>3000 3000pt Plate army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

3000pt Plate army.

~THE ETERNAL CRUSADE ~
    ~2999pts~

Vargo, Eternal Crusader -363pts
    Chaos Lord, Tz, Preservation, Glittering Scales, HoME, Agony, Halberd
    The Knight Guardian -199pts
    Exalted, Tz, Armour of Zhrakk, Tali of Endurance, Favour, BSB, Halberd
    The Crusades Chosen -345pts
    16 Warriors, Tz, Standard & Musician, Halberds, Shields, Rage

Warriors of Valour -376pts
    18 Chaos Warriors, Khorne, Full Command, Halberds, Shields, Eternal Flame
    Warriors of Defiance -386pts
    18 Chaos Warriors, Khorne, Full Command, Halberds, Shields, Rapturous Std

The Glorious Riders -480pts
    4 Chaos Chariots

The Crusades Glory -390pts
    3 War Shrines

Rafael the Wise -350pts
    Level 4 Shadow Sorcerer, Infernal Puppet, Conjoined

Rafaelís Apprentice -135pts
    Level 1 Death Wizard, Dispel Scroll, 3rd Eye

Is 3 Warshrines to much? The idea was that they all pummel the Lords unit with Gifts untill I get the gift I wanted. When I get said desired gift I can remove 2 'gifts' and use them on the Warrior units to buff them up.

The only thing that worries me is I have no 'small' units that can run after things like Boltthrowers and such.

Oh buy the way, I don't play shooty armies. No Dwarves, No Empire. So things like the Blasted Standard aren't necessary.

Cheers in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    ~THE ETERNAL CRUSADE ~
    ~2999pts~

Vargo, Eternal Crusader -363pts
    Chaos Lord, Tz, Preservation, Glittering Scales, HoME, Agony, Halberd
    The Knight Guardian -199pts
    Exalted, Tz, Armour of Zhrakk, Tali of Endurance, Favour, BSB, Halberd
    The Crusades Chosen -345pts
    16 Warriors, Tz, Standard & Musician, Halberds, Shields, Rage
    Seems like a bit of a Deathstar Unit, Give them Wailing Banner for better EotG results, Skaven Plague Magic will eat this alive [13th Spell].

Warriors of Valour -376pts
    18 Chaos Warriors, Khorne, Full Command, Halberds, Shields, Eternal Flame
    Warriors of Defiance -386pts
    18 Chaos Warriors, Khorne, Full Command, Halberds, Shields, Rapturous Std
    Yep, these guys will rock.

The Glorious Riders -480pts
    4 Chaos Chariots
    Khorne Chariots are worth it. Frenzy is so handy against big terror-causing monsters.

The Crusades Glory -390pts
    3 War Shrines
    Yeah, three seems a bit overkill, with that army, I'd just get two [If you have Wailing Banner] but use both on the Deathstar Unit.

Rafael the Wise -350pts
    Level 4 Shadow Sorcerer, Infernal Puppet, Conjoined

Rafaelís Apprentice -135pts
    Level 1 Death Wizard, Dispel Scroll, 3rd Eye

I'd go fire for this guy, ranged flaming attacks are very handy.

Is 3 Warshrines to much? The idea was that they all pummel the Lords unit with Gifts untill I get the gift I wanted. When I get said desired gift I can remove 2 'gifts' and use them on the Warrior units to buff them up.

The only thing that worries me is I have no 'small' units that can run after things like Boltthrowers and such.

Oh buy the way, I don't play shooty armies. No Dwarves, No Empire. So things like the Blasted Standard aren't necessary.

Cheers in advance
    Just my two cents...
    Sona si Latine loqueris.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Yeah that unit is a bit of a Death Star but it does what it says on the tin. 11 Str6 attacks from the characters and 18 str 5 attacks from the unit should see most things off. Do you think loosing the Rage banner is worth the Wailing Banner? I know youíll get to re-roll more results on the Eye of the gods roll but, seriously, is it worth loosing immune to psychology and 6 attacks? Iím not saying it isnít Iím just asking. Itís also 15pts more.
    As for Skaven magic, Iíve not played them this edition. Iíve heard their Magic is horrendous. Is the Plague spell just a Str/toughness test or Die?

Chariots. To be fair normal chariots rock. Terror can be a problem but chariots are LD8 and with a re-roll to panic tests. They should be alright verses Terror causers. Again thatís more points that have to come from somewhere. Is Frenzy worth it? I could just grab the Mark of Slaanesh which makes me immune and thatís a hell of a lot cheaper!

3 Shrines. HmmmÖÖ Maybe I could get away with just two or indeed one if I upgrade the Characters unit into Chosen. That would give me a lot of spare points for other goodies. Like Hounds or maybe small units of Forsaken to go War machine/character hunting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

Personally, I'd go for a Wailing Banner over Rage [you can get some awesome EotG results from it] and just get Khorne Warriors, you could give a hero The Other Trickster Shard and ruin enemy wardsaves, but that would mean retooling your guys with regen instead of ward saves.

Skaven Magic, O...M...G, you are one lucky man to have never faced it. They have 3 broken spells:
    1. Withering [-1 toughness for the unit permanently, cumulative, cheap to cast, almost always gets through once]
    2. Plague [Toughness tests - no armour saves, then roll to continue to the next unit 33% of the time, cheap to cast, marauders' nightmare]
    3. Curse of the Horned Rat [25 to cast, but with warpstone tokens that is easy, 4d6 infantry & infantry characters change into RATS, no saves allowed, the elite units' nightmare, and we can't steal it with 3rd Eye - this is why I now have mounted Lords only, and my BSB in a huge mob of MoK Marauders]
    The first two are bad, but the third is the worst, and practically unstoppable - if they use a Power Scroll, your Deathstar unit is dead, before turn one ends. I've lost 3 games in a row to the rats!

Reroll on Panic is fine, but chariots don't re-roll on terror/fear WS1 and still the risk of running! And the monsters that cause it often move FAST and are on the flanks, maybe slaanesh is cheaper, but 2 extra str.5 attacks are soooo tempting.

Would be nice if the list was PURE Khorne, especially the heroes, for a caster you could use an Unmarked Demon-Prince, which could also go hunting.
    Last edited by Ascendo Tuum; January 31st, 2011 at 19:01.
    Sona si Latine loqueris.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The main lists I face are Undead, Daemons, Bretonians, Orcs and other Chaos.

As far as I knew Terror causes a Panic check, then a fear test. Therefore re-roll Panic worked on Terror. It wont work on Fear tests sure but LD8 will/should be alright. I'll have to check the big book again.

Aye it would be nice if the list was PURE Khorne but I figured that as the heroes were in a unit with the Banner of Rage they'd still be frenzied, thus Khorne. The Mark of Tzeentch was just there to represent them shrugging off hits in their rage state. Or that they were more blessed/Favoured by Khorne.

As for Daemon Princes I'm just not keen on them. They're too expensive for what they provide and aren't really that nasty. They can be good at Magic but to make them 'good' you're looking at over 500pts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

You have nice opponents to fight - I get stuck with horrible High Elves & Skaven most games, Daemon's can be tough, but they are fairly balanced by comparison.

Played a Bretonian a few months back...good times, the our Four-Cheeser-Skaven-Scumbags scared him off I think. I guess I fear Terror a lot more than you since I roll pretty awful most games. Even my opponents are amazed at my rolling 'skills'. I'm the guy who re-rolls a '2' with Blood of Tzeentch and ends up with a '1' instead, then 11 & 12 for all my leadership tests. So unless I'm immune, I take no risks. God does play dice.

Anyway, the Banner of Rage should work great, you can never lose frenzy. Here is something to consider with a group of Chosen & Wailing Banner though:

Roll 1 Warshrine
    11/12 Best Roll Possible
    10 free reroll
    9/8/7 magic resistence
    6/5/4 additional attack
    3 Second Best Roll Possible

2 Shrines, most likely scenario - magic reistance, additional attack
    3 Shrines guarantees your characters either +1 Toughness or 3+ wardsave

If they are Chosen & you have three shrines [wow], then you guarantee all characters +1 Toughness and +3 wardsave/Stubborn [assuming they are Tz].
    Then you could spend points on items other than Wardsaves.

A very pricey, but amazing unit full of godly heroes/lords, and NO Skaven - nice.
    Last edited by Ascendo Tuum; January 31st, 2011 at 22:34.
    Sona si Latine loqueris.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hmm, How about, rather than the wailing banner, I give my BSB the Screeching Blade? It gives him Fear which forces a re-roll on the EotGs. It's only 10pts and does the same job as the Wailing banner BUT costs alot less and lets me keep my Banner of Rage. Thoughts?

Skaven sound pretty horrible but then Undead and Daemons were horrid before and those are the armies I used to fight alot, it didn't bother me. A challenge is a challenge at the end of the day and a victory is only worthwhile when it's hard fought.
    Each army has its day, whether it's it's darkest or it's brightest. I'm sure when Orcs get re-done next month they'll be the next big cheese and roll over Skaven like the manky rat men they are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

I don't think that works, the blessing is on the unit, not the character.

Yeah, I think Lore of Death is going to solve the Skaven issue for me, High Elves [even with Teclics] will die to the Cheese I'm about to post I think.

I just did some MathHammer based on the three/shrine idea and I'm going to post it under the Army Lists - Unit of 27 Chosen in a 1560pt. List with three shrines and an Lord/BoS/Third Eye and a Halberd. Very Unfair.
    Sona si Latine loqueris.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

When a character joins a unit he becomes part of it. When a Shrine blesses a unit it blesses the WHOLE unit, including characters

Otherwise why would the FAQ state that when a character leaves a unit he looses any bonuses the 'unit' had previously gained from Warshrine rolls? If a character wasn't part of the unit you'd also be able to argue that he wouldn't be affected by spells, such as Withering etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but the initial blessing it's only for the chosen, not including the characters in it. So the wailing banner lets you reroll that initial and important blessing. For the warshrine blessings will work the sword.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast