<3000 Non-cheese Tournament WoC 2250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Non-cheese Tournament WoC 2250

Im participating a tournament this weekend without any restrictions. The tournament focuses on "having fun", so cheesy lists are not advised (though they're technically not banned). A fun and "alternative" competitive game-environment seems to be what the tournament arrangers are aiming for.

So I've come up with this list. Not terrible cheesy (no Chosen, no Puppet, no Hellcannon, no Marauders), but still competitive and somewhat alternative.

Chaos Lord, MoT, Disc, Great Weapon,
    Talisman of Preservance
    Armour of Damnation
    Dragonhelm
    Stream of Corruption

Exhalted Hero, MoK, Jugg, BSB, Halberd
    Dawnstone
    Ironcurse Icon
    Favour of the Gods

Chaos Sorcerer, level 2, MoT, Disc,
    Third Eye of Tzeentch
    Dispel Scroll
    Charmed Shield

5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds

30x Chaos Warriors, MoT, Halberds, Musician, Standard w/ Rage Banner *in horde formation*

5x Forsaken
    5x Forsaken

6x Chaos Knights, MoK

1x Warshrine, MoT
    1x Warshrine, MoT

2249 pts
    What do ya think?

- Tash

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

No one else has commented so I figure I may as well

CHARACTERS:
    First off I think your Lord is illegal He has 2 pieces of Magic armour. Otherwise he's alright, although why the stream and damnation? Are you planning on getting him into combat? These are points probably used better elsewhere or re-invested into some newer items for your Lord chap. *cough*puppet*cough*

The jugger Hero is illegal too as he has two enchanted items. I'd grab this guy some extra protection too. One cannon shot and 'poof' Mr Angry goes to make his excuses to Mr Khorne. Maybe the 3rd eye of Tzeentch instead of the Dawn stone?

Sorcerer. This guy doesn't need the extra level if he has the 3rd eye.

CORE:
    I've never tried a horde of Warriors before...... Personally I think it's overkill as a single unit of 15/18 can munch just about anything. having all your warriors in one basket (odd image) reduces your tactical options and makes them easier to deal with. It's good points denial though I suppose so crack on if it works for you.

SPECIAL
    *Does a little dance for the Forsaken* Nice to see them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Haha ! shit, man. All my guys were illegal. Damn.

The tournament was cancëlled in the last minute due to unforseen events, so I didnt get to try it out

Fortunatly there is a tournament just like it again in a few months time.

Thanks for your help though - and for spotting those illegal heroes/lords.

- Tash

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Borak, in reference to the BSB, when you say the 3rd eye, do you mean the Golden Eye? Cause the 3rd eye is sorcerer only, and with the Jugger you have to have MoK. But ya, that would really help against cannon snipers. As for the horde of Warrors, I feel it all depends on what your meta is like. Around here, it's not a bad idea to take that many warriors in one block just because the anty has been upped so much. For example, I was playing an Orc player. Granted, he did it as a bit of a gimmick and a joke, but he took 89 Savage big uns with a couple characters. That many orcs eventually will chew through damn near anything. Because of the big blocks that I see (the 90 some orcs, 100 tomb kings skeletons in 1000 point matches, etc) the situation sometimes warrents an overkil block just to deal with everyone else's overkill.

As for avoiding the broken aspects of our book, there is not much you have to avoid. Pretty much just the wailing favor combo, in my opinion. Although Festus in a big unit of Chosen with Banner of Rage, Favor, and two war shrines is pushing it too. But damn, that unit can do sexy/ugly things to your opponent. Other than that, just about everything should be kosher. Yes, puppet and such is strong. But I hardly feel they are broken.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Wheely View Post
    Borak, in reference to the BSB, when you say the 3rd eye, do you mean the Golden Eye?.

Why yes. Yes I do. I was .......er .......... Just waiting to see if anyone noticed. Yeah....... that's it.

No worries Tashin. Good luck with the next tourny

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As i noticed in my last battle, I have nothing but love for the Warrior horde... expensive as all heck, but if nothing else, you should keep people on their toes just trying to stay out of the way. They may be overkill, but since we're Chaos Overkill is the Best kill!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And why do you consider Marauders cheese?
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

+ Reply to Thread