<3000 Skullcrusher list (just for laughs 2500 pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Skullcrusher list (just for laughs 2500 pts)

Chaos Lord Fargah the Bloodied (Ride together with all Exalted Heroes in one unit called The Skullcrushers)
    + Mark of Khorne
    + Juggernaut
    + Axe of khorne
    + Collar of Khorne
    + Necrotic Phylactery
    355 pts

Exalted Hero Gornogh the Herald
    + Mark of Khorne
    + Juggernaut
    + Halberd
    + BSB
    + Blasted Standard
    244 pts

Exalted Hero Makhragg the Slaughterer
    + Mark of Khorne
    + Juggernaut
    + Halberd
    179pts

Exalted Hero Drakhoth the Lord of Wolves
    + Mark of Khorne
    + Juggernaut
    + Halberd
    179 pts

Chaos Warriors x 18
    Mark of Khorne
    Halberds
    shields
    336 pts

Chaos Warriors x 18
    Mark of Khorne
    Halberds
    shields
    336 pts

Chaos Warriors x 18
    Mark of Khorne
    Halberds
    shields
    336 pts

Chosen x 15
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Champion with Book of Secrets (Lore of Shadow)
    Standard bearer with Banner of Rage
    Shields
    405 pts

Warshrine
    130 pts

Grand Total:
    2500 pts

Last edited by Mr_Wayne; July 23rd, 2010 at 15:21.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

now i wonder where you got the inspiration for this one... ;-) did you see my 2000pts version on that thread? 80 something dogs with the 3 exalteds and 2 lords, then almost 100 maurauders just to stand there.

Anyone playing against these lists is just going to run and hide though... i mean... what can you do against a unit like these? although - rolling high on infernal gateway against it would be HILLARIOUS!

actually i've just had another look at the list... playing that in a tournament might win you a few games as they have no idea what to do against it, and there's quite alot of warriors and shrines around to support the 'super-uber-deathstar'. Nice list
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Inspiration for the list comes from the first 4 posts in the bloodcrusher thread that I started. if I took your advice i'd go with an eccessive amount of dogs and marauders located in a few units. Now i have 5 big killy units.

EDIT:
    I must say, in hindsight, that I was strongly inspired by The Brass Riders during the Slaughter at Volganof on page 454 in the rulebook.

As for tactics I would run two flanks.
    One flank with the Skullcrushers and the other flank with all the warriors. The warriors would create a wall through which no enemies can escape. Then the Skullcrushers will just ride through anything standing in their way.

Yeah, Pit of Shades, Purple Sun and Gateway are very real threats as I have over 900 points in one unit.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; July 23rd, 2010 at 14:47.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

you know thats what i like about the magic in 8th... you won't get any more ogre players that turn up to a 2250 tournament with 2 massive units that you can't touch and play for a draw so they win with the points adjustment.... because you can obliterate and entire unit and suddenly you've won by miles really balances out the game.

either those spells, or a rear charge with an okay unit might break them. Because say my 10 goblin wolf riders hit you in the rear (no idea how i got behind you!) then they're fighting against a rank of doggies, and if they kill them, then there's another rank of doggies. You get -2 for a rear charge, I get maybe 3 casualties and you score none, and I have one more rank as you don't get yours. so you aren't stubborn (I think) so you're taking a break test with LD3... it probably won't ever happen but you have to be careful because while those doggies soak up fire they can also do that to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I've removed the Warhounds and turned one unit of Warriors into Chosen. That way I can use the Book of secrets, thus gaining a sorcerer. I would use the Chosen with shields as a protective rearguard behind the Skullcrushers. The points were off on the warriors. I had forgotten to include the MoKs. All this also meant I had to remove a Warshrine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

i was going to say you could try shoehorning 5 knights into the list to be ablative armour for the heroes... but then again 200 points for 5 wounds is pretty steep! I can't really think of anythign else i'd add to this list... maybe a lack of anything flying might hurt against a gunline army, but you're never going to have a conquer all army so there has to be holes in it someplace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Lack of flying?
    chosen champion with steed of shadows? Nasty to put wings on one of those heroes..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

yes, but as its only a level 1 wizard, you only get one spell. therefore you only have a 1 in 6 chance of getting steed of shadows. You can't change any spell you generate for steed of shadows anymore as you have to swap them for the signature spell which is miasma. (also i'm not sure if you're allowed to move unit champions around with it... but thats me not knowing the rules, not it neccesarily being wrong :-P)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Silly me, Steed of Shadows isn't the Signature spell. It used to be the #1 spell that you could opt for in 7th, but alas no more.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

hence the comment about lack of flyers :-P hehe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast