<3000 3000 point list for ard boys - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 point list for ard boys

Hey, this is my first ard boys tournament and i was hoping to get some comments for my list
    here it is

Sorcerer Lord- 365
    lvl 4, enchanted shield, tzeentch, tally of preservation, dispel scroll

Exhalted Hero- 205
    BSB, chaos steed, luckstone, tzeentch, tally of endurance, favor of the gods, halberd

Chaos sorcerer- 185
    lvl 2, lore of fire, power scroll, third eye of tzeentch, charmed shield

Chaos sorcerer- 160
    lvl 2, lore of fire, infernal puppet, ironcurse icon

30 marauders- 150
    full command, Mark of Slannesh

23 warriors- 428
    full command, tzeentch, shields, banner of eternal flame

22 warriors- 402
    full command, tzeentch, shields

5 warhounds- xx

5 warhounds- xx

11 knights- 525
    musician, standard bearer, tzeentch, banner of rage

warshrine- xxx

warshrine- xxx

warshrine- xxx

warshrine- xxx

total- 3000

My plan in this army is basically just buff up my knights with the 4 warshrines and they just tear everything apart while also being quite hard to kill as they usually end up with a 1+ armour, 3+ ward, stubborn, str 6, toughness 5, and 4 attacks each.
    Any tips or comments would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Magic is a fickle beast. Remember you're only getting, on average, 7 or 8 powerdice. This is split between 8 levels of magic. In most cases you're just not going to be using most of those levels as you wont have the dice.

I'd either ditch one of the level 2 sorcerers or bump them both down to level 1.

Whats the deal with the Marauders? no weapons? They're pretty much useless with no weapons so give them some or drop them. You don't need the champion in their either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason why i have 2 fire sorcerers is to get the spells i need because there are only 3 good spells from fire: fireball, flamecage, and flaming sword of ruin
    also, one of the lvl 2 sorcerers has 3rd eye and power scroll to just take my opponents best spell and destroy him with it while the other can hold infernal puppet to save me from most miscasts. Other than that i agree with what you are saying, but there is no way to get the items and the spells i need.

The reason for the marauder unit is not to get into combat, but it is used to be a cheap protection for my lvl 4 sorcerer, with this unit i dont have to worry about my lvl 4 taking a panic test and running off the board. Also, it protects my sorcerer from dying by spells similar to the dreaded 13th spell. This may keep some of the more nasty spells off my warrior units or even my knight unit, while also not loosing many points worth in models.
    I understand what you are trying to say, but i would rather lose 4 pt. models than 16 point models
    Any other tips would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by glisten7; April 15th, 2011 at 18:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be heading to 'Ard Boys this weekend myself, with my High elves. Let me just say this, I hope you're not gonna be at my region, because that looks like a nasty list. I've got a lot of expirience with 3x warshrines, but the prospect of that 4th one scares the crap out of me!

My only concern is that you're putting all your eggs in one basket. If those knights die, you're pretty much screwed. Warshrines themselves are pretty easy to break. I don't know how much it costs, but my friend always put tzeentch on his warshrines to give them a 3++. I hated it, but it does help them stick around a bit longer. but once the knights are gone, beefing a unit of 23 tzeetch warriors really isn't going to save them against say, my horde of swordmasters or something. I haven't done the math, but you're probably looking at 85%+ of getting that 4++ stuborn gift right? what do you do in that other 15%?

again, a great list, and I really hope you don't show up in Virginia with it cause i don't want to face it. good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Man, I will redirect those Knights like there is no tomorrow!
    Seriously tho, if you really are putting all hope in those knights, for your sake I hope you do not encounter an army with redirect-units. If you do, you will loose.
    My guess is that almost all armies have redirect units.

Regarding magic, why not take Heavens or Shadows for your lvl4?
    Because you want a 3++ ?

Heavens works wonders for Knights (re-roll 1's for armor save).

Would you consider dropping the Power Scroll for a Power Fam. or Channeling Staff?
    For the problem Borak mentioned.
    My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so how'd you do at 'ard boys? my after action report is listed in the High Elves thread if you want to see how i did....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deffo too many wizards in this list. Why buy two wizards to get the right spells? You simply won't have the power dice to fuel them all (and not have them countered) and you still have no guarantee of getting the ones you want! For the same points you could take a Chaos Lord, give him a book of Secrets (Fire) and choose fireball; grab the third eye if you like, and tool him to the hilt with puppet, shield, ward save and halberd. It would also mean your general was Ld9 rather than 8, which is no bad thing!

Definitely all eggs in one basket with those knights. Better hope you get the ward save coz Lore of Metal will destroy you!

+ Reply to Thread