<2000 Reavers of Malice - Malal themed army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    132 (x2)

Reavers of Malice - Malal themed army

I've got 1000pts Malal themed WoC force, expanding to 2000. Any marks taken are purely for the rules ie. MoK to represent a fanatical frenzy & MoT to represent well.... a ward save just like any other. Criticism would be most appreciated

Chaos Lord [former warrior priest, turned to fight chaos with chaos, blind to the price he has already paid]
    Fencers blades
    Armour of Damnation
    5++ from common magic items list [cant remember its name ]
    stream of corruption
    (340pts)
    [he is so frustratingly hard to hit XD]

29 Marauders [my Lords congregation, whipped up into a fanatical frenzy]
    Flails
    Mark of Khorne
    Standard Bearer & Musician
    (187pts)
    [I love reforming to 3 ranks of 10 for combat giveing eack man in BtB 4 attacks >]

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level 2
    Spell Familiar
    Favour of The Gods
    (140pts)

17 Chaos Warriors [Sorcerer goes here]
    Shields
    Mark of Tzeentch
    (310pts)

5 Chaos Knights [no longer charge->kill->win->overrun shock troops using smaller groups as flanking units]
    Standard Bearer & Musician (........... is it advisable to drop these for MoK?)
    (330pts)

5 Chaos Knights
    Standard Bearer & Musician (............ please someone tell me to swap out for MoK!!!!)
    (330pts)

20 Chaos Warhounds [split down into smaller groups to cover infantry advance and to shiit-up missile troops]
    (xxxpts)

Chaos Giant [I regularly face a stream tank..... not for long >]
    (xxxpts)

Chaos Warshrine
    (xxxpts)

5 Marauder Horsemen [good for hunting warmachines in smaller games.... this unit feels a bit redundant now, whats the verdict here?]
    Throwing Axes
    Shields
    Musician
    (86pts)

Last edited by CaptainSarathai; September 9th, 2010 at 21:32. Reason: dropping Pts costs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
    I've got 1000pts Malal themed WoC force, expanding to 2000. Any marks taken are purely for the rules ie. MoK to represent a fanatical frenzy & MoT to represent well.... a ward save just like any other. Criticism would be most appreciated

Chaos Lord [former warrior priest, turned to fight chaos with chaos, blind to the price he has already paid]
    Fencers blades
    Armour of Damnation
    5++ from common magic items list [cant remember its name ]
    stream of corruption
    Looks good to me. Being hard to hit with Chaos, isn't quite as good as hitting hard with Chaos, but I can understand throwing lots of protection on a general. Maybe give him MoT, to turn that 5++ to a 4++?

29 Marauders [my Lords congregation, whipped up into a fanatical frenzy]
    Flails
    Mark of Khorne
    Remember that if your Lord joins these guys, he's going to be running right into combat alongside them, even though MoK won't give him Frenzy. You can't duck out of a charge.

Chaos Sorcerer
    Level 2
    Spell Familiar
    Favour of The Gods
    Looks solid, but I'd get rid of the Favor. He won't be racking up very many EoTG rolls, and even if he does, the only one you don't want is Stupididy

17 Chaos Warriors [Sorcerer goes here]
    Shields
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Definitely the best fighters you have. Are you sure you want to throw the Sorcerer in here? These are the guys who should be going after big nasties, since you lack Chosen. If the Sorcerer really IS going to stay here, I'd be looking for a Champion to take care of any messy challenges.

5 Chaos Knights [no longer charge->kill->win->overrun shock troops using smaller groups as flanking units] No, they still are

5 Chaos Knights
    You could give them MoK, but personally I'd consolidate the two regiments into one regiment of 10, and give them the Blasted Standard and MoT. Or even just use the points you save from having to drop a command and mark all 10 of them with Khorne. They're a nightmare, believe me.

20 Chaos Warhounds
    Can never have enough Warhounds. Remember that they don't screen an advance as well anymore because they're so short, most people can see right over them.

Chaos Giant
    A STank or any Empire player is going to shoot this guy to death. Why not go for a HellCannon (also awesome in combat) or a regiment of D.Ogres or the likes? They'll hold up a lot better against cannonballs than this poor gent.

Chaos Warshrine
    No complaints.

5 Marauder HorsemenThrowing Axes
    Shields
    Musician
    With MoK and Flails, these guys are great at 2nd turn Character-killing. They usually don't survive the mission, but if you can lose ~100pts to kill a 200pt enemy Caster and save yourself 200+pts of casualties over the course of the game, they've more than made their points back. But, as you said, with Hounds to tie up missile weapons, and Knights to smash flanks or just gun up the center, M.Horsemen are a bit redundant.
    I like the list overall, but it feels like you lack any solid punch. Consolidating those Knights would go a long way towards fixing this, and I would even suggest dropping 1 of them, and those M.Horsemen, for a chance at picking up a Battle Standard Bearer to hop into the unit. That's the real downfall to our Warriors, especially when the over-extend and get away from the general- we're only Ld8. That's not bad, but it's not what you expect when you lose combat.

Malal is awesome by the way. Your fluff seems cool too, although Malal's warriors rarely congregated into a large army. Any pictures you could toss up in the painting section?
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    132 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    Malal is awesome by the way. Your fluff seems cool too, although Malal's warriors rarely congregated into a large army. Any pictures you could toss up in the painting section?
    I did some hard brain squeezing to get round that, but the answer was nice and simple. My fluff is that my Lord is the follower of Malal, all others are simply his followers that he has bent to his will [many believing they are serving the great4 whilst others blindly believe they are devout Sigmarites], soon to be themselves, destroyed Mwahaha! I think it's the anti-hero aspect that attracted me so much [thinking about it, Kaleb Daark's symbol was so close to The Punishers XD]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    Are you sure you want to throw the Sorcerer in here?
    not ideal i know, but he has to go somewhere and given the options, my lords best for throwing into the fight asap with the flailies where as the better armoured warriors are okay out of combat for a few turns

I think I'll defo take the hell cannon over the giant, it's tougher, better armoured and cheaper. Thinking about it, the HC can spank from turn 1 whereas the giant needs to do a whole lot of moving before the the spank commences. And combining knights aswell drops 50pts, dropping 1 and the banner totals 120... mara horsemen totals 206, more than enough for a mounted bsb.

Thanks mate, that was great.

I'll get some phots up as soon as I get a decent camera that works, hopefully next week
    Last edited by Davidian; September 9th, 2010 at 23:20. Reason: mi spalling is hurendiouse XD

+ Reply to Thread