<1000 1000 WoC Beginner, feedback please! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

1000 WoC Beginner, feedback please!

Ok here´s what i thought up, since I bought the starting box. (played WoC like 5th ed, so rookie now)

Hero

Wizard Lvl 2 (shadow), Fury of the blood god, Chaos Steed (Barbed)
    161points

Core

18 WoC, MoT, Shields, Musician, Banner
    326 points

20 Marauders, Shields, LA, MoT, Musician, Banner, Chieftain
    160 points

5 Warhounds
    30 points

5 Warhounds
    30 points

Rare
    5 Chaos Knights, Musician, Blasted Standard, MoT
    290 points

995 Points

So the idea is to have the wizard with the knights for starters, providing them some extra protection to them and him self. Then start cursing as much as possible, supporting the rest units.
    Hounds shields for the rest.

So how does it look? Anything to much or something I really need to get in here in the 1k army? I will most likely be facing vampire, empire and dark elves.

Jim

Last edited by Padea; October 9th, 2010 at 13:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

First off, your Wizard can't have Lore of Shadows - only a Sorcerer Lord or Daemon Prince can take that. A common Sorcerer has to choose between Death, Fire or any of the Lores of Chaos corresponding to his Mark. If you really want Shadow, you can take an Exalted Hero or a Chaos Lord with Book of Secrets. But then, Lore of Death should serve you very well in any list without low Initiative monsters. If you can spare the points, the Spell Familiar is a fantastic little item, and so is the Charmed Shield!

Consider your Knights for a moment. 200 of those points are models, 90 of them are just upgrades. I personally wouldn't spend that much just to keep them alive - better to add two extra knights in there for the points. Or even better, use the points for something else, because they take up almost a third of your army right now. If I were you I'd run them naked 5. If you want, throw in a Mark of Khorne on them. Using these points, you can buy more marauders, because if you want to use them as a tar pit they need more numbers right now. I'd go for a unit of 30 instead.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    First off, your Wizard can't have Lore of Shadows - only a Sorcerer Lord or Daemon Prince can take that. A common Sorcerer has to choose between Death, Fire or any of the Lores of Chaos corresponding to his Mark. If you really want Shadow, you can take an Exalted Hero or a Chaos Lord with Book of Secrets. But then, Lore of Death should serve you very well in any list without low Initiative monsters. If you can spare the points, the Spell Familiar is a fantastic little item, and so is the Charmed Shield!

Consider your Knights for a moment. 200 of those points are models, 90 of them are just upgrades. I personally wouldn't spend that much just to keep them alive - better to add two extra knights in there for the points. Or even better, use the points for something else, because they take up almost a third of your army right now. If I were you I'd run them naked 5. If you want, throw in a Mark of Khorne on them. Using these points, you can buy more marauders, because if you want to use them as a tar pit they need more numbers right now. I'd go for a unit of 30 instead.

Ah, thanks! missed that totally, lol.. Ill check the other lores out then.
    Hm.. can you really equip spell familiar and charmed shield (same as enchanted?) If you have fury of the blood god? I thought you where restricted to only that item from the gifts?

Hm, true ill try rework it. Might be better with knights with only MoK in this small battle. Yeah I might try that out!

Thanks!

Rework:

Hero

Wizard Lvl 2 (Death), Collar of Khorne, Spell Familiar, Chaos Steed (Barbed)
    176 points

Core

16 WoC, MoT, Shields, Halberds, Musician, Banner
    310 points

30 Marauders, Shields, LA, MoT, Musician, Banner
    212 points

6 Warhounds
    36 points

6 Warhounds
    36 points

Rare

5 Chaos Knights, MoK
    230 points

1000 points

How about this then?
    Last edited by Padea; October 10th, 2010 at 13:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

That's an excellent list. If I were you though, I'd remove a Hound model in favor of a Charmed Shield on the Sorcerer.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

+ Reply to Thread