1k+1k Doubles Tournament List. Paired with DE, critique needed! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k+1k Doubles Tournament List. Paired with DE, critique needed!

hey there, im fairly new to fantasy, but i understand the game. my best mate and i are paired in a local gw doubles tourny with a cap on heroes at 2. 2 special 1 rare, onto the proposed lists:

1000 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster - Unnamed

1 The Troll King Throgg @ xxx Pts
    General; Causes Fear; Regenerate

3 Trolls @ xxx Pts
    Causes Fear; Regenerate; Stupid

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 71 Pts
    Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Fast Cavalry
    5 Warhorse @ [0] Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ xx Pts

5 Chaos Knights @ 210 Pts
    Musician Mus; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear
    5 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

5 Chaos Knights @ 210 Pts
    Musician Mus; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear
    5 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 166 Pts
    Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
    1 Chaos Steed
    1 Dispel Scroll
    1 Death's Head
    1 Bloodcurdling Roar
    -----------------------------OR------------------------------instead of the scroll caddy, one of the following worked into the list:
    1 Exalted Hero @ 196 Pts
    Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
    1 Chaos Steed
    1 Filth Mace
    1 Enchanted Shield
    1 Bloodcurdling Roar

1 Exalted Hero @ 201 Pts
    Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield
    1 Chaos Steed
    1 Chaos Runesword
    1 Bloodcurdling Roar

1 Exalted Hero (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 231 Pts. This option is very expensive overall and i am unconvinced it would make its points back...though -1 leadership is just so great
    Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer
    1 Chaos Steed
    1 Doom Totem

my DE partner is using a hero on manticore, hydra, knights, chariot, block of spearmen, harpies, something else...he's a good player, beats me all the time but I have basically infinite models of everything, for this size game, 20x marauder horsemen, million warhounds, et al. i wonder what kind of list would synergize best with his?

Last edited by silent_lemon; February 9th, 2010 at 01:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Ok do you play on the same table mixing your armies? Or separate tables fighting two separate opponents?

The reason i ask is army design would be different if you combine your army on the same table this way you should attempt to create one list using two books, using the strengths of both books.

He should take mobility and shooting you should be taking rock hard units like knights ect.

If you have separate armies, then is Throg a lord choice? if he is you will not be able to take him at 1k points. I don't know as i don't use special characters because i think they are BS.
    Last edited by null_sheen; February 9th, 2010 at 02:27. Reason: speeling :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

he's a hero

but he is bs either way
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

throgg is a hero, and better for the points than an exalted. with an ace up the sleeve, "kill a unit" breath vomit. for 175. har har har.

special characters are written into the rules, this is a games work shop tourny so obviously they would play RAW. no house rules

i hear what youre saying null sheen, keeping the armies working together, but we figured both using hard hitting terror bombing lists in their face and praying for results would be a decent strategy..

ive never been learned on list building strategies, so im just throwing things together i think would work well.

roaring and throggs kill a unit ace is just plain mean. also trolls as core, and not really "stupid" is just plain overbearing.

ps. i built a few other lists ill show, including en masse warriors for 200-300 per unit x 2 and a few warhounds and marauders but they just seem so vanilla flavoured. and mass marauder horsemen with flails is okay, i might take a warrior unit and 20 of them or some such. difficult to choose at this points level
    Last edited by silent_lemon; February 9th, 2010 at 03:18.

+ Reply to Thread