>3000 2400 points Warriors list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400 points Warriors list

Hey guys this might be my tournament army depending on your views and comments, any critiscm welcome!

Lord - 330pts
    Chaos Sorcerer
    Level 4 / MoN / Spell Familiar / Golden Eye of Tzeentch

Hero - 200pts
    Exalted Hero
    Barded Steed / BSB / Banner of Rage / MoT / Halberd

Hero - 170pts
    Marauder Exalted Hero
    MoT / Shield / Talisman of Preservation

Core - 252pts
    12x Chaos Warriors
    Shields / MoK / Halberds / Musician / Standard Bearer

Core - 252pts
    12x Chaos Warriors

Core - 192pts
    30x Marauders
    MoK / Flails

Core - 111pts
    5x Marauder Horsemen
    MoK / Flails / Musician

Special - 460pts
    18x Chosen
    MoK / Shields / Halberds / Full Command / Banner of Swiftness / Favour of the Gods

Special - 280pts
    5x Chaos Knights
    MoT / Standard Bearer / Blasted Standard

Rare - 130pts
    Chaos Warshrine

Total - 2397pts

Okay, so this is my list, depending on the circumstances the Exalted on foot will either join with the Chosen, or with the Marauders in a 10x3 rank. The BSB will join with the Knights, and the rest will journey up the middle, I will make a fort for my Sorcerer with my core warriors with both Warriors going on the left and right while the Chosen in front, hopefully with the right spells and dice rolling I may be able to get the No.6 spell in Nurgle.

The War Shrine will probably tend to stick around the center giving the War Shrine powers out.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

To be honest it looks good. You've got a bit of everything and the character choices are well balanced.

The only real things I might change are:

1: The Marauder Exalted, he doesn't need the shield if he's got a 3+ Ward. Give him a Halberd or something to help with the blood letting.

2: Persoanlly I'd put the Blasted Standard on the Chosen. It's your biggest block of troops so therefore will get the majority of the attention. The knights, with their 1+ Save, are usually alright from missile fire. Well, except Cannons and Bolt throwers.

3: If you gave the Blasted Standard to the Chosen you could then give the Knights the Banner of Rage. This leaves your BSB able to take the collar of Khorne or a similar Magic item that will give the knights some Magic Resistance. If anyone has the Lore of Metal those Knights are going to be option number 1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

1: The Marauder Exalted, he doesn't need the shield if he's got a 3+ Ward. Give him a Halberd or something to help with the blood letting.
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this list.

Blasted standard on the chosen could work. I don't like +1 movement for only 1 block of troops, it breaks up your battle line too much, exposes flanks and such too easily. They're much better served with the rapturous standard, or maybe the +1 leadership. Either or, I think its better than +1 movement.

I like the blasted/rage combo on your knights, but your BSB is way too vulnerable as is. Magic banners on WoC BSBs usually is a bad idea. However, if you want to keep it this way, I suggest swapping the banners between the knights and BSB. Your BSB has a good chance of dying when you finally make it to combat, so what this does is it keeps your knights raged even if he does die. And if he does die in combat you lose the shooting ward save, but you're already in combat so it doesn't matter.

Your Nurgle sorcerer benefits nothing from the golden eye of tzeentch. I doubt he'll be left alone for a lucky shot to take him out so easily, you'd be far better off giving him something like the collar of khorne. Gives your block of troops MR2 as well as some type of defense for him in the 6+ ward.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you people, I will make the changes, I might just stick with a normal banner for the Chosen, or failing that even the War Banner, I shall change the banners round on the BSB, thanks guys!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Only helped because I picked up a DE army myself, otherwise I would have given you bad tips. :p

Post you new list up when you get a chance.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord - 350pts
    Chaos Sorcerer
    Level 4 / MoN / Spell Familiar / Collar of Khorne / Conjoined Homunculus

Hero - 205pts
    Exalted Hero
    Barded Steed / BSB / Blasted Standard / MoT / Halberd

Hero - 165pts
    Marauder Exalted Hero
    MoT / Talisman of Preservation

Core - 252pts
    12x Chaos Warriors

Core - 252pts
    12x Chaos Warriors

Core - 187pts
    29x Marauders
    MoK / Flails

Core - 111pts
    5x Marauder Horsemen
    MoK / Flails / Musician

Special - 445pts
    18x Chosen
    MoK / Shields / Halberds / Full Command / Favour of the Gods

Special - 275pts
    5x Chaos Knights
    MoT / Standard Bearer / Banner of Rage

Rare - 150pts
    Chaos Warshrine
    MoT

So all that comes up to 2392 points, made most of the changes mentioned, I also added the Conjoined Homunculus onto the Sorcerer just because I had the points for it, plus it ain't bad being able to add D3 to your total casting value!

+ Reply to Thread