<2000 2000pt "Keep it simple stupid" to take on Marauder Horde - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

2000pt "Keep it simple stupid" to take on Marauder Horde

(Thanks for your input with my other list, gents)

NOW...

Sorcy Lord -L4, Mk Tzt, Conj Hom, Blood Tzt, Chm Shield, Spell familiar 360

Exalt Hero -BSB, Mk Tzt, Shield 150

Sorc -Puppet, Power Familiar 135

Sorc -Book o' Secrets, Channel Staff 135

Chaos Warrz + Shields x 30(!) -Full Comd, Mk Tzt 530

Chaos Knights + Lances x 6 -Stnd, Muso, Mk Khorne 330

Chaos Ogres + Chaos Armr + Gt Wep x 6 -Stnd, Muso, Mk Khorne. 360

The Plan:
    1. Hope like hell the other guy doesn't have a Hellcannon.
    2. Cram the heroes in the unit, spawn some more. (Does the BSB need that MoT?)
    3. Give ALL the magic dice to the lord and flog "Infernal Gateway", "Call to Glory" &
    "Treachery".

This is as pimped out as a Chaos Sorcerer can get (except for third eye, which backfires for a whole turn if the enemy only has one or two crappy spells). This must be the ideal way to find out what happens when you pin all your hopes on magic... And 40 attacks? Who doesn't want to see chaos warriors operate as a horde?

Watch the WoC forums section and I'll brief how it worked out in a couple of days. And maybe look at the "TRICKY DISKY" thread I started. We still have no final ruling...

K'os4eva, like.

Last edited by Chaos Nick; April 2nd, 2011 at 12:34.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

For magic, I'd go with Fire, for flame-cage, and sword of rhune. Marauders have piss-weak armor and toughness anyway.

Knights are OK, but for real damage try a pair Khorne chariots - those things rip apart hordes very nicely.

Why not just use Throgg and a mob of Trolls? The marauder horde probably won't have flaming attacks and Throgg's breath weapon will kill off a huge amount. Also Trolls get stronger when they take punishment - unlike Ogres - and Str.5 is the exact amount you need.
    Sona si Latine loqueris.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendo Tuum View Post
    For magic, I'd go with Fire, for flame-cage, and sword of rhune. Marauders have piss-weak armor and toughness anyway.

Knights are OK, but for real damage try a pair Khorne chariots - those things rip apart hordes very nicely.

Why not just use Throgg and a mob of Trolls? The marauder horde probably won't have flaming attacks and Throgg's breath weapon will kill off a huge amount. Also Trolls get stronger when they take punishment - unlike Ogres - and Str.5 is the exact amount you need.
    Good advice on the chariots and magic. I don't own any trolls yet (I'm still looking for dragon ogres) and I need to glue my chariot together.
    I have a feeling I'll be up against Wulfric, warshrine(s) and possibly chariots. Any advice?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Against wulfric...avoid him with your casters, expecially the one he picks as his target at the start of the game.

I would try to bait the chariots into charging over difficult terrain - if they have MoK, then 5 hounds will do the job.

Warshrines are tough but slow, just avoid them.

Now that you mention those two units, I'd rethink the magic again - Nurgle is very good for picking off Wulfric and regen is priceless on a block of warriors.
    Sona si Latine loqueris.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Marauder Horde slaughtered to the last man.
    Brief battle report in main forum (see "keep it simple stupid") -the disc wizard and warrz horde owned the day...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

dont listen to the guy talking about chariots, stick with ur knights but drop the lances
    chariots used to be good but now they lost their effectiveness with steadfast
    also drop the 2 hero sorcerers as they are pointless, you only need a lvl 4 as you will never get enough power dice anyway and gives you 270 points to spend (hell cannon, trolls, knights)
    if you play against this guy again then here are some tips:
    1) dont put ur knights up against marauders with great weapons, or hit them in the flank
    2) mark of nurgle is pretty useless, go with khorne instead
    3) their LD sucks so take out their general and even if they are steadfast they will most likely fail the break test

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Thanks for the tips JG,
    I won the game and have to say that my army killed every last enemy miniature on the table. I put a short battle report under the same title in the rules forum if you're interested.
    -I'm sold on knights but would like to experiment with a chariot -perhaps against Skaven
    -The point of the two hero sorcerers is to produce pow dice for the GENERAL to use (book, power fami, channel staff). I have to say -it worked- his magic was unassailable while puppet and blood help against miscast
    -Good to know to keep the knights away from great weapons..
    -The ogres need to stay near the warrz, isn't there a risk of MoK making them charge off after warhounds or something?
    I'm playing High Elves and Skaven soon and would definitely appreciate some army and tactic advice

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jgascoine011 View Post
    dont listen to the guy talking about chariots, stick with ur knights but drop the lances
    also drop the 2 hero sorcerers as they are pointless, you only need a lvl 4 as you will never get enough power dice anyway and gives you 270 points to spend (hell cannon, trolls, knights)
    1) dont put ur knights up against marauders with great weapons, or hit them in the flank
    3) their LD sucks so take out their general and even if they are steadfast they will most likely fail the break test
    Use proper English rather than textspeak, please.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jgascoine011 View Post
    Use proper English rather than textspeak, please.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

I too prefer the full and correct articulation of our sovereign's speaky,
    But I'm new at my local club and may owe the victorious massacre of my first battle (with the above army against a veteran member) to beginners luck.
    In order to preserve my precious aura of lethal mystique I need to not get my arse handed to me by Elves and Skaven next meeting, so...
    Constructive, helpful advice only please.
    In any language u like.
    8N

+ Reply to Thread