<3000 2300 - Tzeentch for 8th ed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

2300 - Tzeentch for 8th ed

G'day,

just after any pointers on my new list. Is the level 4 tzeentch worth it in 8th?

L – Sorcerer Lord
    level 4
    Tz
    Talisman of Preservation
    Enchanted Shield
    Earthing Rod

Exhalted BSB
    Tz
    BSB
    4+ Ward save armour (3+ with Tz)
    Shield

C – 30x Chaos Warriors
    Tz, Shield, F/C

C – 50x Chaos Marauders
    Tz, Great Weapon, F/C,

C – 15x Chaos Hounds

C – 15x Chaos Hounds

S – 7x Chaos Knights
    Tz, Standard, Muso, Banner of Rage

R - Hell Cannon

R – Warshrine
    Tz

TOTAL - 2290

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

put the blasted standard in ur warrior unit for a 4+ ward agaisnt shooting

put the chamed shield on ur sorcerer lord and the enchanted shield on ur BSB
    basicaly ur BSB shld be equiped with
    enchanted shield and a dawn stone then spend the other 20 points on whatever

40 marauders is prob enough but if u dont know what to spend 50 points on then yea just go with the 50 marauders but if u need to save points dont worry about droping some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Thanks for the reply

Blasted Standard looks like a good call - only need to find 35 odd points so no big deal.

I'm not sure what the Charmed Shield and Dawn Stone so, since I don't have my rule book on me at work, but I'll sus them out when I get home for sure - thanks for the advice I want the General to have solid protection though, becuase if he dies during a game that uses break points, I come very close to losing just from that....

50 marauders just looks like a good number to me. great Weapons keep them striking last, so the more the better I feel. I'm also factoring in a few dying to miscasts/IF from the Lord. That said, I need to play around with my list now, so maybe a cut to 45 is on the cards.

Cheers,

Tim
    Last edited by timk1111; August 18th, 2010 at 04:21.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

30 Chaos Warriors is a huge regiment. Split it down into regiments of 15-20. If you can drop Marauders, that would be the way to go.

50 Marauders is cool, but not with Great Weapons. You don't want to be using GWs that often in this edition, because initiative is everything. If you want S5 hits, use Chosen or Warriors with Halberds- they'll strike at Initiative. 50 Marauders make a decent tarpit or meatshield for your men, if you go with Shields, LA, and MoT.

Also, knock out your Earthing Rod for an Infernal Puppet. Trust me- it's worth it if you're worried about miscasts. There aren't too many results that we have to worry about (they're all harsh) and for 10pts more, you can guarantee that your result will be at least a little better (if you reroll and get the same result or worse, you're stuck). Better still, you can smash enemy wizards as well, whenever they slip up. It's awesome.

Try getting Standards and Musicians into your regiments as well. They will either negate enemy standards, or negate their charge, or just add insult to injury. Better yet, the musician gives you the option to Quick Reform, which is invaluable. If you plan on sticking a character into a regiment, make sure that you add a Champion to soak up those challenges. Your BSB isn't the hardest hitting guy on the table after all.

15 Hounds is quite a lot. If you're thinking of using them to negate flanks, think again. You'll score +1 for a Charge, +1 for Flank, and as long as he kills less than 6 of them, you'll negate his ranks (+3 at most). That's a total of +5 for the turn that they hit, but this is going to go way down when he starts killing hounds. You'll never get rid of Stubborn if he has more ranks. Hounds are good for screening, and for charging into enemy missile regiments to keep them from shooting for a turn. A lot of people really hate and fear seeing 3-6 regiments of Hounds marching towards them on turn 1 and getting within easy striking distance of their artillery or missile regiments. The hounds won't win, if they even survive the incoming shooting, but those are bullets that aren't smacking through a Warrior's forehead instead.

The list is good, the ideas are all there- MoT&Shield, BSB, Hellcannon- it's all good. The sticking points are just minor changes and few units being split up. Trust me- WoC armies don't need the Horde rule to start piling up bodies. And who cares if the enemy is stubborn? That's just one more turn we get to lop off some heads.
    Last edited by CaptainSarathai; August 18th, 2010 at 04:29.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Good stuff there Captain, thankyou!

To be honest, the Warriors were originally 24 strong, but I needed to spend 100 points somewhere!

You've given me some great stuff to think about, esp with regards to the hounds. I'll re-jig a new list and post it up as soon as I'm home!

Cheers,
    Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Once thing as well Captain, by 'FC' I mean Full Command, so most of my units have standard, muso and champ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Ok, I've re done the list, but thought I'd make some comments first about what you've said, Captain:

-I'm going to leave the Warriors at 30 strong, and I then have the option of splitting them up in two units later on if I like. Running such small units worries me a little, because of the 'step up' rule. I plan to run these guys 6 wide anyway.

-I've heard from other people the Great Weapons on Marauders are devastating and I want to try it out. Thing is, because of the 'step up' rule, initiative isn't everything at all if the unit if big enough. I'd agree if the unit was only 25-30 strong, LA/SH all the way.

I love the idea of lots of small units of hounds rushing the enemy's soft targets. Very 'houndy' if that's a word.

Anyway, here's the list, changes in BOLD:

L - Sorcerer Lord (with Marauders)
    Tzeentch, Level 4, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Infernal Puppet, Iron Curse Icon

H - Exhalted BSB (With Warriors)
    Tzeentch, BSB, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Potion of Speed

C - 30x Chaos Warriors
    Tzeentch, Shield, Full Command, Blasted Standard

C - 50x Marauders
    Tzeentch, Great Weapon, Full Command

Cx5 - 5x5 Chaos Hounds

S - 7x Chaos Knights
    Tzeentch, Standard, Musician, Banner of Rage

R - Warshrine
    Tzeentch

R - Hellcannon

TOTAL - 2295

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Captain Sarathai said, I repeat the same: 30 warriors dont't worth it.
    Change Dawning Stone+Potion for Talisman of Endurance on your BSB.
    Change MoTz for MoK in your marauders.
    These are the main changes I would do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenphaisan View Post
    As Captain Sarathai said, I repeat the same: 30 warriors dont't worth it.
    Change Dawning Stone+Potion for Talisman of Endurance on your BSB.
    Change MoTz for MoK in your marauders.
    These are the main changes I would do.
    Well, I might have to nut something out with the Warriors then. I'm thinking 2 units of 18? I'll give this a go and play around with it. The Warriors aren't exactly wasted, just down to play testing now.

Talisman of Endurance looks interesting - 2+ armour and 4+ ward vs 2+ armour, re-rollable then 5+ parry. Much of a muchness I think....

MOK on the Marauders doesn't fit the theme Steadfast or not, they only need to lose 1 round and the Frenzy is gone anyway. At least they get a 5+ ward vs war machines too.

Thanks for the tips

Tim

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Long time no speak Tim. hope things are well. My comments are in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by timk1111 View Post

L - Sorcerer Lord (with Marauders)
    Tzeentch, Level 4, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Infernal Puppet, Iron Curse Icon
    He looks good. The Infernal puppet is an absolutely awesome item in this edition.

H - Exhalted BSB (With Warriors)
    Tzeentch, BSB, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Potion of Speed
    If you take a Magical shield you’ll loose your Parry Ward save so no 5+Ward for you. Rather than take the enchanted shield take the Dragon Helm and a mundane shield. You’ll get a 2+ Sv, keep your 5+ Ward and get a 2+Ward Vs and Fire attacks. Same price too.

C - 30x Chaos Warriors
    Tzeentch, Shield, Full Command, Blasted Standard
    Aye I’d split these boys into 2 units. This is just a fire magnet and will attract every spell, shell, bullet and shoe in the enemy army. Having 2 units will also give you a bit more flexibility with your army.

C - 50x Marauders
    Tzeentch, Great Weapon, Full Command

Cx5 - 5x5 Chaos Hounds
    Only 25?

S - 7x Chaos Knights
    Tzeentch, Standard, Musician, Banner of Rage

R - Warshrine
    Tzeentch
    While fluffy I don’t think the +1 Ward is worth it on this boy. If you need extra points then take off the Mark. He’s already Toughness 6.

R - Hellcannon

TOTAL - 2295

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast