a fight to tip it in your favor, or protecting your flanks and rear. Also i'm not a big fan of crown of conquest on your bsb. I would prefer to see perhaps bronze armour so he can charge out and engage monsters and protect him from killing blow, and then sword of strength and favour of the gods. His godly AS should keep him alive especially if he is protected from killing blow. And the black tongue and puppet wouldn't fit well in this army.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

I'd be tempted to put bloodcurdling roar on a sorc instead of your lord. You want the lord in combat, and if he's in combat he can't use roar. Your sorcs should never see combat, and therefore are the perfect unit for roar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

You could always drop the marks/disks and a few dogs to give your lvl1 sorcerers a chariot to ride. So much better use for scroll caddies. You might get a fireball off, or you might get a flickering fire off, or you can have them on chariots and watch them roll over things.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Roar might be better suited for them, I will look into that...

I only free up 80 points from dropping the marks/discs off of the Sorcerers, and even with a whopping two units of dogs down, I would still be soul searching for another 60 points...

Hard to find the points for chariots, otherwise I might have probably gone that route from the get go.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Dropping tzeentch/disc and 2 units of dogs gives exactly the points needed to put 1 guy on a chariot.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkus View Post
    Dropping tzeentch/disc and 2 units of dogs gives exactly the points needed to put 1 guy on a chariot.
    Which is all well and good, but still leaves me scratching my brain as for what to do with the other guy...
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast