<3000 2400 First list after a year of being off the scene. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400 First list after a year of being off the scene.

Hey guys, Milamber here, this is a list i've put together with 8th edition in mind, just tell me if anything is illegal, should i change anything or EVERYTHING! All comments are much appreciated. Thanks guys, happy gaming.

Lord
    Sorcerer lord(Lore of death.)
    lvl 4
    MoT
    Golden eye of T.
    infernal puppet
    Total Lord. 375

Core
    Chaos Warriors (2 units)
    18 in each unit. 6 wide 3 deep.
    Halberds
    MoK
    Musician
    Sb.
    Champ
    TOTAL 864

Special
    Knights
    9 knights(bsb will join this unit)
    MoT
    Sb
    Rangers Standard
    TOTAL 450

Hero
    Exlt.
    MoT
    BsB
    Doom totem.
    TOTAL 220

Rare
    Hellcannon

TOTAL ARMY LIST = 2314
    86 points to play around with.
    Doom totem and hellcannon to curb stomp some leadership.
    Maybe knights in the center with the units of warriors "Flanking" .
    I dunno, seems ok...
    THANKS EVERYONE FOR THEIR REPLIES MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
    Most likely the shittest list ever, so dont be pretentious dicks, give a brother a hand.
    KHORNE FLAKES.

Last edited by Milamber; April 21st, 2011 at 15:09. Reason: G-Dub.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

list looks very good and is basically your standard list

just a few things, 1st off do you have the new rule book as some of your things look a bit weird for the new rules, mostly you sorcerer

ok so Sorcerer cant have 2 arcane items so drop the spell familiar (which is pointless anyway)
    if you r taking the doom totem then take lore of death instead as you can drop the Ld of the enemy by 4
    if you do that then take a hellcannon as enemy units will be at -5 to their Ld
    also daemonic mounts are a big no no now and you want him in a unit unless you want him to get shot to death

your warriors shld be 18 big really with 6 wide and 3 deep, we will never negate steadfast so dont even bother trying, just kill them
    you can save points by droping a unit of marauder cav or taking a hellcannon instead of both units
    also consider making 1 unit mark of nurgle and giving it the banner or rage which can be very usefull
    with the other unit give it the razor standard

with you knights drop the blasted standard as it isnt much use for only a 5+ ward and take the strider banner so you ignore dangerous terrain tests

your exaulted hero
    drop the juggernaut as again they r a big no no now and he will die in the 1st turn against empire, dwarves or any army which has artillery

if you want to take a hellcannon drop the marauder cav which are no where near as good now
    however if you dont then take 2 units of 5, give them mark of slaanesh, flails and a musician and nothing else
    the points you save cld go to making ur warriors 18 strong each

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

ok, list looks pretty good after just a 10 second glance, but i have to warn you. If GW sees that you posted the points cost for each upgrade and model they will throw a bitch-fit and potentially could get the forum disbanded. You NEED to edit your post and take the points costs off. It is ok with GW if you post the points totals (for example, the total cost of your Sorc. Lord) but posting the cost of everything like that can get a lot of people in big trouble.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hey dude, welcome back to fantasy and welcome to the Forum.

Lord:
    Looks ok. The infernal puppet is amazingly good this edition as the miscast chart is alot nastier. Other than that he has has 2 arcane Items. You only allowed one from each magic 'section' so you need to ditch that Familiar

Hero:
    Ditch the doom totem. If you have the model and still want to use it then take some items that will keep him alive. In this edition he won't be getting a look out sir roll so cannons will be his number one enemy. You can fix this by giving him the Golden eye of tzeentch and/or the charmed shield to make him more durable. The Crimson armour is always fun too as he will take atleast 2 cannon balls to kill.

A decent all round build is, Exalted, MoT, Barded Steed, Collar of Khorne, Armour of Zhrakk. Halberd

He's got a 2+ Sv, 5+ Ward and can't be poisoned or killing blowed. More importantly he adds MR2 to your Knight unit.

Core:
    Make these boys 18 strong (6 wide). Ditch the War Banners. +1 combat res isn't going to help what so ever. If your warriors are loosing then something is going VERY wrong and +1 combat res wont help them. You also can't have two of the same item in the army. So consider some of the Rule book magic banners like the Banner of Eternal flame/ banner of swiftness.

Horsemen, split these up into 4 units of 5. Not sure what you mean by AHW because they can't have them. Grab them flails and if you have the points to spare the Mark of Slaanesh too.

Special:
    Swap the Mark of Khorne for the Mark of Tzeentch. It will make the unit more durable Vs shooting and will help out Vs Magic too. 9 Knights and a Character don't need frenzy to kill things, they're quite capable on their own

Hope my early morning ramblings helped and made sense (I'm only half way through my Coffee so I have no real idea what I've written)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheeeeeeeeeeeers

Thank you gentlemen, i've made some adjustments and ill just keep pretending like I know what i'm doing haha. Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread