<3000 WoC 3k competative - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoC 3k competative

hi guys i've got a list here that i want people to help me with I think it could work and would like some input anyone, let me know what you would do, what you think i'm doing right and wrong etc. So here goes...

Lords - 715

Chaos Lord - MoK, Axe of Khorne, Chaos Runeshield, Favour of the Gods - 325

Sorcerer Lord - Lvl 4, MoT, Talisman of Endurance, Book of Ashur - 390

Heroes - 400

Exalted Hero - MoK, BSB, Chaos Runesword, Shield - 205

Chaos Sorcerer - Lvl 2, MoN, Infernal Puppet, Conjoined Homunculus - 195

Core - 1090

20 Chaos Warriors - MoK, Add. HW, Command - 380
    20 Chaos Warriors - MoT, Shields, Command, Blasted Standard - 410
    20 Marauders - MoK, Flails, Command - 150

Special - 585

5 Knights - MoN, Command - 280
    5 Knights - MoK, Lances, Command - 305

Rare - 130

Warshrine - 130

Total - 2920

So i have 80 points spare any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

6th Ed record w/d/l
    CSM - 3/1/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Lances are a waste.... and not all of your units need full command. I think I will let Lord Borak expand on these topics as I entrust him to critiquing my list...
    5000 pts of WoC, 5000 pts of Orcs and now 3000 pts of Ogres...What was I thinking ????

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in blue
    Quote Originally Posted by El_train View Post

Lords - 715

Looks good to me. Personally I prefer builds that make Lords unkillable but this guy is fairly killy and I suppose if the enemy is dead then they can't attack so hey hum.

Looks good. +6/5 is pretty horrid.

Heroes - 400

Exalted Hero - MoK, BSB, Chaos Runesword, Shield - 205
    For your BSB I'd make him hard to kill rather than killy. BSBs are number 1 on the enemy 'hit list' so I'd grab this guy Tzeentch and Talisman of Preservation. You can add to this with the Charmed shield to make him pretty much unkillable, or give him a halberd to make him killy.

Does he need to be Level 2?

Core - 1090

20 Chaos Warriors - MoK, Add. HW, Command - 380
    I'd take these guys with a 6 frontage and 3 deep. You put out more attacks to compensate the lack of a rank. It'll save you points too. Also ditch the Champion. It ain't worth it.
    20 Chaos Warriors - MoT, Shields, Command, Blasted Standard - 410
    Again, Ditch the Champion
    Again, Ditch the Champions

Special - 585

5 Knights - MoN, Command - 280
    Ditch the Champions. 20pts is stupidly expensive for 1 extra attack. You could buy half a knight with that!
    5 Knights - MoK, Lances, Command - 305
    As above and ditch the lances. With the new Steadfast rules most people wont be breaking from charges anymore. Knights need to be able to win in the second or even 3rd rounds of combat. Lances don't work in wars of attrition. Keep the magical weapons.

Rare - 130

Warshrine - 130

Total - 2920

So i have 80 points spare any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    I would bulk out the Marauder units. With the points saved from all those unit champions I'd make the Knight units 6 strong and then use the left over points to make the Marauder units even bigger!

Cheers

EDIT: lol Chaos Warrior you snuck in whilst I was typing.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; September 4th, 2010 at 00:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the critics guys, i was also thinking of throwing some warhounds in there at 30pts for 5 i think they would be good screening units and maybe even use them for a cheeky flank or rear
    6th Ed record w/d/l
    CSM - 3/1/1

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by El_train View Post
    Thanks for the critics guys, i was also thinking of throwing some warhounds in there at 30pts for 5 i think they would be good screening units and maybe even use them for a cheeky flank or rear
    Aye, Warhounds are awesome. I've got 30 (or 35) in my 3k list and I've just got so used to having them I can't really live without them. They're perfect screens can just saturate part of the board near an expensive killy enemy unit that it will take them out for most of the game.
    What I like doing is placing them in front of hardcore enemy units This way they either have to negotiate around them, which slows them down, or Charge them, in which case they flee. Do this for a few turns and that can make a big difference to how the game turns out if it's a nasty unit like 8 Minotaurs.

As for cheeky Flank charges, be careful. Hounds die easy and you might be giving you enemy more kills than you get bonus for Flank/Rear. Plus you have to have a whole rank to ignore Flanks so you'll need a good unit of 15 to do a decent job at Flanking. While still cheap it's a BIG unit and is hard to manoeuvre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after the comments and a bit of time to sort the list out this is how its looking now, if there is anythin else you would suggest just let me know

Lords - 715

Heroes - 390

Exalted Hero - Battle Standard Bearer, MoT, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield - 195

Core - 1238

18 Chaos Warriors - MoK, Add. HW, Musician, Standard Bearer - 336
    20 Chaos Warriors - MoT, Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer, Blasted Standard - 398
    30 Marauders - MoK, Flails, Musician, Standard Bearer - 192
    30 Marauders - MoK, Flails, Musician, Standard Bearer - 192
    4x 5 warhounds - 30 each - 120

Special - 520

5 Knights - MoN, Musician, Standard Bearer - 260
    5 Knights - MoK, Musician, Standard Bearer - 260

Rare - 130

Warshrine - 130

Total - 2993
    6th Ed record w/d/l
    CSM - 3/1/1

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Looks good mate, reeeeeal good.

Which units are the characters going in by the way? If the Khorne Lord is going in the Khorne unit ditch both marks and grab the unit the Rage Banner. It's like a big happy generous Mark of Khorne for everyone. This should save you an impressive 10pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I havent really thought much about where the characters are going but thats a really good idea, i was originally gonna put that banner on the nurgle knights, i was also considering the razor standard on the khorne warriors. from the heavy hitters like ogres and things what would you recommend? ive been thinking about getting some in there at some point. and also are there any good threads i should read about marauder horsemen?
    6th Ed record w/d/l
    CSM - 3/1/1

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye there's a Thread about Marauder Horsemen in the Main Warriors thread. Should be loads of good advice in there.

The Razor Standard is cool but it's not cheap. You'll have to decrease the size of your units to fit it in so it's up to you whether you think it's worth it. I think 30 Attacks at str4 should cause enough wounds to get through most saves. Even Empire Knights will be taking around 15 saves. Plus what the Lord does to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i found the horseman thread minutes after i posted on here lol it looks as though there is still alot of mixed feelings with these guys so i'll probably just leave it for a bit of experimentation sometime. anyway thank you for all the helpful tips etc should hopefully help me alot, my main opposition is likely to be orcs, empire and beastmen
    6th Ed record w/d/l
    CSM - 3/1/1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast