<3000 Fun Monstrous Horde List 2500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun Monstrous Horde List 2500

Galrauch
    Throgg

6 Trolls (+ Throgg)
    7 Trolls
    7 Trolls

3 Dragon Ogres
    3 Dragon Ogres

Hellcannon
    Hellcannon

Comes out to 2491

Another option would be to drop a Troll from a unit and turn both Hellcannons into Giants to get really themed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would this army just get smoked or would it be somewhat viable?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Looks fun! What equipment do the Dragon Ogres have? If you're not taking great weapons or additonal hand weapons I'd consider ditching them and making your troll units bigger. Trolls do the same job but are harder to kill.

I'd keep the Hell Cannons. They give some tactical flexibility at the very least Plus they're just as nasty in combat as a Giant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever considered playing Ogres ? Seriously though, this would be a blast to play I think. If you have the models for it you would totally enjoy the gaming. As for winning, I just don't know. On one hand that's a lot of high T wounds, 2 Hellcannons, and the Dragon special character is just mean ( stat line 666666666668 or some such and a lvl 4 wizard). On the other hand its not very much static combat res, leadership, or flexibility.

Have you thought of making it a "Monsters" list and adding smaller monsters like Warhounds for fodder? Also, you could convert up some characters other then the special ones and make them monsters. For example, an especially badass Juggernaught of Khorne could be an Exalted riding a juggernaught.

The only think your list lacks is variety and with some imagination you could easily bypass that. This is just what I'd do though, you might just be looking for an all Troll list. How about:

-Drop a Troll from every unit (3 units of 6 with the character)
    -Add 20 Hounds in various units

This would be sort of like the old Tyranid Nidzilla lists. Swarms of hounds and tons of big monsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by powerclaw View Post
    Ever considered playing Ogres ? Seriously though, this would be a blast to play I think. If you have the models for it you would totally enjoy the gaming. As for winning, I just don't know. On one hand that's a lot of high T wounds, 2 Hellcannons, and the Dragon special character is just mean ( stat line 666666666668 or some such and a lvl 4 wizard). On the other hand its not very much static combat res, leadership, or flexibility.

Have you thought of making it a "Monsters" list and adding smaller monsters like Warhounds for fodder? Also, you could convert up some characters other then the special ones and make them monsters. For example, an especially badass Juggernaught of Khorne could be an Exalted riding a juggernaught.

The only think your list lacks is variety and with some imagination you could easily bypass that. This is just what I'd do though, you might just be looking for an all Troll list. How about:

-Drop a Troll from every unit (3 units of 6 with the character)
    -Add 20 Hounds in various units

This would be sort of like the old Tyranid Nidzilla lists. Swarms of hounds and tons of big monsters.
    Thats an interesting thought. Dropping 3 Trolls along with the 9 points left over gets exactly 24 Warhounds (144 points). 3 units of 8 or 4 units of 6.

+ Reply to Thread