<3000 2500pts of Slannesh (ish) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pts of Slannesh (ish)

Here's my attempt at combining some of the info gathered on the net with my love of Slaanesh. Not everything is Slaaneshi because I couldn't resist. Here it is:

Chaos Lord (335pts)
    -MoSlaan, Slaanesh Steed, Magic Eye, Aethersword, StreamO Corruption

Sorcerer (170pts)
    -Lvl 2, Infernal Puppet, Spell Familiar, Lore of Shadow

Sorcerer (190pts)
    -Lvl 2, MoNurgle, Third Eye, Power Familiar

Exalted BsB (185pts)
    -Razor Standard, MoSlaan

18 x Warriors (316pts)
    -MoSlaan, Extra Wpn., Musician+Bearer

18 x Warriors (334pts)
    -MoSlaan, Halberd, Shield, Musician+Bearer

30 x Marauders (192pts)
    -MoKhorne, Greatweapons, Musician+Bearer

5 x Marauder Horsemen (91pts)
    -MoSlaan, Flails

-MoSlaan, Flails

5 x Warhounds (30pts)

5 x Warhounds (30pts)

5 x Knights (240pts)
    -MoSlaan, Musician+Bearer, Banner of Rage

5 x Knights (240pts)
    -MoSlaan, Musician+Bearer, Banner of Swiftness

Total: 2494pts

I love having plenty of pieces to play with but I'm worried that too many of the pieces are on the fragile side.

The Lord is a model I love and will likely be flitting about until a major combat comes around and then charge in and vomit a bit.

The sorcerers are trying to make use of the Shadow/Nurgle combo to weaken models and then sicken them to death. I hate that this isn't in the theme of the rest of the army but it'll be fun to try.

The BsB looks weak to me but he's there for some help in combat for the extra wpn. warriors. Let me know if there's something better for him to do.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright well if you want the shadows nurgle combo why not take the festus? its an automatic curse of the leper.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

hey
    i wld take a lvl 4 sorcerer lord with a spell familiar instead of ur lord. if he gets estatic sesiers then he can be very deadly agaisnt those hordes

also drop both of ur sorcers and take another exulted hero and maybe festus but there isnt much point for him other than for the regeneration

and the aethersord isnt worth it - the best armour save some1 can get is a 3+

i Would consider getting a warshrine 5 S6 and D6 S6 attacks + makes a unit very deadly

aslo banner of rage is nearly a must take in this army. i would give it to 1 of ur warriors and then use the warshrine on the other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgascoine011 View Post
    and the aethersord isnt worth it - the best armour save some1 can get is a 3+
    this is complete tripe, there are plenty of ways you can get better than a 3+. This is so wrong, I don't even know how you came up with it.

i Would consider getting a warshrine 5 S6 and D6 S6 attacks + makes a unit very deadly
    Again, what? A warshrine is S4 and if you checked the FAQ, it does not get thunderstomp. I don't even know if that's what you're saying because the textspeak makes this all very hard to understand fully. Are you saying the warshrine would make something S6 with thunderstomp? in any case, it's probably not right.

As for the list, I commend you for going for a slaanesh army, all slaanesh has been debuffed a lot this edition, but what the hey. For the most part the list looks solid, and I agree that the slaanesh lord model looks ill and your build isn't bad for him, though a bit more of a substantial ward would serve him well. Also, the purist in me says, ALL SLAANESH. I dunno, it's pretty fun and cool to have an all one mark army on the table. Anyway, hope this helps, Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think jgascoine011 means that since the Lords strength is so high he'll be negating the max armour save of 2+ to something worse without spending 50pts. thanks for the replies so far guys and keep them coming. I'm going to make another list tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so I've decided to indeed go with all Slaanesh on the units and mostly so on the characters. By changing MoK to MoS on the Marauders I'm left with some added points which I don't know where to spend. Here's the list now:

Sorcerer Lord (335pts)
    -Lvl 4, MoSlaanesh, Infernal Puppet, Power Familiar, Necrotic Phylactery

Sorcerer (170pts)
    -Lvl 2, Third Eye, Spell Familiar, Lore of Shadows

Exalted Hero (190pts)
    -Axe of Khorne, Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh

Exalted BsB (195pts)
    -Stream of Corruption, Warbanner, MoS

18 x Warriors (316pts)
    -MoSlaan, Extra Wpn., Musician+Bearer

18 x Warriors (334pts)
    -MoSlaan, Halberd, Shield, Musician+Bearer

30 x Marauders (172pts)
    -MoSlaanesh, Greatweapons, Musician+Bearer

-MoSlaan, Flails

-MoSlaan, Flails

5 x Warhounds (30pts)

5 x Warhounds (30pts)

5 x Knights (240pts)

5 x Knights (240pts)
    -MoSlaan, Musician+Bearer, Banner of Swiftness

Total: 2494pts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

looks good
    just a couple of sugestions:
    1) with the new ruls of casting spells have a level 4 and a lvl 2 with a spell familar is kind of pointless - u will only get on avarge 7 power dice and u have 7 spells to cast and with dispelling u will always use ur lvl 4, i wld take a level 1 wizard with a spell familiar (saves u 35 points)
    2) u can only have 1 arcane item per wizard - check ur lvl 4 i wld drop the power familiar and Necrotic Phylactery (35 points saved)
    3) warbanner is pointless - u will be hacking ur way threw anything and wont need the +1 combat res maybe take the armour piercing but if not the u have saved another 35 points
    4) Banner of swiftness is pointless as ur cav will be getting across the table in 2 turns anyway and i wld mabe put the banner of rage in 1 of ur warriors but thats just my preference (2 + 1 for 2HW +1 for frenzie +1 for supporting guy = 5 attacks each)

with all thies points spared u cld maybe squeeze in a unit of marauders or maybe run two units of 20
    or maybe a warshrine
    oh maybe look at putting ur lord and a seeker of slaanesh so u can run way from any flying unit - it can be quite funny when all u have to do is jump behind that dragon and he now cant charge u and i wld run him on his own incase he blows up killing half ur warriors with him

these are just my preferences though as i tend to take less magical items and more units - i look for what is not used alot and is only circumstantial and drop it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost done and ready for testing I think. Here is the edits I made to banners and such:

Sorcerer Lord (335pts)
    -Lvl 4, MoSlaanesh, Infernal Puppet, Slaansteed, Necrotic Phylactery

Sorcerer (135pts)
    -Third Eye, Spell Familiar, Lore of Shadows

Exalted Hero (210pts)
    -Axe of Khorne, Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Bloodcurdling Roar

Exalted BsB (205pts)
    -Stream of Corruption, Razor Standard, MoS

18 x Warriors (331pts)
    -MoSlaan, Extra Wpn., Musician+Bearer, Banner of Swiftness

18 x Warriors (349pts)
    -MoSlaan, Halberd, Shield, Musician+Bearer, Lichebone Banner

29 x Marauders (167pts)
    -MoSlaanesh, Greatweapons, Musician+Bearer

-MoSlaan, Flails

-MoSlaan, Flails

5 x Warhounds (30pts)

5 x Warhounds (30pts)

5 x Knights (275pts)

5 x Knights (250pts)
    -MoSlaan, Musician+Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame

Total: 2499pts

Had to drop 1 Marauder to pay for stuff, but thats fine. Put the Sorcerer on a Steed, gave the Exalted Hero a Bloodcurdling Roar for fun, and changed up unit banners. This is a little banner-heavy for me and I'll be trying some less elite builds for stuff as I go I think. Thanks for all help so far.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I disagree whole heartedly. Yes, the puppet is our best arcane item, but the power familiar comes in a close 2nd. With 2 wizards and the power familiar you're averaging 8.33 casting dice a phase. That's probably going to be double what your opponents can get for dispel. average roll of 4&3 gets you 8 dice and him 4. Power die generating items are king supreme during the magic phase.

I'd drop the spell familiar and add in the power familiar. This makes your lv1 a battery for your lv4. I'd drop the burning banner on your knights and use the points elsewhere.

I still think slaanesh magic is good. #2 spell was the best, now it just sucks unless you can catch people outside their BSB. The #1 spell is the only reliable way to march block people now.

I know its fluffy, but you can never lose frenzy with the rage banner, so the points for slaanesh on those knights will NEVER come into play, unless the banner gets vaul's unmakinged, which ironically happened to me last week.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

looks like a very strong list
    im not a fan of blood curdling roar but it can be very good against monsters
    i also think its a wee bit magical banner heavy but if u want a bit more of a fluffy army then it looks good, u cld dont some cool looking banners

the lore of slaanesh is still awsome but very underestimated esp the number 6 spell which with ur lvl 4 is cat on a 8+
    also we have alot of remains in play spells which the oponent will be forced to dispell - or u can just walk that giant unit of archers striaght into ur cav or mave that cannon so it cant shoot at our warriors

oh 1 more important thing give ur sorcer lord the charmed shield - ignores the 1st hit - so if he cast irrisistible force the S10 hit is ignored on a 2+

+ Reply to Thread