<3000 Warriors of Chaos 2500 Tourney Build - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors of Chaos 2500 Tourney Build

Army List:

Lord

Khar'leth, the Puppetmaster: Daemon Prince, general: Level Four, Mark of Tzeentch, Mantle of Chaos and Third eye of Tzeentch. Lore of Tzeentch: 575

Heroes

Mnn"ickxalted Hero: Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll. Lore of Fire: 175

Kyy'arnxalted Hero: Mark of Tzeentch, Battle Standard Bearer, Shield, Helm of Many Eyes, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, favour of the gods: 170

Shh'narr: Chaos Sorceror: Level two, Mark of Tzeentch, Blood of tzeentch, Sword of Might: 160

Bjornval: Sorceror: Mark of Tzeentch, Disk of Tzeentch: 125

Core

Shh'narr's Brethren: 15 Chaos Warriors: Full Command, Shields, Mark of Tzeentch: 290

Kyy'arns Brotherhood: 14 Chaos Warriors: Standard, Musician. Mark of Tzeentch: 262

Mnn'icks Reavers: 14 Chaos Warriors: Standard, Musician. Mark of Tzeentch: 262

The Horsemen of Bjornval: 10 marauder Horsemen: Standard bearer and musician, Light armour, Flails, Mark of Tzeentch: 198

Special

The Brethren: 5 Chaos Knights: Standard and Musician, Mark of Tzeentch, Blasted Standard: 280

Total: 2498

Hey everyone posting a list up for an upcoming tourney i have to play in next weekend, this is the final draft i sent into the organizer, i need recommendations. Firstly though, i know i have too many heroes/lords, but i ran out of models and had to submit that night or be penalized, and i am wondering why i don't see daemon princes very often in other lists. I have a loose idea for the army but i need overall ideas/tactics with running it.

Cheers for the input.

I assume Morgan Freeman is the voice of the Emperor.
    My Painting Log! http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...nes-horde.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Do you have any more models available to you? What kind of leeway do you have in terms of changing the list before the tournament? Can you use Special characters?

Well, at the moment you have WAY to many casters to be of any use to you. you're only getting 2d6 Power dice remember so you're averaging 7-8 Dice. Now you have 8 Levels of magic so you're just not going to be using all those expensive Wizard levels.

A fairly cheap but useful Prince build is
    Prince, Tzeentch, Level 1, 3rd eye of Tzeentch.

He's a hell of alot cheaper than your chap and can quite happily steal what ever spells he needs off the enemy. Back this chap up with a Level 1 or 2 with the infernal Puppet and you should be alright. If you felt really nasty you could grab a Level 4 shadow Prince and a Level 2 Nurgle with Spell Familiar to try and get withering/Enfeeble & Curse of the lepper combo. Or grab festus if you're allowed.

Exalteds.
    The Book of Secrets dude is ok, I use that build but grab shadow magic instead. Pick the 1st spell. loweing WS or initiaitive is amazingly handy, especially against elves.
    The second one is a bit iffy. Just grab the Talisman of Preservation and the mark of Tzeentch for a 3+ ward. Give him a halberd and you're set

CORE:

Is it me or do the 2nd & 3rd units of warriors not have any weapons? They have to have something, even if it's a shield.

Split the horsemen into 2 units of 5 and give both units the mark of tzeentch. You could do with some small units to go after warmachines etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately the TO won't let me xhange it now which is unfortunate, and i do have some more models floating aorund i just can't find them xD silly packing. yeah, btw the two warrior units have shields (its in their points as well xD). I find the BSB champ to be really useful and suprising to models that expect to just mess him up in a challenge since he's a BSB (it's hidden items). I migt be able to change the lore i dunno atm

Hoping to look more for ractics for this obviously badly built army xD more then changes. I have a fair idea (channel power dice like theres no tomorrow and move) but beyond that i dunno

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

yea this is a very fluffy list and not a tournament 1 at all
    your 2 exalted hero's are pointless and as soon as they get challenged will die
    you have ASF on your guy but no halberd or something to make sure you kill the opponent
    and the other exalted has no magic weapon and why give him the book of secrets

and you have wayyyy to much magic

for future tournaments run it like this
    Chaos Lord
    MoT, Talisman of preservation and the rest is up to you

BSB
    MoT, the 4+ ward armour thing, on a stead with your knights with a flail

Sorcerer
    Lvl1, book of secrets (fire), Dispell Scroll, Tzeentch, 3rd Eye, Disc

Sorcerer
    Lvl 2, infernal puppet Tzeentch

That gives you 3 spells from tzeentch (if you want to be fluffy and still have tzeentch), but also you can use fire and whatever spells your opponent has

Warriors
    again fluffy as tzeentch is still useless but its up to you
    i personally wld go with 2 units of 18 warriors with halberd, shield and mark of khorne (or khorne on 1 with razor standard and nurgle on the other with banner of rage)

Horsemen
    tzeentch is comeptly useless, give then slaanesh next time and drop to 1 unit of 5 or 2 units of 5

knights are fine, i personally go with khorne and strider banner but this also works well

if you have points for an exalted go with
    ogre blade, enchated shield and khorne or nurgle depending on what unit u want him in

also hellcannons also work well

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems my army was mixed up a bit with points so i was allowed to edit some of the offending units, so here's the updated list

Lord

Demon Prince: General 575
    lvl 4
    Mark of Tz
    Mantle of Chas
    Third Eye of Tz
    Lore: Tzeentch

Heroes
    Exulted Hero 175
    Mark of Tz
    Shield
    Book of Secrets
    Dispell Scroll
    Lore: Shadows

Exulted Hero 199
    Mark of Tz
    BSB
    Halberd
    Talisman of Preservation
    Favour of the Gods

Chaos Sorc 190
    lvl 2
    Mark of Tz
    Blood of Tz
    Sword of might
    Lore: Tzeentch

Core
    15 Chaos Warriors Mark of Tz, full command, shields 290

14 Chaos Warriors Muso, Standard, MoT, shields 262

14 Chaos Warriors Muso, Standard, MoT, shields 262

5 Marauder horsemen Standard, muso, Light armour, flails, MoT 118

5 Marauder horsemen Light armour, flails, MoT 100

Special
    6 Chaos Knights Standard, Muso, MoT, Blasted Standard 330

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Why on earth would you use Mantle of Chaos?
    Just make sure he is out of LoS from most shooting targets.

A better upgrade would be Fury of the Blood God.
    Makes for a seriously nice Ward Save vs Magic.
    My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

ah this list is so fluffy
    mantle of chaos = useless
    sword of might on a sorcerer = useless
    book of secrets on a exalted = useless

i mean why take the exalted hero why make him a sorcerer when u can just take a sorcerer for cheaper
    and no infernal puppet?
    u are going to regret that when that guy with book of secrets miscasts

the mastle of chaos is pointless on a T5 demon prince as most things will be wounding him on 6's anyway

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgascoine011 View Post
    ah this list is so fluffy
    mantle of chaos = useless
    sword of might on a sorcerer = useless
    book of secrets on a exalted = useless

i mean why take the exalted hero why make him a sorcerer when u can just take a sorcerer for cheaper
    and no infernal puppet?
    u are going to regret that when that guy with book of secrets miscasts

the mastle of chaos is pointless on a T5 demon prince as most things will be wounding him on 6's anyway
    The Sword of Might pushes him to STR 5, all too useful I've found in my experience with Sorcerors, and you have to remember, even without it he is still better then, say, an Empire Captain in combat (not saying much, I know). The reason i didn't take Infernal puppet as i did not see the point, most of my spells are cast on 1, 2 or 3 dice, so the chances of double sixes is fairly low (I've now jinxed it for the fist game xD). The guy with the book was taken so i could have a scroll caddy on a str 5 exalted hero. Mantle i have found to be really amazing in this day and age of warhammer where everyone takes war machines and higher str ranged weapons. Repeater bolt throwers, Handguns, even stone throwers (with a bit of luck) are affected by it; and besides, isn't it better to not get hit the try and survive hits? MAntle stops shots. Bows and arrows might as well be useless to him. And i need survivability on my lord as he is a solid 500 pts without the mantle.

Now i think everyone has forgotten why i posted this i already know the army isn't solid, what i was more after were helpful hints and tricks in regards to the army, and useful reminders/tactics to use with it.

+ Reply to Thread