<2000 WoC Cavalry vs Vampire counts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

WoC Cavalry vs Vampire counts

Hi guys,
    I got a friendly game coming soon against a good friend of mine. He plays VC and as a wide range of minis, so I don't know what to expect. I made up a list that I want to play test because it could become my main list.

Sorcerer lvl 1 with MoN, Power Familiar, Book of Secrets, Barded Mount. 171
    Sorcerer lvl 1 MoT, Rod, Barded Mount. 166
    Sorcerer lvl 1 MoT, Disk, GEoT, Scroll, roar. 195
    Sorcerer lvl 1 MoT, EShield, Scroll, Stream. 185

5 Horsemen, MoK. 105
    5 Horsemen, MoK. 105
    6 Horsemen, MoS, TA, Mus. 106
    5 Hounds. 30
    5 Hounds. 30

6 KoC, MoN, Banner, Rage. 325
    6 KoC, MoN, Banner, Warbanner. 315
    5 KoC, Banner, Wrath. 265

The main thing I fear about my list is the low number of bodies I have. Against VC is doesn't matter that much, as my units will get unahrmed to his lines, and should manage to butcher him enough for it not to make any difference. Should I swap my unit of KoC with Wrath for a unit of WoC with Wrath ? Slower, but they would be perfect for the required task, and would add some precious bodies (actually 6 more...)

2. Remove Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Slightly below Join Date, just above Age
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

You have 600+ points of characters that seem unfocused to me. They aren't great at CC, they aren't great at casting, they aren't great at magic defense. I think they have to challenge if they get into CC, so they are easily killed, and don't seem like they'll contribute much. Maybe make them level 2's, or make one a Lord, so they can cast some spells with more dice? Or swap some for CC characters.

You are also pretty vulnerable to killing blow/ armor-ignoring spells/weapons. Maybe swap some knights for dragon ogres to diversify a bit?

Hope that helps,
    - Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

+ Reply to Thread