>3000 2500 Point Tzeentch warriors Check it - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 Point Tzeentch warriors Check it

The list

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch, Sword of Strife, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation

(( This Nets my Chaos lord a massive 7 attacks, with a 2+ Armor save and a 3+ Ward save))

Sorcerer Lord
    Third Eye of Tzeentch, Level 4, Lore of shadows

((Pretty self explanitory, I actualy had my Chaos lord smoke and mirrors in place of my sorc lord and go against a britonian Lord on the charge and whomped em))

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch
    Halbred, Shield, BSB, Doom totem

((Nothing to say here))

Chaos Maurauders (40)x2
    Light armor, shield, Mark of tzeentch, Banner, Musician

((This is one of my two anchor units, normaly stubborn on generals leadership 9, with 5++ saves))

Chaos Warriors (17) x 2
    Muscian, Standard, Magic banner x 1 (Razor Standard for generals unit), Halbred, Shield, Mark of Tzeentch

((Warriors of Chaos get I think the best core combat army out of all the lists, WS 5 and Strength 5 With marching armor saves of 3+ and a ward save makes the army completly durable to the point of being able to withstand a hail of 200 arrows a turn before getting to a dark eldar force))

Chaos Ogres (3) x 2
    Standard, Musician, Champion, Mark of tzeentch, Chaos armor, Extra hand weapon

((These are my Warmachine hunters, and Hammers to my anvils, they are march movement 12, and pack a wallop with 13 attacks for just 3 models))

Currently this list is (W/L/D)
    Vs Warriors of Chaos - 3 - 0 - 0
    vs Vampire counts - 3 - 1 - 1
    Vs Skaven 2 - 2 - 0
    Vs Dark elves 3 - 0 - 1
    Vs High elves 2 - 1 - 1

Please comment, and critique i find my self having issues with no shooting phase but I dont know what to get rid of if i take a hell cannon, the ogres are working really well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

Overall it looks fine I just had a question ...

Muscian, Standard, Magic banner x 1 (Razor Standard for generals unit), Halbred, Shield, Mark of Tzeentch
    Who are you going up against that S5 attacks actually need the armor piercing for? I might actually just put the banner of rage on that unit and make it a beast.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is definatly an Idea there, razor standard was for bretonian knights

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in blue!
    EDIT: 4000th POST!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ambientinspiration View Post
    The list

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch, Sword of Strife, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation

(( This Nets my Chaos lord a massive 7 attacks, with a 2+ Armor save and a 3+ Ward save))

Sorcerer Lord
    Third Eye of Tzeentch, Level 4, Lore of shadows

((Pretty self explanitory, I actualy had my Chaos lord smoke and mirrors in place of my sorc lord and go against a britonian Lord on the charge and whomped em))

You've got over 600pts tied up in Lord here. Personally I think an Exalted can do everything a Lord can for half the points. An exalted with a 3+ ward and halberd is both killy and insanely hard to kill. I leave 2 Lords to 3000pts, otherwise it just leaves you short on units but it's up to you

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch
    Halbred, Shield, BSB, Doom totem

((Nothing to say here))

What do you use the Doom totem for? There's not much in your list that causes Panic/fear or Terror from afar. Even your magic doesn't causes that many casualties as it's all hexes and buffs. I'd drop it and consider another banner or just tool this guy up to survive combat.

Chaos Maurauders (40)x2
    Light armor, shield, Mark of tzeentch, Banner, Musician

((This is one of my two anchor units, normaly stubborn on generals leadership 9, with 5++ saves))

I had the exact same units and they were awesome. After a while though I figured light armour was a waste of points and those extra points were best spent on more models. This will keep you steadfast for longer and 10 more marauders is better than +1 save, which might save an extra 1 in 6 if you get a save.

Chaos Warriors (17) x 2

((Warriors of Chaos get I think the best core combat army out of all the lists, WS 5 and Strength 5 With marching armor saves of 3+ and a ward save makes the army completly durable to the point of being able to withstand a hail of 200 arrows a turn before getting to a dark eldar force))

With Black heard on this one. Ditch the Razor banner for the Banner of Rage. More attacks trumps -1 save when you're str5 already!

Chaos Ogres (3) x 2
    Standard, Musician, Champion, Mark of tzeentch, Chaos armor, Extra hand weapon

((These are my Warmachine hunters, and Hammers to my anvils, they are march movement 12, and pack a wallop with 13 attacks for just 3 models))

Ditch the Command. 50 points nets you another whole Ogre, or if you add both commands together almost a whole new unit of Ogres. I also don't find much point the in Chaos armour upgrade. That is a lot of points just for +1 save.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; July 17th, 2011 at 03:30.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogres are terrible, apart from the movement ogres lose out to regular chaos warriors in a point for point comparison. Get trolls (if you can live with the stupidity) or failing that find the points for dragon ogres. War machine hunters don't really work unless they fly because a sane opponent will guard his machines anyway so it'll take ages for your ogres to bust through.

I don't really see the point in two marauder units like that. Sure they might be durable but they won't kill anything for you. They will lose combat consistently and will eventually fail a leadership roll and break. Chaos' strength is battering stuff to a bloody pulp, so play to it and come with an offensive line rather than one that's built to just bend over and take it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right i've compiled the repsponces(thanks for the input guys).

Sorcer Lord
    Mark of tzeentch, Channeling Staff, Lore of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero
    Mark of Tzeentch, General, Halberd, Tailsman of Preservation
    4+ Armor, 3+ Ward

Exalted Hero
    Mark of Tzeentch, BSB, Halberd, Armor of Silvered Steel
    2+ Armor, 6+ Ward

Chaos Marauders (20) x 2
    Light armor, Flials, Mark of Tzeentch, Banner Musician
    Thse units are going to be my flanking units - Strength 5 in the first round of combat and strike at iniative

Chaos Warriors (17)
    Mark of tzeentch, Shields, Halberd, Banner of Rage (Banner), Musician
    This is going to be the generals unit

Chaos Warriors (17)
    Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Halberd, Banner, Musician

Hell Cannon (2)

Dragon Ogres (5)
    Champion, Extra Hand weapons
    Champion is Point filler
    Last edited by ambientinspiration; July 18th, 2011 at 17:24. Reason: damn smileys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks MUCH better, although we can still do better.

Your characters need better wards. WoC typically have a sorc lord as the general, you've gone for an exalted which is fine too, but it means that you have a naked wizard in whom you have invested a lot of points. I'd ditch the channelling staff for starters as the odd extra dice isn't that useful. If you want another dice so badly just buy the power familiar.

I notice you haven't taken any chaos-specific items, you do know we have our own stuff?

Ditch the armour of silvered steel, you have chaos armour as standard so you can get the 2+ armour save with shield + dragonhelm, or enchanted shield for 14/15points.

Tzeench marks are fine as long as you realise it's not an optimal build to ignore other options. Nevertheless, working within your parameters I'd seek to utilise the mark a bit more. Go for hand weapon and shield for one unit of marauders and one unit of CWs. The other units are fine as they are (although the marauders could use more bodies).

There's no such thing as a point filler in a Chaos List, as we never have enough points for the things we want! Even if you do have some left over there are always a few cheap items worth finding room for ahead of a champion: Banner of Eternal Flame, Dragonhelm, Biting blade.
    You should have a couple of units of hounds too. Dragon ogres are awesome, although a little pricey for this size game (and their miniatures are awful!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay I think i finnaly got this list near perfect for my self

Sorcerer Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch, Level 4, Gold Sigil Sword, Enchanted Shield, Infernal Puppet, Talisman of Endurance, Thid eye of Tzeentch

Now has a 2+ Armor save and a 4+ Ward save, Pandamonium mmm Infernal puppet ahh

Exalted hero
    Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, BSB, Sword of Strife, Dragon Helm, Stream of Corruption
    6 attacks base now, 2+ Armor save, 5+ Parry save

Chaos maruaders (30)
    Musician, Standard, Mark of Tzeentch, Light Armor, Shield

Chaos Marauders (30)
    Musician, Standard, Mark of Tzeentch, Light armor, Flails

Chaos Warriors (17)
    Musician, Banner of Eternal Flame, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield

Chaos Warriors (17)
    Musician, Banner of Rage, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Halberd

Hell cannon (1) x 2

Chaos Ogres (5)
    Mark of Tzeentch, Extra hand weapon

Chaos Warshrine
    Mark of Tzeentch

And as I have found, there is not enough room in the list for what i fully want

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Looking rather mean now. Just a few things...

1... Exalted. If you have a Magic weapon/shield you can no longer claim a parry save. You could grab 2 hand weapons and spend the points used for the sword on a Ward save of some description. Collar of Khorne is always good or just go the whole hog and grab Preservation for a 3+.

2... I know I said it earlier but drop the light armour on the Marauders. It's 6 more marauders per unit which is a whole new rank which helps beat people at steadfast. Or it's 60pts towards what ever you couldn't squeeze in. That 6th Ogre maybe?

3... Ogres. If you want these as a line breaker unit i'd grab Great Weapons. Str4 doesn't make much of an impact and when you're deployed 3x2 all you loose is 3 attacks but gain +2 str which is usually a better trade off........ unless you're fighting Zombies or Skinks. Or, if you want them as a flanking unit 'd swap their mark to Slaanesh. All it takes is 2 Ogres to fall and you're taking Panic tests. Ld7 with a re-roll is still pretty easy to fail.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

I wouldn't put the 3rd eye on a marked mage lord, it's better suited to a level 2.
    you are paying alot of extra points for the 2 extra spells and the mark to access the lore, why would you want to ditch it?

also his weapon isn't really effcient. he's a caster, and while he can fight he isn't too good at it, this sword doesn't do much to improve it. If you wanted to give him a magic sword go with the chaos runesword, brings his statline closer to an exhulted and gives more to worry about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast