<3000 My first all Cav 8th edition list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

My first all Cav 8th edition list

Unnamed2500 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Army

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch @ 385.0 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; General; Shield
    Biting Blade
    Dragonhelm
    Talisman of Preservation
    Crown of Command
    Soporific Musk
    Stream of Corruption
    Disc of Tzeentch
    All around badass. He's got a 1+ armor and 3+ ward and is stubborn. I'll throw him into units that I need to just hold up indefinitely and watch him win sooner or later.

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 215.0 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Halberd; Battle Standard;
    Talisman of Endurance
    Spellshield
    Barded Chaos Steed
    4+ ward and MR1. Helps the nights out a little. Obviously can't use the shield in combat, but its the best way to give the knights the MR.

Exalted Hero of Slaanesh @ 195.0 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Shield
    Chaos Runesword
    Steed of Slaanesh
    Goes with 1 horsemen unit. I figure his 5 str 6 attacks will light up anything that unit touches. Downfall is only a 2+ armor save, but he costs only 195 points.

Chaos Sorcerer of Slaanesh @ 215.0 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2;
    Third Eye of Tzeentch
    Ruby Ring of Ruin
    Spell Familiar
    Steed of Slaanesh
    Goes with other horsemen unit. Gave him enough tools to use up any amount of casting dice. Sad, I couldn't fit the puppet into this army, but for only having 1 caster, I think I'm pretty versatile.

14 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 264.0 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Light Armour; Standard; Musician
    Chieftain
    With either a sorcerer of exalted in this unit, it becomes a pretty nice little err... big unit.

14 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 252.0 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Light Armour; Standard; Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne @ 116.0 Pts
    Mark of Khorne; Flail; Light Armour; Musician
    Haven't tried cruise missiles out this edition. These two units fill out my core and add more hitting power.

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne @ 110.0 Pts
    Mark of Khorne; Flail; Light Armour

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

6 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch @ 350.0 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Ensorcelled Weapons;
    Standard; Musician
    Blasted Standard
    Champion
    With the BSB in this unit it really becomes my only battle line unit. Everything else has vanguard or flies or is support. But that's fine. This unit always does good for me.

1 Hellcannon
    As always

1 Chaos Warshrine
    As always
    Total Army Cost: 2497.0

The concept of this army is to overwhelm my opponent. I have 4 vanguard units and a massive knight unit. With a good chance to get the frenzy spell, I can pick and choose which units to frenzy, like the knights, when I want to. With fast cav and vanguard being all over the place and the ability of slaanesh to manipulate his movement phase, this army will most likely win or lose during the movement phase. All it takes is to get 1 unit out of position and get a nasty flank in to win a game.

With all that in mind, anyone see any good places to enhance this army? I'm so tempted to play it tonight, but I think I'll play my standard list since I added chosen and haven't played it yet with the chosen. Maybe I'll take both lists and decide later.

US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I like to have my Cavalry in groups of at least 6 in order to maximize the number of attacks I have against my enemies. You know they will probably have more ranks and models than you, you need all the wounds that you can dish out.....
    5000 pts of WoC, 5000 pts of Orcs and now 3000 pts of Ogres...What was I thinking ????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considered fury of the blood good and maybe a second group of knights?

Do you really need a BSB for this list? The troops will be split up from quite early in the game, and since nearly everyone is immune to psych and has will of chaos there won't be a huge call for rerolling leadership. Or is it literally to prevent your Knights from being broken?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of confused by the warshrine, its great in combat but with such a fast moving force its unlikely to get any action. So it would seem you are then paying allot of points for a roll on the EofTG table.

Id be tempted to replace it with a chariot to keep up with the force.

I feel the same way about the hellcannon, some dragon ogres or a shaggoth would fit better with this fast moving force, the cannon either wont keep up or will only be able to fire a few times.
    Last edited by ladrial; October 20th, 2010 at 16:03.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Actually, a chariot can't march and a warshrine can, so it'll move faster, only thing a chariot has is swiftstride which on average adds only an inch or 2 to a charge.

But how I play the warshrine is as a supporting unit. Yeah, he'll lumber behind the rest of my army, but on the turn after I charge he can be where I need him to be to charge into a combat that needs help.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

+ Reply to Thread