<3000 2500, First Attempt at WoC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500, First Attempt at WoC

I've always liked the appearence of nurgle armies, recently came across a WoC army that I plan on painting up nurgle. Here is the list I wanna build towards, lemme know what you think.

Lord
    Demon Prince of Nurgle, lvl 4, Tendrils, Diabolic Splendour

Hero
    Exalted Hero of Nurgle, BSB, Shield, Talisman of Preservation
    Exalted Hero of Nurgle, Demonic Steed, Shield, Ogre Blade

Core
    Warriors of Nurgle X 12, Extra HW, Full Command, Banner of Rage
    Warriors of Nurgle X 11, Shield, Full Command, Razor Standard
    Marauders of Nurgle X 20, Musician
    Warhounds X 5
    Warhounds X 5

Special
    Trolls X 6
    Knights of Nurgle X 5, Full Command, Blasted Standard

Rare
    Warshrine of Nurgle

I don't know what peoples feelings are like on Demon Princes, but some nurgle magic is great in close range, and they are no slouches in combat. In 8th I like running a lvl4 and a combat lord in my other armies, but cant really do that at 2500 in WoC, so this is a good option for my play style.

Cheers,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

My comments are in blue

Quote Originally Posted by Washout81 View Post
    Lord
    Demon Prince of Nurgle, lvl 4, Tendrils, Diabolic Splendour
    Looks good. I still think you could do better with a Lord and a Sorcerer Lord than a Prince bt hey, he's not bad. Good set up.

Hero
    Exalted Hero of Nurgle, BSB, Shield, Talisman of Preservation
    Looks good. Pretty surviveable. Rather than a normal shield. Go for a Charmed shield. same points but it has a special rule so there's no real reason not to.
    Exalted Hero of Nurgle, Demonic Steed, Shield, Ogre Blade
    Daemonic Steeds are a bit expesnive for what you get. I'd grab a normal Steed and save the points. You guy becomes harder to kill that way.

Core
    Warriors of Nurgle X 12, Extra HW, Full Command, Banner of Rage
    Warriors of Nurgle X 11, Shield, Full Command, Razor Standard
    Marauders of Nurgle X 20, Musician
    Warhounds X 5
    Warhounds X 5
    Core looks good. What are the plans for the Marauders? They look like they're just a body Guard for a Sorcerer (which you don;t have) so what's the plan? At the moment they're pretty useless without weapons or shields.

Special
    Trolls X 6
    Knights of Nurgle X 5, Full Command, Blasted Standard
    Good. I wouldn't bother with the Champion though. He's too many points.

Rare
    Warshrine of Nurgle

Cheers,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for info, forgot to post that the marauders have flails. Is HW/Shield a better option for them now?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ah no worries. Flails are alright. They can do a good amount of damage for their points. You can bump up their killiness by making them Khorne. you could even go the Greatweapon route but don't expect them to live long. Striking last, toughness 3 and no save is not a recipee for a long life. They're great for doing lots of damage to expensive enemy units like Sword Masters, you'll need a big unit to soak up wounds though. 20 is a bit low.

Or you could go Hand Weapon & Shield and give them the mark of Tzeentch so they get a 5+Ward in combat. They make excellent Tar pits against nasty things like Knights or Monsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a super-killy list. If you aren't dead-set on the Prince try Festus out. I hear he's pretty awesome in most ways. Only Lvl 2 though.

The Marauders are kind of at an in-between model-count that was good in 7th (I've got 20 myself which need to be remodeled now). I'd suggest bumping to 30 or splitting into 2 units of 10 with no command. There's a really interesting army list posted with a bunch of such 10-man units used for blocking enemy units and chipping away at them.

Let me know how the Trolls work out. I'd love to model some up.
    Last edited by powerclaw; August 12th, 2010 at 15:23.
    "She worked her toes into the sand, feeling the tiny delicious pain of the friction of tiny chips of silicon against the tender flesh between her toes. That's life. It hurts, it's dirty, and it feels very, very good." -Orson Scott Card

+ Reply to Thread