<2000 WOC 2,000 point list- Tourney This Sunday! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Happy strokes, happy s... redarmy27's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    331 (x5)

WOC 2,000 point list- Tourney This Sunday!

Good evening guys! I値l be in a fun tourney this coming weekend with a buddy of mine. I値l be running my WOC army for my first tourney ever and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this list that my friend helped me develop. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I知 looking to have a bit of fun with the army and kick some rear at the same time. Thanks in advance!

Warriors of Chaos Roster

Chaos Warriors (15#, 315.0 pts)
    14 Chaos Warriors of Khorne @ 315.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)
    1 Champion of Khorne (Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)

14 Chaos Warriors of Khorne @ 315.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)
    1 Champion of Khorne (Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)

Chaos Warriors (10#, 230.0 pts)
    9 Chaos Warriors of Khorne @ 230.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)

Chaos Marauders (40#, 330.0 pts)
    39 Chaos Marauders of Khorne @ 330.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Flail; Light Armour; Shield; Frenzy)
    1 Chieftan of Khorne (Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Light Armour; Shield; Frenzy)

Sorcerer Lord (1#, 415.0 pts)
    1 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch @ 415.0 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Smoke and Mirrors)
    1 Armour of Silvered Steel
    1 Wand of Jet
    1 Potion of Toughness
    1 Third Eye of Tzeentch
    Lore of Shadow

Exalted Hero (1#, 190.0 pts)
    1 Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 190.0 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
    1 Biting Blade
    1 Bloodskull Pendant
    1 Acid Ichor

Exalted Hero (1#, 200.0 pts)
    1 Exalted Hero of Khorne @ 200.0 pts (General; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)
    1 Chaos Runesword
    1 Bloodcurdling Roar

Total Roster Cost: 1995.0

Thanks again for taking the time to review the list. Any and all feedback is appreciated!! I really appreciate people getting me more into the playing aspect of this hobby as I知 generally a painter!

All the best,

Jake

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by redarmy27 View Post
    Good evening guys! I’ll be in a fun tourney this coming weekend with a buddy of mine. I’ll be running my WOC army for my first tourney ever and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this list that my friend helped me develop. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I’m looking to have a bit of fun with the army and kick some rear at the same time. Thanks in advance!

Warriors of Chaos Roster

9 Chaos Warriors of Khorne @ 230.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)

39 Chaos Marauders of Khorne @ 330.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Flail; Light Armour; Shield; Frenzy)
    1 Chieftan of Khorne (Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Light Armour; Shield; Frenzy)
    JUST WRITE FULL COMMAND FOR UNITS, I INITIALLY THOUGHT UD TAKEN 5 HEROES!!

1 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch @ 415.0 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Smoke and Mirrors)
    1 Wand of Jet
    1 Potion of Toughness
    1 Third Eye of Tzeentch
    Lore of Shadow HAS TO TAKE LORE OF TZEENTCH IF YOU HAVE THE MARK.

1 Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 190.0 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
    1 Biting Blade
    1 Bloodskull Pendant
    1 Acid Ichor
    CANT USE BITING BLADE AND BLOODSKULL PENDANT, POTION OF SPEED WOULD BE BETTER, OR GREAT WEAPON AND ARMOR OF DESTINY? STR 7 ATTACKS AND 3+ WARD SAVE

1 Exalted Hero of Khorne @ 200.0 pts (General; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)
    1 Chaos Runesword
    1 Bloodcurdling Roar
    GOOD SETUP, CHEAP AND NASTY, JUST HOW I LIKE IT =]

Thanks again for taking the time to review the list. Any and all feedback is appreciated!! I really appreciate people getting me more into the playing aspect of this hobby as I’m generally a painter!

All the best,

Jake
    No offence i could see you dont play the hobby much due to little rule errors you missed out on there, generally the mark of nurgle is more popular than khorne, fast armies and undead will whoop this list, all a VC player has to do is stay out of charge range and summon some zombies on your flank and buff them to about 30, costs them about 8PD roughly (at one dice casting easy) and you run off and get stuck in combat with the worst unit in the game to get flanked by some next turn buffed up skelletons or ghouls led by one of the toughest characters in the whole fantasy universe, only saurus and chaos are tougher, but neither can cast and fight as good as VC so just be careful.

i hope this helped, and good luck.
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    331 (x5)

Thanks for the feedback. Yup, I'm a bit green to the playing side, but boy can I blend paint like there's no tomorrow!

I'm going to re-write this list today after I'm off of work. I think I may mix it up a bit and make Tzeentch my main god so that I get the ward save as well. I'm not sure which I want more: survivability or sheer killing...

Jake

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

my comments in red...

Good evening guys! I’ll be in a fun tourney this coming weekend with a buddy of mine. I’ll be running my WOC army for my first tourney ever and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this list that my friend helped me develop. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I’m looking to have a bit of fun with the army and kick some rear at the same time. Thanks in advance!

Warriors of Chaos Roster

pretty solid core, maybe have one unit as additional hand weapons as opposed to halberds, the attacks those guys kick out can be insane. woudl be worth trying to boost those two larger units to 17 strong (including champion) to make 18 when joined by a character for more attacks per round

1 Wand of Jet
    1 Potion of Toughness
    1 Third Eye of Tzeentch
    Lore of Shadow

as said, you have to take tzeentch lore, I have some doubts about this guy's equipment though

armour of silvered steel - 2+ armour save, for the same points, you could get the talisman of preservation for a 3+ ward save (due to MoT - much better as if you get hit by a S4 you're the same, S5 or higher and you're worse off)
    Wand of Jet - a lot of points for a 1 use item, same points would get you the infernal puppet which is awesome
    Potion of toughness - quite useful, but there are better things to spend those points on (you could take enchanted shield for 5 less points and get a 2+ armour save which would combo with the 3+ ward save)
    third eye of tzeentch - the tzeentch spells are pretty much all brilliant and there aren;t many situations where you would want to swap them for some other lore

1 Biting Blade
    1 Bloodskull Pendant
    1 Acid Ichor

again, equipment choices i find odd, the pendant is bloody expensive for a 1 shot item, you're going to be hitting 3 models max with a 1/6 chance of killing blow, you could just take the axe of khorne for killing blow chance every attack (and +1 S) this would also mean that biting blade isn't needed so you could take the charmed shield for a 2++ save on the first hit, also saving you the points for his regular shield

and acid ichor I dont think is worth it, you're going to get a maximum of 2 hits back from it, just save the points

1 Chaos Runesword
    1 Bloodcurdling Roar

this guy I like... except for BCR, to get maximum usage out of this you need to be out of combat, on a character designed to be in combat it doesn't make much sense, stream of corruption would be a better fit as you can use it in cc for a sill amount of S3 hits

Thanks again for taking the time to review the list. Any and all feedback is appreciated!! I really appreciate people getting me more into the playing aspect of this hobby as I’m generally a painter!

All the best,

Jake
    Overall, I like the basis for the list, its rare that I ever write a full footslogger list as I don't like the lack of mobility, but in 8th it can work a lot better than it did in 7th now that marchblocking is pretty much a thing of the past.

Hope you do well with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

331 (x5)

Alright, thanks for the feedback guys, but I’ve gone back a bit and tried to do some re-tooling. This new result may not be perfect, but it does have a bit of flexibility to it.

I forgot to mention that the units I am placing in my army are actually ones that I own. I’m using that I have. I have a total of 70 warriors, 40 marauders, 20 knights, 30 hounds, 2 sorcerers, and some assorted characters along with a hell cannon.

See notes below.

Chaos Marauders (40#, 282.0 pts)
    40 Chaos Marauders of Khorne @ 282.0 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Frenzy)

Chaos Warriors (15#, 308.0 pts)
    15 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 308.0 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield)
    1 Banner of Swiftness

Chaos Warriors (15#, 338.0 pts)
    15 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 338.0 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield)
    1 Banner of Wrath

Chaos Warriors (15#, 273.0 pts)
    15 Chaos Warriors @ 273.0 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield)

Chaos Knights (8#, 395.0 pts)
    8 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 395.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear; Frenzy)
    1 Lichebone Pennant
    8 Chaos Steed

Exalted Hero (1#, 226.0 pts)
    1 Exalted Hero of Khorne (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 226.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer; Frenzy)
    1 Chaos Steed
    1 Stream of Corruption
    1 Banner of Rage

Sorcerer (2#, 175.0 pts)
    1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 175.0 pts (General; Mark of Tzeentch; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
    1 Disc of Tzeentch (Flaming Attacks; Causes Fear; Flyer)
    1 Enchanted Shield

Total Roster Cost: 1997.0

I kept the 40 marauders and gave them great weapons instead. I’m thinking of running them wide with great weapons and letting the Mark of Khorne really let them go to town on anything that they run into. Using great weapons, they’ll be able to attack with more than just the front two ranks. Not only will this unit be great for blending, but it’s also a missile magnet and will serve as an intimidation piece. The more attention away from my warriors and knights, the better.

I switched the mark of my warriors to that of Tzeentch. This way I do have the hitting power with my halberds, yet I have the ability to use my 3+ armor save and my 5+ ward. Not only will I be able to dish out the pain, but I will able to survive a bit longer now as well. They will be in three units of 5 x 3 to utilize movement and keep larger “walls” of enemy troops from getting too many attacks into me.

The knights will serve as a hammer unit and as flank protection. The BSB will be joining them here as well. This will be a good unit to create a bit of a mess in the side of the enemy formation and will certainly do its fair share of damage.

The sorcerer will be my general and will be sporting the disc. From here, he’ll be zipping around casting whatever he can to help the enemy. I have considered just taking a normal sorcerer as well, if I could find the points, and use that other one with Lore of Shadow.

I hope this list is a little bit better and rounded, let me know what you think. Your feedback is appreciated.

All the best,

Jake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

You could swap the mark of Khorne for Tzeentch on your knights, if the banner of rage is going in there anyway you cost 10pts less, still get frenzy and have a 6+ ward save, also i dont see the point on light armor on marauders without a shield, most armies have str 4 magic missiles or shooting, or str 4+ combat units which ignore the save, you could be saving another 40 points from just that, which all game may save 1 or 2 marauders?
    you can now get the Golden eye of Tzeentch for your disc sorceror, and bloodcurdling roar, yes thats 45 of your 50 points, but now you have a 1+/3++ save vs missile fire and can zoom around with a great shooting attack aswel as magic =]
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I switched the mark of my warriors to that of Tzeentch. This way I do have the hitting power with my halberds, yet I have the ability to use my 3+ armor save and my 5+ ward. Not only will I be able to dish out the pain, but I will able to survive a bit longer now as well. They will be in three units of 5 x 3 to utilize movement and keep larger “walls” of enemy troops from getting too many attacks into me.
    You are again interpreting the rules to suit you, if you have Tzeentch with halberds and shields you get 3+ save with 6+ ward against ranged and 4+ save with 6+ ward in close combat. You cannot use the shield in close combat as a halberd is two-handed, and the 6+ ward only becomes a 5+ ward in close combat with a hand wpn a shield as its a 6+ ward plus the bonus ward for tzeentch.

This is why Tzeentch are normally used with hand weapons and shields. They then get 3+ save with 6+ ward against ranged and 3+ save 5+ ward in close combat.

You can only use one or the other. Thats why if you want Halberds, khorne is best they are a killy unit, if you want a more survivable unit you use tzeentch with hand wpn/shield.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd suggest putting bsb in a more central unit. A bsb with flankers will affect very little of you army with break rerolls and knights can take rage banner + mark for good atk/def. I like Tzeentch on knight as all of the enemy's cannons and artillery will be pointed straight at them.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Chaos Marauders (40#, 282.0 pts)
    40 Chaos Marauders of Khorne @ 282.0 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Frenzy)
    Drop your Light Armor. If you're marching up field, leave the extra 10 guys, but you'd be better off dropping 11 members of the unit and picking up Wulfrik or Festus to make the more survivable.

Chaos Warriors (15#, 308.0 pts)
    15 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 308.0 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield)
    1 Banner of Swiftness
    Banner of Swiftness isn't worth it. Just because you can have a magic banner, doesn't mean that you need one. Drop your Halberds and go HW&S MoT, or drop your Shields and go with MoK.

Chaos Warriors (15#, 338.0 pts)
    15 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 338.0 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield)
    1 Banner of Wrath
    Again, the Banner isn't worth it, especially as it's a bound spell and will eat into your dice each turn. Same advice as the previous MoT regiment.

Chaos Warriors (15#, 273.0 pts)
    15 Chaos Warriors @ 273.0 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; Shield)
    With the points you saved, I'd mark these guys just like your other regiments, or possibly even bump one of these regiments up to Chosen.

Chaos Knights (8#, 395.0 pts)
    8 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 395.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear; Frenzy)
    1 Lichebone Pennant
    8 Chaos Steed
    Why 8 knights? If you add in your Exalted, you have 9 bases, and that's not 2 full ranks but it's too wide for regular combat. Either add a knight, or drop them down to 5 Knights. They can carry the Banner of Rage on their own, they don't need the BSB. Give them MoT (6+ Ward against shooting, spells and combat) and the Banner of Rage, for the same effect without tying up the BSB.

Exalted Hero (1#, 226.0 pts)
    1 Exalted Hero of Khorne (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 226.0 pts (Mark of Khorne; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer; Frenzy)
    1 Chaos Steed
    1 Stream of Corruption
    1 Banner of Rage
    We knocked out the Banner of Rage, so you're free to pick up magic items (like a Wardsave) and I'd even go so far as to put this guy on foot and join one of your Warrior units and keep those rerolls central to the army. Remember that if you plan on adding a character to a regiment, you can drop a model from the unit in his place.

Sorcerer (2#, 175.0 pts)
    1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 175.0 pts (General; Mark of Tzeentch; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
    1 Disc of Tzeentch (Flaming Attacks; Causes Fear; Flyer)
    1 Enchanted Shield
    If this guy is your general, get him off the Disc and get him into a unit for the 2+ LoS. Look for the other player's advice to pick up a Wardsave on him as well, as he'll be needing it. Might I also suggest dropping MoT on this one character, to pick up the Lore of Shadows? It makes your Tzeentch troops that much better.

Total Roster Cost: 1997.0

I kept the 40 marauders and gave them great weapons instead. I’m thinking of running them wide with great weapons and letting the Mark of Khorne really let them go to town on anything that they run into. Using great weapons, they’ll be able to attack with more than just the front two ranks. Not only will this unit be great for blending, but it’s also a missile magnet and will serve as an intimidation piece. The more attention away from my warriors and knights, the better.
    To attack with your 3rd rank, you need to be 10 wide. That makes a huge regiment. They are scary to look at, but they're really a glass-cannon. They'll take so much damage on the way in, and then so much damage in the first combat, that things will look bleak for attacking a second unit.

At 2k, you could probably run three regiments of twelve and be safe. 45 Warriors is a lot even for a 2.5k game. As the others pointed out, you don't get the 5++. We get that for having a 6++ "parry save" with the HW&S combo, and then adding 1 to it for Tzeentch. With Halberds, you'll only ever get a 6++.

The sorcerer will be my general and will be sporting the disc. From here, he’ll be zipping around casting whatever he can to help the enemy. I have considered just taking a normal sorcerer as well, if I could find the points, and use that other one with Lore of Shadow.
    Like I suggested in the list- drop the Disc, drop Tzeentch, and pick up Lore of Shadow.
    Ok, so here's what I suggest-

30 Khorne Marauders w/ Great Weapons
    @ 180pts

14 Tzeentch Warriors w/ Shields, FC
    @ 274

14 Tzeentch Warriors w/ Shields, FC
    @ 274

15 Tzeentch Chosen w/ Halberds, FC, Wailing Banner, Favor of the Gods
    @ 410

5 Tzeentch Knights w/ FC, Banner of Rage
    @ 305

Exalted BSB w/ Armor of Destiny
    @ 185

L2 Sorcer of Shadows w/ Talisman of Preservation, Third Eye of Tzeentch
    @ 190

1818/2000
    Ok, that frees up 182 pts. If you drop another Marauder, that give you the ability to add either Wulfrik or Festus to the regiment. If you want another Sorcerer of another mark, drop out 2 Chosen, put your BSB in the unit, and your General, and then add a Warrior to one of your regiments.
    If you really wanted, you could also put your BSB back on a horse and pick up 4 more Knights to have a regiment of 10 like you initially planned. Then you'd have to add a Warrior to his regiment somehow- probably by dropping the 3rd Eye.

I know that it probably feels like everyone is giving your hell for being a new gamer, but don't worry. We take a lot of things for granted once we've played long enough, just like you probably take things like properly watered down paint for granted when you do blending. Warriors have a very dense book, and there are usually several ways to arrive at the same outcome (Frenzied Knights with a 6+ Wardsave vs Spells, for example), and it's just a matter of finding the cheapest way around it.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

apart from taking shadows on a level 2 sorc, sarathi's version of your list looks solid

+ Reply to Thread