Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
indeed it looks like GW might be able to produce a decent list! and i quite like the style
Warriors of Chaos - Sample Armies: Page 3 | Gaming | Warhammer Articles | Games Workshop
so with this in mind:
Lord: Chaos Lord of Khorne, Juggernaught, Axe of Khorne, Chaos Runeshield, - 370pts
Hero: Chaos Sorceror, Mark of Tzeentch, bloodcurdling roar, disc of Tzeentch, dispel scroll -170
Core: 5 maruader horsemen with light armour, flails, MoK - 110
Core: 5 maruader horsemen with throwing axes, MoS, musician, shields -96
Core: 5 maruader horsemen with throwing axes, MoS, musician, shields - 96
Core: 5 warhounds - 30
Special 1: 10 Chaos Knights, full command, Banner of Rage - 485
Special 2: 5 Chaos Knights, full command - 250
Special 3: 5 Chaos Knights, full command - 250
Special 4: Chaos Chariot +MoS - 130
Total: 1987 (so some points to play with i know)
Not entirely happy with this list TBH, think it will work better at 2250 where i can take at least another scroll caddy. - but not sure how to change it around.
any help, would be awesome. Poxy.
Just a few of my opinions:
1) More hounds (+1 unit of 5)
2) A big block of 10 Knights are generally too bulky to maneuver, especially frenzied. Also, when fighting only the front rank fights, so the guys at the back rank doing nothing = waste points. The flip side is that they're more resistant to shooting/magic than normal units of 5 - even if 2/3 guys die the front rank is still complete. You can always try it for yourself, though I personally wouldn't, but that's just me.
3) Champions in units of 5 Knights are not that good. They die too easily. Drop two of them and you can fit in another unit of hounds.
4) A single chariot ain't very effective. A single cannonball and they're gone; Impact wounds are not that good if alone, better paired and charge together. Too expensive for a distracting unit. Drop it and you can squeeze in another scroll caddie.
5) Your characters, IMO, are too vague. Either you go combat heavy or magic heavy, not in-between. You can also consider swapping the Lord for an exalted with Runesword. Similar stats, much less expensive = more points for something else.
Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.
1 - yup definatly, my original list had 5 more hounds and can certainly see the use in them, but wans't sure how to squeeze em in (i took them out last minute to grab a scroll)
2 - yeah no practice with the big units of 10 as yet, was hoping it would work as the solid brick for the lord to ride in and smash the opponents away - think will run with it for the moment, see how it works and if it fails heck can always then just make my knight units 6 men strong.
3 - assume they die in challenges? will definatly consider dropping them.
4 - just had this in, as was in my 1000pt list, luckily i know i don't play any artillary players, so i know their is no cannonballs floating around, most i see is a bolt thrower now and then. But was thinking of perhaps taking it out for a war shrine (to upgrade the unit of 10 knights) or 2 chaos spawn.
5 - Am wondering how a Lord of Khorne on a Jugger with axe of Khorne and runeshield is a vague charecter though will agree on the wizard especially as he stands at the moment.
umm stuff to think about indeed.
Not just cannonballs. Any S7 attacks can pop a chariot almost instantly.
By vague i meant the sorceror actually. Why not just get a naked sorcerer with 2 scrolls and be done with it? A lone disk-rider floating around is not a sound idea. Once he's down, you're magically defenseless.
If you want to try though:
Chaos Sorceror - 135 pts
Chas Sorceror - 135 pts
Disk-boy goes ahead and shoot some cavalry while the other hangs back, hogging the scrolls. How's that sound? The disk-boy is a bit expensive though. 135pts just for popping 1~2 cavs and one extra DD.
Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.
well not put the riders on the chariot yet, so can easily replace them with a pile of skulls/chaos icons to make it into a war shrine. Will try both out (as both come to the same points cost) and i think it will be one of those experiement things.
as for the sorceror indeed i only had him on the disc as i made a disk rider model complete with scratchbuilt disk - and is Lvl 2 in my 1000pt list, just was not sure what to do with him here. I think as you suggest a normal Sorceror with 2 scrolls could be a wiser choice, and if i drop a champion can get him on a steed so he is not footsloggin by himself.
i will tweek the list a bit later, and come back to it.
cheers for the input.