<2000 2250 Balanced Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Balanced Competitive

Chaos Lord- 415pts MoK Juggernaut Blashphemous Amulet Chaos Runeshield Sword of Battle Word of Agony

Chaos Sorcerer- 185 Lvl 2 MoN Rod of Torment

Chaos Sorcerer- 190 Lvl 2 MoN Power Familiar Book of Secrets

Exalted Hero- 200 MoT Disc Golden Eye of Tzeentch Enchanted Shield Stream of Corruption

Core-

12x Warriors- FC- Shields- MoS- Banner of Wrath 277

12x Warriors- FC- Shields- MoS- Rapturous Standard 257

20x Marauders- FC- LA, Shield- MoS- 150

Special-

5x Chaos Knights- FC- MoN- Banner of Rage 315pts

5x Chaos Knights- FC- MoS-260pts

Characters- 990

Core- 684

Special-575

Use Exalted to hunt down ranged threats, casters to bubos snipe after bounds to get rid of challenge dummies or weaken characters before my lord goes in for the kill, both knight units to stay together so the unfrenzied unit could cover the BoR units. Considering making room for a unit of hounds, but I want to see if I can handle knights covering knights concept. I could also use the Exalted as support for this unit as well to expose flank of the knights and have him cover it with his 50x50mm coverage. The blasphemous amulet should help to kill off unit champs as well and clear out a rank bonus before combat begins (if I get stuck with a frontal charge).

What do you think?

Last edited by drpieceofme; March 30th, 2010 at 03:18.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Nice list overall. I'll put my two cents here.

Quote Originally Posted by drpieceofme View Post
    Chaos Lord- 415pts MoK Juggernaut Blashphemous Amulet Chaos Runeshield Sword of Battle Word of Agony
    Downgrade this guy to a hero. Trust me you don't want 415 pts roaming around the battlefield. And don't use him as a general (maybe as a BSB ).

Chaos Sorcerer- 185 Lvl 2 MoN Rod of Torment

Chaos Sorcerer- 190 Lvl 2 MoN Power Familiar Book of Secrets
    You need at least one dispel scrolls. I usually take 1 dispel scroll per 1000pts. Put those guy on steed if you expect them to fight.
    Exalted Hero- 200 MoT Disc Golden Eye of Tzeentch Enchanted Shield Stream of Corruption
    I am not sure you'll get to use stream of corruption honestly. A flail or halberd might be nice. One option would be to upgrade this guy to a Lord, and downgrade the other to a juggy hero.
    Core-

12x Warriors- FC- Shields- MoS- Banner of Wrath 277

12x Warriors- FC- Shields- MoS- Rapturous Standard 257

If you can, try to include the Banner of the Gods or at least a BSB in your list. Warriors tend to be epic failures when they miss their attacks.

20x Marauders- FC- LA, Shield- MoS- 150
    Not enough little guy, make sure they are 25.

Special-

If you put a champion make sure the unit is 6 strong to get the look out sir.

Your army could clearly benefit from spawns or hellcanon.

Characters- 990

Core- 684

Special-575

Use Exalted to hunt down ranged threats, casters to bubos snipe after bounds to get rid of challenge dummies or weaken characters before my lord goes in for the kill, both knight units to stay together so the unfrenzied unit could cover the BoR units. Considering making room for a unit of hounds, but I want to see if I can handle knights covering knights concept. I could also use the Exalted as support for this unit as well to expose flank of the knights and have him cover it with his 50x50mm coverage. The blasphemous amulet should help to kill off unit champs as well and clear out a rank bonus before combat begins (if I get stuck with a frontal charge).

What do you think?
    Last edited by dapredator66; March 30th, 2010 at 18:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Sorcerer- 220
    Lvl 2
    MoT
    Disc
    Golden Eye
    Enchanted Shield
    Blood Curdling Roar

Chaos Sorcerer- 201
    Lvl 2
    MoN
    Barded Steed
    Rod of Torment

Chaos Sorcerer- 190
    Lvl 2
    MoN
    Power Familiar
    Book of Secrets

Exalted Hero BSB- 250
    MoK
    Jugg
    Axe of Khorne
    Shield

Core-

12x Warriors- FC- Shields- MoS- Rapturous Standard 257pts

20x Marauders- FC- LA, Shield- MoS- 150pts

Marauder Horsemen- Flails- MoS- 85pts

Special-

12x Chosen- FC- Shields, halberds, Favour- MoS- Banner of Wrath- 340

18 points over. Need advice on reducing overflow. Was considering giving marauders flails instead of shield/la to reduce points *shrug*.

Made moderate adjustments. Added the horsemen for some flank protection. Removed the lord and added a lvl 2 sorc. Changed the Exalted into a Khorne on Jugg. Turned a warrior unit into chosen with left over points and gave them shields and halberd. Gave wrath banner to chosen to increase the attention they receive.

Will use the Tzeentch sorc to bombard gunlines w/ magic and roar. Nurgles to snipe magic item holders and characters and attempt to leper rank and file threats so BCR and magic can do more damage and increase my survivability considerable.

Will use the the tzeentch sorcerer to help flank control if needed.
    Last edited by drpieceofme; March 31st, 2010 at 07:56.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Drop one of the sorcerers, I recommend the one with the rod of torment and the chosen and take two 15 strong chaos warriors units. I would recommend increasing the size of the marauders to 20+ as a clever opponant will see them as easy points for shooting at.
    The combination of book of secrets and power familiar is a risky but potent combination that can reap significant rewards. I recomend the Lore of Shadows for the free spell given by the Book of Secrets and automatically choose Steed of Shadows so that he can move around the battlefield without a problem despite the fact that he is on foot.
    I would also think about giving the MOS knights a warbanner to increase their effectiveness in combat.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; April 6th, 2010 at 05:45.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    Drop one of the sorcerers, I recommend the one with the rod of torment and the chosen and take two 15 strong chaos warriors units. I would recommend increasing the size of the marauders to 20+ as a clever opponant will see them as easy points for shooting at.
    The combination of book of secrets and power familiar is a risky but potent combination that can reap significant rewards. I recomend the Lore of Shadows for the free spell given by the Book of Secrets and automatically choose Pelt of Midnight so that he can move around the battlefield without a problem despite the fact that he is on foot.
    I would also think about giving the MOS knights a warbanner to increase their effectiveness in combat.

JvK
    I thought that with the book of secrets you still had to roll a D6 for a random spell from the lore which you choose. It doesn't say anywhere that you get to choose the spell. It only says you can choose the lore.

Edit : Ah woops sorry nevermind, it's spell ONE so you can do that ( Haha blonde moment - epic fail). Name of that spell is Steed of Shadows.
    Last edited by miawmiaw1; April 5th, 2010 at 18:24.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Oops my bad. Steed of Shadows indeed. I was a on my way to being a bit iniebriated when I wrote that post. lol

It has now been corrected.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread