<3000 2500pt WoC army list- final adjustments - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pt WoC army list- final adjustments

hi guys

after making quite a few army lists, and getting good feedback i think i have come up with a list that i am happy to use.

so here goes...

Lords

chaos lord-mark of tzeentch, chaos steed, chaos runesword, shield- 304

heroes

exalted hero- mark of khorne, sword of might, shield- 170

chaos sorcerer- mark of nurgle, lvl 2, power familiar- 165

chaos sorcerer- mark of tzeentch, lvl 2, book of secrets- 165

core

11 chaos warriors- mark of khorne, Full command, extra hand weapons- 236*

*(hero joins this unit)

15 chaos warriors- mark of nurgle, full command, shields- 300

15 chaos warriors- mark of slaanessh, full command, shields- 280

5 maraudrer horsemen- full command, flails, light armour- 105

5 warhounds- 30

5 warhounds- 30

20 maraudrers- full command, light armour, shields- 140

special

5 chaos knights- mark of tzeentch, full command, blasted standard- 310*

*(lord joins with this unit)

10 chosen- mark of tzeentch, full command, halberds- 265

total- 2500 points

to me this army seems quite good and has got most of the things in i like the look of, and before people ask the army does conform to the new percentages.

any comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

.......so have you thought about the new Percentages?

LORD:
    Looks alright and isn't overly expensive. I'd consider getting him the talisman of protection just for a 5+ Ward.

HEROES:
    Exalted Hero is looking nice. He's a bit brittle though with only a 3+ save and no Ward. How about getting the Enchated chield or the Lucky shield? The lucky shield is the same price as a normal Shield so there's no real reason not to take it!!

Sorcerers: Be warned about using the Book of Secrets. Any miscast that wizard makes he'll pretty much be going boom with the new Miscast table.

CORE:
    Khorne warriors are fine. Very Very killy with the new rules and I've used then quite a few times! Consider grabbing the Bladed Standard to give these boys Armour piercing. It's expensive but you'll kill so much more.

Nurlge/Slaanesh Warriors could do with something a bit more...Killy. Halberds maybe? I'd consider dropping the Champion. It's alot of points to get 1 extra attack. Consider some of those cheapo standards. Flaming attacks on the whole unit is nice as fire now causes fear in cavalry, chariots and monsters.

Marauders are a bit 'eh' They're not really big enough to be getting stubborn and they aren't equiped with anything to actually do damage. Maybe have another think about these? Make them a unit of 30 with Tzeentch for a 5+ Ward in combat or Khorne and Great weapons....Or ditch them for something else.

SPECIAL:
    Knights are fine. Champion is expensive for just 1 attack though. 20pts is half a knight.

Chosen could do with another 2 models for those extra attacks but other than that they're alright. Favour on the Champion would ne a nice touch.

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madmek View Post
    chaos lord-mark of tzeentch, chaos steed, chaos runesword, shield- 304
    Why not just make this guy a Exalted hero, you could either keep the chaos runesword or give him a great weapon or Flail and then a wardsave, if your wanting to use this list in 8th ed i would suggest Talisman of endurance (5+ wardsave so 4+ with MoT), Dragon Helm (+1 save and good against Fire attacks) and great weapon. So thats a 4+ ward, 2+ save and strength 7.

exalted hero- mark of khorne, sword of might, shield- 170
    I would give him a enchanted shield, that wat he has a 2+ save on foot

chaos sorcerer- mark of nurgle, lvl 2, power familiar- 165
    Why not try Black tongue on this guy.

chaos sorcerer- mark of tzeentch, lvl 2, book of secrets- 165
    Thrid eye of Tzeentch

11 chaos warriors- mark of khorne, Full command, extra hand weapons- 236*
    Personally i would bulk this unit up to 18 strong and give them (in 8th atleast) Standard blade (unit gains AP)

15 chaos warriors- mark of nurgle, full command, shields- 300
    Again 18, why not give them halberds? could even give them banner of rage as well

15 chaos warriors- mark of slaanessh, full command, shields- 280
    I would personally drop this unit

5 maraudrer horsemen- full command, flails, light armour- 105
    Drop the standard and champion, make them 10 strong, drop the light armour

5 warhounds- 30

5 warhounds- 30
    Fine

20 maraudrers- full command, light armour, shields- 140
    Like Borak said, make them 30 strong and either give them MoK and great weapons (easy to convert) or MoT so they have a 5+ wardsave in combat as well as a 5+ armour save.

5 chaos knights- mark of tzeentch, full command, blasted standard- 310*
    Drop the champion, Standad of Disciple (+1Ld)

10 chosen- mark of tzeentch, full command, halberds- 265
    To be honest i dont think you need another infantry unit, why not add something with some real hiiting power, Ogres with great weapons, dragon ogres with great weapons, trolls? a Giant, a Hellcannon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the comments- i am beginning to see the point made about unit champions ( being a O&G player they fill up points), as in this army points are a bit tighter (excluding the khorne warriors and chosen it saves around 54 points...), anyway i'll have to wait for my pre-ordered rulebook to arrive to see about the new standards etc they sound nice.

on the point made about the chosen i am not really convinced about replacing them with a hellcannon maybe at 3000pts as it seems to be a little unpredictable and from the rumors the enemy do get their armour saves....

another point to consider, would giving the maraudrers flails and Mok work?- and how does frenzy work now/ is it still +1 attack?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye Stone throwers don't ignroe saves now which is pretty lame for our only cannons but I think we won out against all those Empire and Dwarf armies!! however it's still str5(10.) so it'll ignore most infantry saves or atleast reduce them to next to nothing.

Flails and Khorne still work. Shields and Khorne don't work and Khorne and 2 weapons don't work either (go figure?)

+ Reply to Thread