>3000 3k 8ed unbeaten Warriors of Chaos Army, 15 battles straight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k 8ed unbeaten Warriors of Chaos Army, 15 battles straight

Hey all, this is a Warriors of Chaos build i've been playing with for around 2 weeks, it won me 15 battles in a row, against empire, skaven, lizardmen, dark elves, other chaos warriors and dwarvs. Have a look, give it a go and tell me what you think

Characters:

- Lord on Barded steed, Mark of Tzeench , shield , Talisman of preservation , Runesword of Chaos, Soporiphic Musk = 373 pkt

- Sorcerer lvl 2 , Mark of Tzeench, enchanted shield , Infernal Puppet , conjoined homonoculus = 200 pkt

- Wulfric the Wonderer (185pkt)

- Exhaulted hero ) on a barded steed ,Mark of Tzeench) Battle standard bearer , Banner of Warding, shield = 213 pkt

Core:

- 23 Warriors, Mark of Khorne , Full command , Halberds, Shields = 451 pkt

- 23 Warriors, Mark of Khorne, Full command, Halberds , Shields = 451 pkt

- 79 Marauders, Mark of Khorne, Full command, Flails = 444pkt

Specials:

- 10 Chaos Knights , Mark of Tzeench, Full Command, Banner of Rage = 515 pkt

- Warshrine of Tzeench (150pkt)

Army Total 2996 pkt

The lord and the hero go in to the unit of knights, lord has 1+ armor and 3+ ward, hero has 1+ armor and 4+ ward against shooting, 6+ ward against everything else, unit of knights gets a +1 armor and 4+ ward against shooting, 6+ ward against everything else, everybody gets +1 attack for frenzy plus immune to psychology

sorceror goes in to one of the warrior units, gets a 2+ armor save a 6+ ward, warriors in both squads get +1 attack for frenzy and immune to psychology, 3+ armor save against shooting attacks, 4+ in combat

wulfric goes with the marauders and wrecks havoc in the enemy's rear or flank with str 5 hits

warshrine with a 4+ armor and 3+ ward, follows the knight, making them even more bent

Last edited by KhalamMekhar; July 25th, 2010 at 00:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

And these are reasons why we don't play special characters. Too easy to break games.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aaa, sorry then, didnt know there is something wrong in taking a character, you can drop wulfrik, and take another squad of 27 marauders with flails, that way you got your meat shield in the person of 106 marauders, that can still do some proper damage or get a second sorceror with a black tong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

And remove those points costs. It's okay to post a points total for a character or unit, but not individual points costs for detailed equipment.

is "pkt" supposed to meant points cost?
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

No, by all means keep playing special characters if your friends don't mind. My group and I don't play them, because generally they unbalance the game in some way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe sorry for the pkt, im polish and for some strange reason i had pkt (punkty=points) in my head ay mostly the people i play against dont mind characters, if they do i swap wulfric for a lvl 2 sorc with lore of shadow and some gear for the remaining points. Anything you guys would further change in that list to make it even better? money isnt a problem to get new models so its just a case of what to put in there and instead of what

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

Lv 2 can't take shadow. Unless your Mr. Wayne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinkus, since you've got a good bit of experiance, what changes would you make in this list? if i want to go shadow, maybe drop wulfric with 20 marauders, give me the points for a chaos sorc lord lvl 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkus View Post
    Lv 2 can't take shadow. Unless your Mr. Wayne.
    [IRONY]
    Still so funny.
    how does he do it?
    [/IRONY]
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't consider Wulfric (or most other special characters) to be broken. It's not like he's guaranteed to come on the board turn 1, it will quite often be turn 2 or as late as turn 3 and you don't get a charge the turn you come onto the board. If you want to play him, play him.

Back to the list, it's interesting but those are a lot of very big blocks. Only placing 4 units on the table at the start of a 3k point game I'd imagine it would be possible for a balanced army to feed your death stars one unit at a time and pick apart the worst threats.

Just my 2 cents though, gratz on your success with it so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast