Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi guys, hoping to get some thoughts on my latest list. Some comments / questions for the more experienced players at the end. Thanks.
30 Marauders: GWs, MoK, Musician, Standard ( 192 )
15 Chaos Warriors: Halberds, Shields, MoT, Musician, Standard - Banner of Rage ( 328 )
6 Marauder Horsemen: Light Armour, Flails, Standard ( 108 )
5 Warhounds ( 30 )
5 Knights: Ensorcelled Weapons, MoT, Musician, Standard ( 250 )
12 Chosen: Halberds, Shields, MoK, Full Command - Blasted Standard, Favour of Gods ( 365 )
1 Warshrine ( 130 )
1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth: Additional Hand Weapon ( 275 )
Exalted Hero: Shield, MoT, BSB, Fury of the Blood God ( 170 ) [With Chaos Warriors]
Exalted Hero: Shield, MoT, Barded Steed, Biting Blade, Collar of Khorne, Stream of Corruption ( 191 ) [Rides with Knights]
Sorcerer Lord: Level 4 (Tzeentch), MoT, Talisman of Endurance, Infernal Puppet, Charmed Shield ( 360 ) [Army General, With Chosen]
This comes in at 2399 points
1. Is the shaggoth worth it? He keeps getting killed pretty easily, often before he's done any damage.
2. Should I have more protection on my BSB?
3. Is it worth scrapping the hounds in favour of MoK on my horsemen?
4. Is stream of corruption worthwhile? I've read a few people running it on Daemon Princes, so I thought I'd trial it on a knight hero.
If I was taking it up to 2500 I'd definitely have the mark on the horsemen, I'd up the Talisman of Endurance to Talisman of Preservation for 15 points and I'd probably add a few bodies to the infantry units. I don't own a Hellcannon so that's not an option at this stage
Last edited by ChaosLordUK; January 5th, 2011 at 19:30. Reason: Get rid of auto-emoticons
1. I have never run a shaggoth but I have used Giants before and they follow the same idea. In most games the shaggoth probably will be shot to pieces before he hits the enemies lines, but in the mean time the rest of your army will probably move untouched into close combat because the shaggoth will soak up a turn or 2 of shooting/magic. If your opponent has alot of shooting they probably will do alot of damage to your army, so either you can bring a shaggoth and lose all those points at once or you can bring 275 extra points of troops and lose the points a few at a time. either way you will lose troops before they have a chance to do anything.
So to make a long rant short, I would keep the shaggoth.
2. More prot on the BSB never hurts but I'm not sure what you really could add, we already have a decently good army when it comes to LD so thats not the highest priority imo.
3. Before dropping the dogs I would drop the Light armor and standard on the marauder horsemen, this will get you closer to the MoK and if you still can't find room drop the squad down to 5 Horsemen and you should have enough for MoK. the squad is a cruise missile, either it will get the charge hit hard then be wiped out, or it will get shot down on its way in. Either way don't put to many points into keeping it alive.
4. Its not bad, I used it on a foot sorceror the other day that was joined with a unit of Chaos Warriors. the template is great against hordes and the -1 AS is useful against heavily armored units so in almost any situation it can add a few casualties. Just don't make the mistake of saving it all game and never using it.
"Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"
Thanks for the replies guys. I had forgotten about this thread!
So if I drop the Shaggoth in favour of a hellcannon (which I now own) that gives me 70 points to play with.
When you say I need more troops on the field, do you mean bulk out the existing units, or get more units?