<3000 2000pts Warriors of Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

2000pts Warriors of Chaos

Quick 2000pts for pick up games. I've gone for resilience this time with a solid core of units that my opponents will find hard to crack.

Chaos Lord - Filth mace, Chaos armour, Enchanted shield, Stream of Corruption. 280

Exalted Hero - Mark of Khorne, Handweapon, Chaos armour, Battle standard, Juggernaut of Khorne. 190

Chaos Sorcerer - Mark of Tzeench, Handweapon, Chaos armour, Extra level, Barded chaos steed. 156

20 Chaos Warriors - Mark of Tzeench, Handweapons, Chaos armour, Shields, Full command. 370

39 Marauders - Mark of Khorne, Greatweapons, Light armour, Full command. 289

5 Marauder horsemen - Handweapons, Shields, Musician, Rides warhorses. 76

5 Chaos hounds -. 30

10 Chaos knights - Mark of Slaanesh, Enscorcelled handweapons, Chaos armour, Shields, Full command with Rapturous Standard. 475

Chaos Spawn -. 55

1997pts

The chaos lord will lead the marauders, once he gets into combat he is guaranteed to kill something and once he does he causes terror and fear which helps a lot. The battle standard bearer of khorne will lead the chaos warriors increasing their combat effectiveness and allowing the unit to cause fear.
    The chaos knights are a real bunker in their own right, two strength 5 attacks each, a 1+ save, cause fear, immune to psychology and the effects of the Rapturous Standard. They will be hard to shift.
    The hounds, spawn and the marauder horsemen are essentially expendable and are there to ensure the maruaders, chaos warriors and chaos knights reach combat and then ensure they do not get flanked.

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; August 27th, 2010 at 20:07.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in blue dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post

Chaos Lord - Filth mace, Chaos armour, Enchanted shield, Stream of Corruption. 280
    Does this guy even need to be a Lord? All these items will fit onto a Hero and he'll be just as nasty. Filth mace is 'ok' but Terror isn't amazing. You could just go for the Screeching blade and get Fear for only 10pts. Personally though, I'd go for a Weapon that will actually help you kill things. Sword of Might, Axe of Khorne and so forth are good examples. I know it sounds odd, but he's actually pretty vulnerable. a 2+ Save isn't much to talk about. Consider a cheap Ward save like Tali of Endurance and bump it up with the MoT.

Exalted Hero - Mark of Khorne, Handweapon, Chaos armour, Battle standard, Juggernaut of Khorne. 190
    Looks good. Consider the Charmed shield for a cheap 5pts. It will save this guy from a Cannon Ball shot to the face. You know Monstrous Cav can be picked out in a unit right?

Chaos Sorcerer - Mark of Tzeench, Handweapon, Chaos armour, Extra level, Barded chaos steed. 156

20 Chaos Warriors - Mark of Tzeench, Handweapons, Chaos armour, Shields, Full command. 370
    Consider the Blasted Standard. This unit is going to be shouting "shoot me cannons!".

39 Marauders - Mark of Khorne, Greatweapons, Light armour, Full command. 289
    That's alot of Madmen.

Grab Spears for these boys, or go for Flails and Light armour instead of shields.

5 Chaos hounds -. 30

10 Chaos knights - Mark of Slaanesh, Enscorcelled handweapons, Chaos armour, Shields, Full command with Rapturous Standard. 475
    Why Mark of Slaanesh? You already cause fear and you get to re-roll Panic tests. If you don't put the Blasted Standard on the Warriors grab it on these boys. Any army with artillary or a decent amount of shooting is going to give these guys mery hell.

Chaos Spawn -. 55
    He's useful and cool but I'd ditch him to get that banner on one of your units.

1997pts

JvK
    Last edited by Lord Borak; August 27th, 2010 at 23:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i aggree with borak. i have oen question whihcu nit is your sorcerer going in, if he isnt in one he will die if hes in the knights then lose one and give them the blasted standed as he needs to survive other wise your at the mercy of mages as 6 dispell dice max isnt much

+ Reply to Thread