<2000 2k friendly army.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k friendly army..

I have a Battle comming this weekend with a friend of mine, but still want a nice armylist as the score is 1-1 between me and him atm so any comments are welcome.

Lord:

Daemon prince.
    W. MoT, word of agony, fury of the blood god, diabolic splendour. 410.

Hero:

Chaos sorcerer.
    MoT, Power familar, book of scerets. 190.

Exhalted hero on juggernaut of khorne.
    Mok, add hand weapon, chaos runesword. 229.

Core:

6 warhounds of chaos. 36.

21 Chaos warriors.
    MoT, shields, full command, wailing banner. 516.

10 marauders. 40.

Special:

3 Chaos trolls. 135.

Rare:

Chaos spawn. 55.

Chaos spawn. 55.

Chaos giant.
    MoS. 265.

Total: 2003.

Mainly made this list in order to make it fun to play, as i just love giants, daemon lords and spawns once the battle is rolling.

Wuld be nice with some comments on how to make this army more streamlike and yet still fun to play.

Thx Jokerhannes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgot to add a level to the mage... but he is level 2.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

My Comments are in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerhannes View Post
    Lord:
    Daemon prince.
    W. MoT, word of agony, fury of the blood god, diabolic splendour. 410.
    To be honest you might be better off with just a Chaos Lord on Disc. You can make him tougher and killier than a Daemon prince for Cheaper.
    You could grab a Lord the Helm of Command, Talisman of Preservation, Halberd, Disc and he'd be able to do exactly what your Prince would but he'd be about 100pts cheaper and be tougher and killier.
    If you like your prince go forhim though. He's not bad, just expensive for what he does.

Hero:

Chaos sorcerer.
    MoT, Power familar, book of scerets. 190.
    The book of Secrets 'makes' your Character into a Level 1 Sorcerer. If he's already sorcerer he still becomes a Level 1. If you've not seen the FAQ here' a link Warhammer Frequently Asked Questions: Page 2 | Games Workshop

Exhalted hero on juggernaut of khorne.
    Mok, add hand weapon, chaos runesword. 229.
    You can't combine an additional hand weapon with a Magic weapon for +1 Attack. You can't use 2 hand weapons on a mount anyway. Otherwise he's alright.

Core:

21 Chaos warriors.
    MoT, shields, full command, wailing banner. 516.
    Terror isn't amazing to be honest. It used to be amazing but now it's just a bit lackluster. Consider a different banner. The Blasted Standard would be handy if you're up against a shooty army.
    Also if you need points consider dropping this unit to 18. That should be enough to ruin most peoples day.

10 marauders. 40.
    Just a screen for the warriors? Consider giving them flails anyway. you never know they might get the change to smack something.

Special:

3 Chaos trolls. 135.

Rare:

Chaos spawn. 55.

Chaos spawn. 55.

Chaos giant.
    MoS. 265.

Total: 2003.

Mainly made this list in order to make it fun to play, as i just love giants, daemon lords and spawns once the battle is rolling.

Wuld be nice with some comments on how to make this army more streamlike and yet still fun to play.

Thx Jokerhannes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for the info and tips

ill get back to remaking the list right away..

tho the daemon prince is staying as i simply love the model and really want to play him, even tho the cost is against me... the terror rule has been nerfed yes but the high movement and terror on this guy makes him nasty as hell still, the new terror rule is to roll terror test when charge is declared and not when moved so i can fly around at max chargerange and make fake charges to make the other guys take ld tests at random (well thats the plan) was thinking about perhaps giving the sorc terror aswell and put him on a disc so i have 2 flyers with terror running around. culd actually win the game within turn 1 or 2 as all hes guys (if unlucky) runs off the board, and playing vs DE with average ld8

But thx again for the tips, I will look at the rooster and you're inputs on what i can do different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you missed the point of the comment about terror - I think Borak was suggesting that the Wailing Banner doesn't add as much to your unit of Warriors as you might think. There are other banners that would add more (such as the Blasted Standard if you are facing a shooty army). And dropping the unit size to 18 would allow you to flail up your marauders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, yeah missed out on that one m8, thx. will reconsider what banner i use, and yeah blasted might be a good option as those repeater's is a royal pain in the butt

Thx for clearing it out, as im abit slow from time to time (me <--- newbie)

+ Reply to Thread