<2000 Returning to Fantasy after several years. Help with 2000pt list! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Returning to Fantasy after several years. Help with 2000pt list!

Chaos Sorcerer Lord. Lvl 4, MoT. Scroll of Shielding, Talisman of Endurance, Power Familiar. 360
    Exalted Hero. BSB, MoN, Stream of Corruption, Bronze Armor of Zhrakk, Enchanted Shield. 195
    20 Chaos Warriors. FC, Shields, MoT. 370
    35 Chaos Marauders. FC, Great Weapons, MoK. 225
    8 Chaos Knights. FC, MoK. 400.
    15 Marauder Horsemen. FC, Fails. 255

I tried to go for a relatively balanced competitive 2000pt list. Any input/critique is appreciated! I was unsure about the choices for the Sorcerer mostly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I think that you have a couple of 'illegal' characters there.

You are only allowed one of each kind of magic item on a single character and your Sorc. Lord has 2 Arcane items (scroll and familiar) while your BSB has two magic armour items (Bronze armour and enchanted shield). Even though they are from the Common items list, they are still the same category as the ones from the army book.
    Even though the scroll could be quite good if used on your Tzeentch units, I think you should toss that and keep the Power Familar. But to be honest I'm not that good at sorcerer builds.

The marauder regiments look pretty fearsome and so do all of your units really, but the warrior regiment might be a little bit too large? Warriors are very powerful now a days (as if they weren't always). Maybe cut down on the marauders to a single unit of 40-50 and then add some warriors and split them into two smaller regiments of around 12-15? (I havent checked the math, so dont know exactly how many you could afford).
    I must admit that I field a regiment of 20 warriors myself sometimes, but because of their ranks, they tend to lose more models to war machines (not to mention all the new 'hit every model in the unit'-spells), and every Chaos Warrior not in base contact or at least supporting rank when in Hand to hand is a wasted chaos warrior in my opinion.

Personally I prefer to have some sort of unity when it comes to the marks, so I probably would have given the BSB a mark that matches one of your units - preferably the one he is going to join.
    Especially the BSB, being the carrier of the whole army's standard, should fit in with the theme of the army in my opinion. But that is just fluff, so totally optional..

Welcome back to WHFB by the way =)

Edit: If you really wish to have your great regiment of Tzeentch Warriors, you should save up points for the Blasted Standard for them - that way they will have a 4+ Ward Save against all those nasty template tossing and rank piercing war machines. I field a unit of 11 Tzeentch warriors like that, and my regular enemies have simple given up trying to shoot them.
    Last edited by Filthor; October 21st, 2010 at 12:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the response! Very true I did not realize the arcane duplicate, and I think I got a little confused with the common item vs. AB item list. I will fix that tomorrow morning!

I took so many Warriors in hopes of forcing some of the attention from my less armored units, the marauders. The warriors, in theory, will soak up some of the damage! But I would love to work the blasted Standard in there somehow if I could free up the points.

As for the fluff, yes I went for a rather undivided all gods list. I gave the bsb MoN to increase his survivability and also because I liked the stream of corruption ability and felt it only fitting to give it to him with the MoN.

Lastly! Any advice on magic item combo for the sorcerer? I had originally considered I forget the name... the 60pt Tzeentch ability that allows you to reroll any magic die. But it seemed a tad expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I usually treat Gifts the same way as magic items. If my model has an axe and I buy him a Sword of Might: Voila! its an Axe of Might and accordingly you could imagine the Stream of Corruption being something else - Pink Fire of Tzeentch for example. I know that can seem like a bit of a double standard when I'm so hung up on the fluff when it comes to marks, and to be honest the Stream of Corruption always seems to find its way back to my Nurgle Lord... Oh well

About the Sorcerer items: I don't feel that I have quite nailed that one with the new edition, so will leave that question for the experts.

By the way: The Mark of Nurgle is not all that great at protecting a character. He will probably be in a unit, so he won't be shot at. Therefore it will only do you good in hand to hand when fighting someone who will drop below half your Weapon Skill (someone with WS 4 would drop to 3 and now need 5s to hit your WS7 guy) or someone who will drop to the same as you (A WS8 guy would drop to 7 and now need 4s to hit). Granted, you will be facing WS4 enemies quite often, but a cheap Ward save improved with the Mark of Tzeentch would probably get you further, as it would work much more often.

It seems that I really wan't you to make all your characters Tzeentch, which is a bit strange as I play a mostly Nurgle themed army hehe =P
    Last edited by Filthor; October 21st, 2010 at 12:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay reworked the list a bit.

Chaos Sorcerer Lord. Lvl 4, MoT. Talisman of Endurance. 320
    Exalted Hero. BSB, MoT, Stream of Corruption, talisman of protection, Enchanted Shield. 185
    19 Chaos Warriors. FC, Shields, MoT, Blasted Standard. 394
    34 Chaos Marauders. FC, Great Weapons, MoK. 220
    8 Chaos Knights. FC, MoK. 400.
    15 Marauder Horsemen. FC, Fails. 255

+ Reply to Thread