>3000 2400 friendly, what would you change? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Groningen, the Netherlands
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x3)

2400 friendly, what would you change?

We started playing unrestricted at our club recently.
    With the idea that a bad reputation is easily gained and hard to shake.
    So I do not want to go overboard, until the overall "toughness" of the lists goes up.

So, what do you think?
    (previous restrictions where; no Infernal Puppet, no dual rare, no Special Characters)

Sorcerer Lord of Slaanesh @ 395
    Mark of Slaanesh; General; Magic Level 4
    Charmed Shield
    Talisman of Preservation
    Ironcurse Icon
    Diabolic Splendour
    Blood of Tzeentch (1)

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 200
    Mark of Tzeentch; Shield; Battle Standard
    Bronze Armour of Zhrakk
    Talisman of Endurance
    Warrior Bane

Wulfrik the Wanderer

2x5 Chaos Warhounds

49 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 267
    Mark of Slaanesh; Great Weapon; Standard; Musician

28 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch @ 180
    Mark of Tzeentch; Shield; Standard; Musician; Chieftain

18 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 359
    Mark of Tzeentch; Halberd; Shield; Standard; Musician
    Standard of Discipline (2)

2x Hellcannon

6 Trolls

10 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh
    Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Standard; Musician

Total Army Cost: 2398

The idea with the Marauders is to give me some flexibility with Wulfrik (I do not like to tailor lists to specific opponents).
    If the opponent doesn't leave room for me on his board edge to fit 50 Marauders, or if he has allot of Warmachines, I can use Wulfrik with the 10 Slaaneshi Marauders and form a strike-force rather than a steamroller.
    Likewise, if the opponent has a combat oriented army, I'll use the Horde to rear the enemy.
    The 10 man unit also serves as a deployment delay, an extra banner, and a possible mage bunker. It is even pretty good vs skirmishers and other small units.

(1) I'm in doubt over the Blood vs Puppet. Prevention is better than damage control in my book. With the lore of Slaanesh, I can cast multiple lower value spells, instead of having to throw allot of dice at high value ones.
    But I do have two Hellcannons, so an unlucky roll with one of those might still get me rolling on the Miscast table.

(2) Not to sure about this one either. If I take it, I should have my Lvl4 in that unit to spread the love around. But I'd much rather have him in one of the Marauder blocks.
    Not a fan of the Banner of Rage, especially since I have a frenzy spell.
    I do like the Rapturous Standard, but it is much better suited for an anvil.
    Maybe the Banner of Eternal Flame, or Warbanner will be a better choice.

I love my Trolls, and I need something to deal with heavily armored troops and cavalry.
    I might consider dropping them to 4.

I have been thinking about taking two Warrior units, an Anvil (Tzeentch hw/shield Rapturous) and a Hammer (Halberds, warbanner).
    I just don't know how to make room.

Let me know what you think, or would change.
    Thanks in advance.

My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

2. Remove Advertisements

Southern California
    5 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

33 (x1)

So just a quick preface, while I do have a few suggestions, they are totally just my own play style; this looks like a very solid list as is. That being said, here we go:

In regards to your question over Blood of Tzeentch vs the Puppet, prefer the puppet for the sole reason that it is not just a defensive measure but also an offensive one. I have had plenty of opponents who begin to fear miscasting so much they start to throw fewer dice at spells, thus making it easier for me to dispel what they are doing.

As for the equipment on your warriors, I subscribe to the school of thought that Warrios are killy enough as it is, they just need help getting across the field to do so. As such, I think I would drop the halberds from that unit and then give them the blasted standard. That 4++ vests shooting makes some armies cry.

Beyond that, it looks good. The one problem I for see you having is that your trolls will have a tendency to outpace your general, so just be aware of where those two are in relation to each other

+ Reply to Thread