<2000 2000pt Nurgle List (My first ever!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

2000pt Nurgle List (My first ever!)

Howdy everyone!

I've been playing WHFB for a long time now, but have avoided Chaos simply because it never really appealed to me. Then, on a whim, I decided to flip through the Warriors of Chaos army book, and as a long-time metal fan I immediately was infatuated with the models, the feel and just...everything. Also, they make a very big change from Tomb Kings.

Anyway, I've decided to do a straight Nurgle army to start off with, and considering I'm pretty much a complete newbie, would like your opinion on my list. Behold!

Lords
    Sorcerer Lord
    Level 4 Upgrade, Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Steed, Chaos Runesword

Heroes
    Exalted Champion
    Shield, Axe of Khorne, Favour of the Gods

Exalted Champion
    Chaos Runeshield, Flail

Core
    Chaos Warriors (Eighteen)
    Full command, shields, Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Warriors (Eighteen)
    Full command, shields, Mark of Nurgle

Special

Chaos Knights (Five)
    Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Knights (Five)
    Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Warshrine
    If my calculations are correct, I should have about 20pts left over. I'm not completely sold on the Warshrine either, not sure that it necessarily fits, maybe redistribute the points somewhat? Anyway, I'll leave the suggestions to you!

+++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Are you sure thats 2000 points?

Thats a very, very small list?

You need 3 units of Core and you only have two. You could slit the warriors into 3 units of 10

Nurgle is good for modeling and theme but in reality not the best mark for its price -1 shooting is ok but for the price of the mark you can get a unit of dogs that is more useful for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

18 blocks of warriors are pretty large, i would make them both twelve. Also I would mix up the characters. You should either go fairly magic heavy, or minimal magic. If you wanted to go with more magic, get a lvl 4 supported by atleast 1 level 2, infernal puppet, power familiar, and book of secrets to buff it up.

If youve wanted to do combat what ive done with great success is 2 units of knights, one with bsb the other with chaos lord, lord had collar of khorne and bsb had fury blood god, so each knight unit had magic resistance. I also had a scroll caddy in a chariot. This worked well to protect my knights from lore of metal/beasts etc to get them into combat, since it wasnt effective for him to target the rest of my army with magic.

It would probably be best to have 1 warrior unit 12-18 strong plus a character on a horse so its 3x6 with rapturous standard. then 2 knight units, put banner of rage on one of them need some warhounds and marauder horsemen to harass. You can play around with different unit combinations to figure out your playing style. It can be tough to fill core, especially if you want to do more then 1 unit of warriors, i usually limit myself to one and then use M Horsemen or marauders to fill the other 2.

Try to include a bsb somewhere.

As for the mark of nurgle i get pretty good mileage for it often. Its good on knights, warriors, and maruaders. The ws5 will make ws 3 people hit you on 5's. Not good on horsemen or warshrines. As for characters nurgle is a great lore, but it can be overpriced for combat characters and will often be better to give them a different mark. Not to say it won't work but a 6+ ward from tzeentch is better and half the points. I don't know why they made it so expensive characters, but i still often include for fluff.

+ Reply to Thread