Librarium Online Forums banner

2000 Friendly WoC Khorne

<2000 
651 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ever-Chosen 
#1 ·
Hey new to the forum and all this posting your army lists online and stuff iv been having a look on the site for awhile and just never botherd to apply.

Thought id post my WoC army list and see what people thought about it and what they would change , what would make the army list better.

I used this list today and lost , was playing the missiong were you have to kill banners and general , I was ripping him apart and it came down to my BSB having to issue a challange when i really didnt want too and he got he head ripped off -.-!

Lord
MoK
Axe of Khorne
Armour of Damnation
Sheild of Protection
Favour of the Gods

Exalted
BSB
Sheild
MoK
Doom Totem

Warriors x 19
MoK
Full Command
Sheilds
Halberds

Warriors x 19
MoK
Full Command
Sheilds
Halberds

Marauder Horsemen x 5
Musician
Throwing Axes
Flails

Marauder Horsemen x 5
Musician
Throwing Axes
Flails

Trolls x 3
Would take 3 but not got the models at the moment

Warshrine
Mok

Hellcannon

Thanks for any comments and criticism in advance :)

See less See more
#2 ·
If only you could give that Hell cannon the MoK as well :)

I wouldn't recommend the trolls since it only has a leadership of 4 and combined with stupidity doesn't do very well. That being said you can use your generals leadership (I'm pretty sure about this) to make the stupidity roll but that means keeping them close to your lord.
How did armor of damnation work for you? Was it very effective?
Marauder horsemen with throwing axes isn't very effective I would recommend dropping them and combining both together.
I wouldn't recommend the doom totem myself.
Drop the champions in each of the warrior units, you don't need to spend the points for them. Other than that it looks good.
Just out of interest what army did you face?

#3 ·
I was playing against Lizardmen , was a staff member tho so id love to see his armylist :p

I use the Trolls to protect my generals flank and with there movemtn 6 they can do a good job of it to be honest id like a unit of 6 tho :( and they can use my generals leadership so thats not too bad i didnt fail once with them yesterday. There allso good with the "mutantregeneration" had mine running about with 5 attacks each.

The Armour i didnt really get to see work to be honest as nothing was ever there to hit back lol and as his lord was a slan nothing had a good enough Inv to challage mine.

True with the Maurader Horsemen there just there to harrass warmachines and maybe other scouts.

The Doom Totem is there to assist the hellcannon , but on my 2nd turn i miss fired and rolled a 1 , wasnt all bad tho as his stegadon was close and god hit :).

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum mate, my comments to your list are in blue!
Lord
MoK
Axe of Khorne
Armour of Damnation
Sheild of Protection
Favour of the Gods

Do you mean charmed shield? I assume so due to points. You can't take two Items of the same type. So no two peices of Magic armour. The armour of Damnation is nice but there is alot of things out there that hit automatically or have plusses to hit. I would swap it out for the Talisman of Preservation or another Ward Save item.

Exalted
BSB
Sheild
MoK
Doom Totem
No wonder this poor fella died. With only a 3+ Armour save he's quite vulnerable. Also with the Mark of Khorne (frenzy) he doesn't get the parry Ward with his shield n hand weapon. I would.....Drop his mark and the mark on his unit, then put the Banner of Rage on the unit standard. This way he gets frenzy for free basically. This means you can save lots of points on Marks and spend the saved points on a Ward save for him and maybe boost that Ward with Tzeentch. Then grab him a halberd for killiness.

Warriors x 19
MoK
Full Command
Sheilds
Halberds

Warriors x 19
MoK
Full Command
Sheilds
Halberds

If a model has frenzy then you can't gain the 'parry' special rule. There's not much point just taking hand weapon and shield on Khorne Warriors. Grabbing shields isn't a bad idea as it gives you that extra bit of protection against missile fire but in combat go for 2 hand weapons or halberds.

Marauder Horsemen x 5
Musician
Throwing Axes
Flails

Marauder Horsemen x 5
Musician
Throwing Axes
Flails

Trolls x 3
Would take 3 but not got the models at the moment

Warshrine
Mok

Hellcannon

#5 ·
Thanks opps o forgot about having 2 peices off armour he didnt have to make a single armour save all game so i didnt cheat :p

yea ill look into the battle standard and see what changes i can make to free up some points.

The warriors worked well like you said with the sheild to get them into combat and then change to haberds worked a treat!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.