<2000 2k WoC List. New to WFB, new to WoC, new to LO ! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k WoC List. New to WFB, new to WoC, new to LO !

Hi Everyone,

So I'm thinking about getting into WFB after having played 40k for years and years. After a lot of time on the GW website, I've settled on WoC (mostly because I like the models). I've read through the tactica forums here and on warseer, as well as the codex and rule book, and I've put together a 2k list that I hope is solid. My goal is to have a decent list in place before I start buying stuff, and toward that end I'm hoping you all can give me some input. Thanks and I look forward to reading your comments!

My goal with a WoC army is to make something competitive that doesn't have a ton of models. I hate painting hordes and hordes of dudes, so Marauders are basically out.

Chaos Army - 2004 pts

Lords & Heroes - 475
    Sorceror General- 235
    Sorc -
    Chariot -
    Dispell x 2 -

Exalted BSB - 240
    Exalted -
    MoT -
    BSB -
    Sword of Might -
    Shield
    Talisman of Endurance -
    Blasted Standard -

Core - 702
    Warriors - 354
    War x 19 -
    Shields -
    MoT -
    Musician
    Standard
    Champ

Warriors - 348
    War x 18 -
    Halberds -
    MoK -
    Musician
    Standard
    Champ

Special - 827
    Knights - 430
    Knights x 10 -
    MoK -

Chosen - 397
    Chosen x 18 -
    Halberds -
    Champ w/ Favor -
    MoK

Exalted goes with the MoT Warriors to create a really solid (I think) anvil. Chariot, Chosen, Knights and Blender Warriors butcher things. Sorceror is just a chump I need to dispell some stuff and gives me a cheap chariot. So what do you all think?

Last edited by Deff-Face; July 24th, 2010 at 23:26.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Looks like a Solid list to start off with. Welcome to the Forums by the way

Heroes:

Sorcerer: You can't take 2 dispel scrolls. You can only take 1 item from each section. So no 2 arcane items, 2 suits of armour etc. I'd also be a bit concerned about having your genera on a chariot. He screams "shoot me". Maybe grab him some extra protection like the Golden Eye of Tzeentch with points saved from the lost scroll.
    Another nasty little item for Scroll Caddies is the 3rd eye of Tzeentch. If you're up against a Level 4 you'll know all his spells. For a lowly level one it's an awesome upgrade.

BSB: First off you can't take a magic Banner AND magic items. It's either or with them. Simply chuck the Blasted Standard on the Unit he's going with and it'll all be legal. Otherwise it's a good set up.

Core:
    Tzeentch Warriors: Looking good. As I said put the Blasted Standard on these boys so your BSB is legal. Champions are expensive and I usually say drop 'em but they're handy to accept challenges to protect your BSB.

Khorne Warriors: Dump the Champion. You already have 15 thousand attacks. Paying 12 more for just 1 is a bit expensivve.

Special:

These look fine. Normally a Warrior unit can do what a Chosen unit can do for less points. They are very cool however and a little fun.

I would consider getting some hounds. At the moment a gunline list would have a field day blasting your expensive and slow warriors. Grabbing some cheapo hounds to act as screens and blockers would be very handy. You'd be suprised how useful such fast and cheap units can be. Stat wise they are rubbish but try them out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your feedback dude.

+ Reply to Thread