<2000 New to Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Chaos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Chaos

Hi all!

I've just moved from Dark Elves to Warriors of Chaos, now if someone could perhaps give a sample list that would be excellent!

I am wanting a level 4 Tzeentch Sorcerer on a Disc of Tzeentch, i'm also buying the big box set where you get 20 Marauders, 5 Knights, 12 Chaos Warriors and 10 Hounds, thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

You're not asking much the thing with Chaos is you can just about do anything. You can go all Marauders, All Warriors, All Magic, All combat, All Cav, All infantry, Loads of Monsters. So it really is up to you how you want to play your army. Also, the god you choose to follow (if you choose one) will have a massive impact on your force.

If you're literally just starting out with the Battle Force and a sorcerer (it's unlikely you'll be able fit a Level 4 into that size force) If you were wanting a Tzeentch themed army this is what i'd do.

Level 2 Sorcerer, Tzeentch, Infernal Puppet, Talisman of Protection, Disc.
    12 Chaos Warriors. Tzeentch, Standard, Musician, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame.
    20 Marauders, Standard, Musician, Shields, Tzeentch.
    2 units of 5 Chaos Hounds.
    5 Chaos Knights, Standard, Tzeentch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh sorry friend I meant to add more to that but got distracted, yeah i'm wanting to run a 2000 point list, i'm thinking of running a significant magic Tzeentch force, I play my friends at the GW Hq near us and I always get annihilated by the magic they use, also i'm thinking of taking a BSB with the bloodcurdling roar while the level 4 Sorcerer on disc will have rod of Torment with other magic items.

I'm not sure on the details yet as i've got to get my hands on the Army book yet but I will more than likely be going for a level 4 lord on disc indefinetly

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Get destroyed by magic and you have access to the one true ring to dominate us all?

You'll want the spell familiar to better you chances at getting gateway, since it is the cream of the lore. After that, taking things like the Golden Eye of Tzeentch will help keep your character alive. I've give your flying sorc the roar instead of your BSB. Its easily to position him to us it more frequently.

If you're going all tzeentch, then warriors with shields and tzeentch give them a 5+ ward in combat. And Knights with tzeentch and the blasted standard give them a 4+ ward verse shooting. I'm partial to giving the warriors the +1 movement banner. Its cheap and helps take away one of our weakenesses, which is some what slower infantry.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I place one level 2 Tzeentch sorcerer in the Warrior squad shall I get the Champion in case of being charged? And yeah I think i'll the roar with the disc too i'm gonna check it out now and build a list up I think

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I wouldn't bother. If you think you'll be charged then leave the unit the turn before. My wizard runs around on his own and has never had any ill effects. Well, other than exploding but that's his own fault.

If you are being hurt by magic then you have some serious items to protect you from it. What exactly are the armies against you?

Some Items to help you Vs Magic: Black Tongue, Infernal puppet, Pandemonium Spell, Fury of the blood god & Colar of Khorne for MAgic Resistance. then you have the comon magic Items that give you magic resistance too. Including banners and cheap character Items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so this is the list i've come to; be gentle!!!

#LORD - 370 points
    Level 4 Sorcerer Lord W/ Disc of Tzeentch
    Blood-Curdling Roar / Golden Eye of Tzeentch / Spell familar / MoT

#HERO - 190 points
    Level 2 Sorcerer
    Dispel Scroll / Power Familiar / MoT

# HERO - 190 points
    Level 2 Sorcerer
    The Black Tongue / MoT

# HERO - 261 points
    Exalted Hero W/ Barded Steed
    Shield / MoT / BSB / Banner of Wrath / Crown of Everlasting Glory

# CORE - 254 points
    12 Chaos Warriors
    Shield / Halberd / Full Command / MoT

# CORE - 100 points
    10 Marauders
    Shield / Light Armour / Full Command / MoT

# CORE - 100 points
    10 Marauders

# CORE - 30 points
    5 Chaos Warhounds

# CORE - 30 points
    5 Chaos Warhounds

# SPECIAL - 220 points
    3 Ogres
    MoT / Great Weapons / Chaos Armour / Full Command

SPECIAL - 290 points
    5 Chaos Knights
    MoT / Musician / Standard Bearer / Blasted Standard

Total - 2005 (I need to lose 5 points .. Arse ) But yeah this is just a quick sketch i've done comments and critiscm welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At Lord Borak - I normally come up against; Daemons, WoC, Skaven, Bretonnians, Wood Elves, Ogres, Empire, Dwarves

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

I'd recommend combining the below units into one unit to save points on duplicative command and mark. 10 marauders by themselves aren't going to accomplish anything, especially kitted out defensively. Make one big unit to ensure at least a few ranks make it into combat intact.

Cheers,
    -Koosh

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Nutcase View Post
    Okay so this is the list i've come to; be gentle!!!
    # CORE - 100 points
    10 Marauders

# CORE - 100 points
    10 Marauders
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

8th is all about big blocks of infantry and you do not have any, it looks like you are trying to play MSU DE with WOC and it will not work.

1st loose at least one sorcerer if not both with random power dice you will be only generating 8.5 dice a phase on average. The lvl 4 can eat that all up himself.
    2nd BSB is illegal, cant take a magic banner and a magic item. If you want a combat BSB try the sword of swift slaying and the dawnstone. Also bounds come from your pool now, you going to have allot of points sitting around doing nothing because you do not have enough power dice.

Now with all these points saved bump the warriors to at least 15 and each marauder unit to 30.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast