<3000 2250 WOC Fast List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 WOC Fast List

Sorcerer Lord
    Level Four
    Mark of Nurgle
    Crown of Everlasting Conquest
    Spell Familiar
    Book of Secrets
    Stream of Corruption
    Chaos Dragon

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level Two
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Power Familiar
    Dispel Scroll

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level Two
    Mark of Nurgle
    Infernal Puppet
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Blood-Curdling Roar

12 Chaos Warriors
    Shields
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Musician
    Standard Bearer

5 Marauder Horsemen
    Light Armour
    Flails
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Musician
    Throwing Spears

5 Marauder Horsemen
    Light Armour
    Flails
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Musician
    Throwing Spears

6 Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights
    Standard Bearer
    Musician
    Mark of Slaanesh

3 Dragon Ogres
    Additional Hand Weapons

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
    Great Weapon

any thoughts??? idea is to out the Dragon Ogre Shaggoth on one flank and the Dragon ogres down the middle, try and get Rot Glorious Rot and then fly right down into the middle of the enemy forces before letting it off.

To Sleep Tzeentch shall come for us all in the end.
    Perchance to Dream To change the living, to the dead.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Pretty strong list a few comments.

First not a huge fan of the stream of corruption, as its a one use only and the dragon already has 2 breath weapons. Also if you could get your tzeentch guy on a disc and give him the puppet/roar/ and talisman for protection and then put the nurgle sorcerer in your infantry then the flying tzeentch wizard would be able to use the roar much better, and you can keep your nurgle guy marching up and spamming while your quick units engage. Also consider swapping the warriors for some marauders as they will either A perform as a bunker for a mage or B throw in some static res for your quicker units that lack static res i.e. shaggoth, DO, knights. And the marauders will be lots cheaper then the warriors to boot. So if you do that and drop stream of corruption it will free up points to either put in a second unit of dogs (which this concentrated list could use another throw away unit), ormaybe diabolic edict on dragon(all the terror and panic he causes its useful). Also I might change one of the slaanesh MHorsemen to khorne as they cause so much damage for their points. And also you might regret not having a musician in your knight unit!

Anyhow this is all based on composition if you don't like the marauder models, or don't own a disk rider, or rather keep the warriors because they look so awesome,etc then adjust accordingly. Thats just my say on this list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do own a disk rider, however he has been converted into a BSB...... do you think my tournament would let me run him?? I do like my Warriors as I have converted and painted them up in metallic purple with freehand all over them, I do have a block of 20 marauders, however they have flails..... so if I follow your suggestions it would be:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord
    Level Four
    Mark of Nurgle
    Spell Familiar
    Book of Secrets
    Diabolic Splendour
    Chaos Dragon 775

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level Two
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Infernal Puppet
    Amulet of Protection
    Blood-curdling Roar 225

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level Two
    Mark of Nurgle
    Dispel Scroll
    Power Familiar
    Barded Chaos Steed 191

20 Marauders
    Flails
    Full Command
    Mark of Slaanesh

5 Marauder Horsemen
    Mark of Khorne
    Flails
    Throwing Spears
    Light Armour
    Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Flails
    Throwing Spears
    Light Armour
    Musician

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Musician
    Standard Bearer

3 Dragon Ogres
    Additional Hand Weapons

Shaggoth
    Great Weapon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Honestly theyre pretty close lists, i like the second one more but if your disc rider is modeled as a bsb and your marauders are modeled with flails, then i would say go with your first list. Flails really arent appropriate for their use there, either give them shields and LA for sticking, or keep them completely naked and cheap just to hide your mage in. Still switch to diabolic splendour if you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I ran a list very similar to this one recently at a tournament and did very well till really bad luck screwed me; started the tourney with two massacres against DE, so i'll give my input and you can take what you want from it.

Quote Originally Posted by 128th_king View Post
    Chaos Sorcerer Lord
    Level Four
    Mark of Nurgle
    Spell Familiar
    Book of Secrets
    Diabolic Splendour
    Chaos Dragon 775
    Good, i ran something very similar, just be careful about keeping the sorcerer protected, even with regen he's still quite squishy

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level Two
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Infernal Puppet
    Amulet of Protection
    Blood-curdling Roar 225
    Ran this exact setup and he did very well for me, nuking a hydra turn one for example. Again, make sure he's out of LoS of anything that can threaten him, he's still a big pussy and can't take much damage.

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level Two
    Mark of Nurgle
    Dispel Scroll
    Power Familiar
    Barded Chaos Steed 191
    ya ran the same guy, did awesome, wouldn't change anything. But may i suggest using this guy as your general, this way your dogs and marauders can use his leadership most of the time, as the dragon and disc riders will be off flying about.

20 Marauders
    Flails
    Full Command
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Kinda slow for the rest of the list i think, but if you hang back like i did, they could make a good center and bunker for the nurgle sorc, though i would suggest swapping the flails for shields if you can, to deny your enemy wounds for CR.

5 Marauder Horsemen
    Mark of Khorne
    Flails
    Throwing Spears
    Light Armour
    Musician
    get rid of the spears and musician, they're a waste of points. You'll (almost) never be able to use the spears, and you can't flee with them, so the musician isn't really worth its points.

5 Marauder Horsemen
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Flails
    Throwing Spears
    Light Armour
    Musician
    Good, keep em.
    5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds
    Perfect, i hope you know how to use em, cause they can win games if you do it right. (sounds retarded i know, but it's true.)
    5 Chaos Knights
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Good, though i'd try to find points for the Rapturous standard (trimming the fat on the Khorne MH maybe?), it's a ****in steal and too good not to take.

3 Dragon Ogres
    Additional Hand Weapons
    I'd personally rather another unit of knights, but these can be nasty if you use em on peoples flanks. Just remember they have little to no SCR.

Shaggoth
    Great Weapon
    Two big scary things, i like it. Hopefully he draws fire away from your Dragon.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the plan basically was to put the Marauders in the centre with the dragon ogres just behind to the right of them ready to flank anything that comes near, the Shaggoth would wait on one flank with the Sorcerer Lord hiding behind terrain before flying around the back and combo march-blocking and hopefully getting off Rot Glorious Rot after using some minor cantrips on the other two. If I get doom and darkness on the sorcerer lord with BOS, <3 -4 leadership, take a terror check <3 haha, If I trim the fat off the Marauder Horsemen then I can use it to swap the Marauder's flails for shields and take light armour, also, whoops I forgot to put a disk on the tzeentchie, but thanks for realising it, If I drop the Dragon Ogres then I have to buy more Knights and I already have the Dragon Ogres sitting on my Painting table: cleaned, assembled and sprayed, If I drop them then I will be able to take another squad of inferior troops =/ (just my opinion) I'm trying to kind of put them as a concession, this is a rather friendly tourny I'm going to =/

+ Reply to Thread