<3000 2250 Cavalry & Magic List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Cavalry & Magic List

Lord- 832
    Sorcerer Lord- Lvl 4- MoT- Disc, GoT, Enchanted Shield, Spell Familiar, Rod of Torment, Conjoined Homunculus, Blood Curdling Roar

Heroes-

Sorcerer- Lvl 2- MoS- Chaos Steed- Power Familiar, Book of Secrets
    Sorcerer- Lvl 2- MoN- Chaos Steed- Infernal Puppet

Core- 387
    5x M. Horsemen- MoK- Flails
    5x M. Horsemen- MoS- Musi, Throwing Axes, Flails
    5x M. Horsemen- MoS- Musi, Throwing Axes
    5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds

Special- 765

6x Chaos Knights- MoN- SB, Banner of Rage- 325
    6x Chaos Knights- MoN- SB, Rapturous Standard- 310
    1x Chaos Chariot- MoS- 130

Rare- 265

Giant- MoS

Heavy magic obviously. Depending on the ranged capabilities I will gun straitline the giant out into the opposing army to get him stuck early. With asf and stubborn 10 he should hold up anything for a long while. I will strong flank with the rest of the army while I send the horsemen out to catch any gunline or single model threats (warpfire throwers come into mind). The banners for the knights units will help them stick in combat if they lose.

The sorcerer I put with the knight unit w/ frenzy can still cast on a failed charge so if they decide to flee they have to be concerned with being pegged in the back with spells.

The hounds will screen the Banner of Rage unit and khorne horsemen. I will double screen one of the units if I need or send the other unit to help with gunlines or redirecting.

The chariot will be used to support the giant or a knight units (or both).

Considering making the 2 steed sorcerers fighty. Daemonic steed in the middle of a unit of knights w/ blasphemous amulet and sword of might.

Any suggestions or critique?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Don't make sorcerer's combat oriented, and don't take level 2 Slaanesh sorc's. If you go slaanesh take a level 4 with a spell familiar (which might i add is one of the best options for us in the magic department) or don't take one at all. Level 2's just aren't worth their points if they are marked slaanesh. As for the combat kitting, it's useless and counter-productive; take items to strengthen your magic offense and defense, leave the combat to the exalted hero's and Lords.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Everything Ayliffe said is correct. I'll comment on things inside the quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by drpieceofme View Post
    Lord- 832
    Sorcerer Lord- Lvl 4- MoT- Disc, GoT, Enchanted Shield, Spell Familiar, Rod of Torment, Conjoined Homunculus, Blood Curdling Roar
    Looks good overall with some serious damage output potential, but you really should get rid of the Homunculus. You're only LD8 and you WILL fail stupidity and discs only move 1/2" when they go stupid, that's a good way to leave yourself inside someone's charge line.

Heroes-

Only the upper level spells in slaanesh really work well and you aren't capable of getting those every game. The reason why this guy should be changed to nurgle/tzeentch is because both those #1 spells are epicly good and you're gaurunteed to get them.

Core- 387
    5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds
    Probably could get away with just 2 warhound units.

Special- 765

Rare- 265

Giant- MoS
    Expensive and very random. Some games he does great and some games he fails to show up in a bad way. Not exactly what you'd expect out of such an expensive monster. I'd argue you'd get more success out of a slaanesh warshrine and another chariot for those points. But he is sort of fun to play and can be devastating, so no one would fault you for keeping him. I always put the point cost against another knight unit. Yeah a giant is great to have, but at 260 points you got 5 nurgle knights with standard/musician and let me tell you, they will kill more things and last longer than a giant.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkus View Post
    Everything Ayliffe said is correct.
    you should just put this in your sig.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drpieceofme View Post
    Lord- 832
    Sorcerer Lord- Lvl 4- MoT- Disc, GoT, Enchanted Shield, Spell Familiar, Rod of Torment, Conjoined Homunculus, Blood Curdling Roar, dispel scroll
    As pinkus said, drop homonuclous and I would also drop th rod as str 3 won't get you very far if it goes off at all.
    Heroes-

Change this to mark of tzeentch so you can 2 die flickering fire, 1 die fireball and leave pool to lord.

Core- 387
    5x Warhounds
    Warhounds
    5x Warhounds
    Only 2 units of warhounds, as pinkus said.
    Special- 7655x

Rare- 265

Giant- MoS

Heavy magic obviously. Depending on the ranged capabilities I will gun straitline the giant out into the opposing army to get him stuck early. With asf and stubborn 10 he should hold up anything for a long while. I will strong flank with the rest of the army while I send the horsemen out to catch any gunline or single model threats (warpfire throwers come into mind). The banners for the knights units will help them stick in combat if they lose.

The sorcerer I put with the knight unit w/ frenzy can still cast on a failed charge so if they decide to flee they have to be concerned with being pegged in the back with spells.

The hounds will screen the Banner of Rage unit and khorne horsemen. I will double screen one of the units if I need or send the other unit to help with gunlines or redirecting.

The chariot will be used to support the giant or a knight units (or both).

Considering making the 2 steed sorcerers fighty. Daemonic steed in the middle of a unit of knights w/ blasphemous amulet and sword of might.

Any suggestions or critique?
    Could drop the second units of warhounds and the asf giant for chariot and warshrinw just as pinkus said.

+ Reply to Thread