<3000 2500 point monster invasion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

2500 point monster invasion

I was just thinking of how to do a very fun and interesting army and came up with this list. I think they list is actually very tough to beat although anything which requires you to take a initiative test and i am screwed but against people who use lore of life, light, metal, beasts etc and i will be fine

Lord
    Kholek

Hero
    Throgg

Festus
    festus will go with the ogres and he will be put on a big square base and modeled to look like a nurgle orgre (well it does say the model must be on the base it is supplied with, and if gw doesnt supply the model then its there own fault)

Core
    8 trolls
    throgg goes with these guys

6 trolls

Special
    6 ogres
    great weapons
    chaos armour
    fetus with these guys

3 dragon ogres
    great weapons

Rare
    2 hell cannons

what do you guys think
    it looks to me like such a fun army to play with, and would put out some serious damage

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Looks fun, but I'd go max Trolls and lots of warhounds - about 20 or so for solid screening.

Hellcannons are nice, but one is enough.

Festus will die turn one to a cannonball methinks- no LoS. Try a Sorcerer on Disc instead.

BTW - Lore of Metal will ruin any ogre regen - it's a flaming attack - also it will hurt Kholek too with his scaly skin and armor.
    Sona si Latine loqueris.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

lore of metal cant touch my trolls and it will only be wounding my trolls on a 4+ and i will dispell some spells
    as for festus, yes he would die to 1 cannon ball but then i wld never run this list against a shooty army. it is just designed for army's like orcs and goblins, lizardmen, chaos etc
    as for 2 hell cannon's, 1 probably is enought but how much damage cld u do with 2

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

also i dont want to max out on trolls because i want to get as many different monsters as i can, tbh i would have liked to have got a shaggoth in there but you cant have everything
    Last edited by jgascoine011; April 4th, 2011 at 04:23.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question, I am new to WoC and I played my first game last night, How can you have Trolls as your core units?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Throgg has a rule where it lets you take them as core instead of special as he is "King of the trolls" or something like that

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Read the Army book entry for Throgg the Troll King; he allows Trolls to be taken as a core choice, thus making all monster armies possible. As for taking two Hell Cannon, I say go for it, I do so as well. If you are shooting with them, the blast often scatters off, so just using one isn't all that reliable. But with two, you are significantly more likely to hit a "must kill" target, making them much more reliable. Plus, who doesn't like to have an unbreakable beasty on each flank to hold it down?

+ Reply to Thread