<2000 Need help- Nurgle 2k list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    With the mind
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

Need help- Nurgle 2k list

So this is my second list I have made in Fantasy, whilst I want this list to be used in a fun environment ideally being able to play with some competitiveness would be a bonus (Our fun games tend to turn into competitive games )

Anyway the list.

Warband of Nurgle- 1989

“Klen the Decayed” Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle
    Mark of Nurgle; Magic Level 4
    w/ Infernal puppet

“Vash the Neverclean” Exalted Hero of Nurgle
    w/ Mark of Nurgle; General; Chaos Armour; Shield; Axe of Khorne

“The Blade of Nurgle” 15 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle
    w/ Mark of Nurgle; Halberds; Standard; Musician;

“The Weapons of Nurgle” 30 Chaos Marauders of Nurgle
    w/ Mark of Nurgle; Great Weapon; Standard; Musician;

“The Shields of Nurgle” 30 Chaos Marauders of Nurgle
    w/ Mark of Nurgle; Shield; Standard; Musician;

“The beasts of Nurgle” 5 Chaos Warhounds

“The hooves of Nurgle” 5 Marauder Horsemen of Nurgle
    w/ Mark of Nurgle; Flail; Light Armour; Musician

“The Plague Spreader of Nurgle” 1 Chaos Chariot of Nurgle
    w/ Mark of Nurgle

“The Fury of Nurgle” 5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle
    w/ Mark of Nurgle; Ensorcelled Weapons; Standard; Musician

“The Trio of Nurgle” 3 Dragon Ogres
    w/ Great Weapon; Light Armour

2. Remove Advertisements

In the Loft
    60 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2052 (x8)

This looks like a really fun list to play with Nicely themed too! (I like named units). As for changes, not many really.

1) the Exalted is far to girly for my liking. A 3+ Save isn't much when he's only T4 with 2 wounds. Anything vaguely nasty will splat him and not think twice about it. A Ward save is the first thing I'll consider on a character and as he's your general I'd seriously look into keeping him alive rather than making him killy. Up to you though.

Some fun combo's with a Nurgle theme are the glaive of Putrefaction and either the Helm of many eyes or the potion of might. Making giants, Vampire Lords or Ogre tyrants str2 & toughness 2 is just cool and very nurgly. The Helm or Potion just increases your chances of doing it.

Also, have you thought about making this guy a BSB? They're just amazingly handy to have kicking around.

2) The Banner of Rage would REALLY make the Warriors shine. Immune to terror and fear is always handy. If not then how about one of the cheap magic banners? Flaming std for those hard to kill monsters or maybe the banner of discipline to boost the generals Leadership? Seeing as you don't have a BSB the radiant standard will be very handy.

3) Ya might want to re-calculate the points for the Dogs

4) I'd probably drop the light armour of the Horsemen. If you have some spare points left over then fair enough but those 5 points might be an extra (usefuly) Magic item on a Lord or hero. The iron curse icon springs to mind (think of it as Nurgle rusting the enemy cannons)

+ Reply to Thread