<2000 2k Tzeentch - Friendly (if chaos can be 'friendly') - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

2k Tzeentch - Friendly (if chaos can be 'friendly')

Ok due to comments about cool ways of converting hell cannons and me having even less will power than my Mrs in the chocolate section of the supermarket when it comes to Toy soldiers........... I've shoe horned one into my list. Comments? (about the list, not the will power thing)

Varka, the Betrayer. [355] (With Reapers)
    -Sorcerer Lord, Tz, Preservation, Rune Sword, Charmed shield,

D'haehugnaa the Daemon Host. [150] (With Flayers)
    -Death Sorcerer, Infernal Puppet, Iron Curse Icon, 3rd Eye

The Reapers of Souls [320]
    -11 Chosen, Tz, Halberds, shields, Champ, Std, Favour, Banner of Rage

The Flayers [341]
    -18 Warriors, Tz, Dual Weapons, Std & Musician, Liche bone Pennant

The Crushers [336]
    -18 Warriors, Tz, Shields, Std & Musician, Banner of Flame

The blesssed [180]
    -2x 5 Forsaken

He whom hungers [XXX]
    -''Scyla''

Hesicasiel, he whom has form [XXX]
    -Hell Cannon

Lords: 355
    Hero: 150
    Core: 677
    Special: 500
    Rare: 310
    Total: 1992

Last edited by Lord Borak; August 18th, 2011 at 03:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well, I think that it's unnecessary to have the Mark of Tzeentch on both sorcerers, but you know that and made the concession anyways. We all make sacrifices for fluff sometimes (though some more often than others; I have been known to write some jerky lists )As for the rest, I feel that the unit of Chosen is pretty small, but it would be hard to free up points to increase the unit size without replacing the Forsaken with Dogs (who I feel do that job almost as well, but I know that you are fond of them). Given the theme of your list and your own personal preferences, I don't know that there is much to change.

As for your remaining points, you could put a couple more Chosen in that unit. Or, if you can free up two points, you can put the blasted standard on the XHW unit to help keep them alive more because they will be attracting some attention on the way in because they are an easier ill to missile troops than anything else in your list.Failing that, how about the Ironcurse Icon on the level 2 and put him in the XHW unit?

But beyond that, which are pretty minor changes, I don't know if there is much else to be done to this list. But let us know how things go after you try it out

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Why not try Lore of Death instead on your Lord, honestly after playing it several times I'm really digging it. That -3 leadership spell is awesome with a Hellcanon, and you get to character snipe which means u don't need a Runesword and go straight for the Bloodskull Pendant - which is a MUCH more deadly CC item for a sorcerer.

The rest looks good, but the Chosen seem a bit out of place - Marauders would give you some needed numbers I think.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think the lords allowance is illegal. 355 points for a 2000 point army. And i don't see the point with the xhw guys having MoT unless they have some kind of WS to boost.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well, he can spend 500 points on Lords, so the character is legal. I do agree that death would be a more effective lore on the Lord, as well as agreeeing that the XHWwith MoT is an odd choice. That being said, everything that can have a mark, has the mark of Tzeentch. I detect a themed list here...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Well the title does say 2000pts Tzeentch but yeah I suppose it is an odd mark to go with. Personally I just think Tzeentch is the best Mark for the points. The extra attacks from Khorne would be handy but loosing combat means you loose your mark and Khorne does nothing to keep your expensive warriors alive. Nurgle would help me no ends against my Saurus opponent but never the less it's a Tzeentch army and I'm a stickler to keep everything themed. Even if it doesn't make sense.

Magic Lores........hmmm. See I'm not totally sold by Death. All the spells seem very short ranged unless you 'boost' them. This means for the first two turns my Magic phase is pretty much non existent. However I'm not totally sold on Tzeentch either. I took it mainly for the +1 Ward and to keep everything themed. Maybe I'll try heavens instead? Maybe I'l just give up on the magic phase and take fire for some non brain power using old fashioned blasting.

PaPa_Wheely: Yeah the chosen are pretty small. It's a throw back from my 'units of 12' days but there's not much I can do about that. Upping the unit to 17 would be another 120pts and I have no idea where those points would come from. I could drop the LvL1 but then I loose the puppet, loosing the Forsaken means I have no flankers/wizard/War Machine hunters other than my Cannon. Oh! Conundrums! If I ever got the list up to 2500 I'd definitely bump the unit size up but otherwise I don't think I can manage it without some major changes to the list.

I'll put some changes into the First post

PS: The Mrs dragged me to the supermarket last night. Guess where she dragged me too?
    Last edited by Lord Borak; August 18th, 2011 at 03:31.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

As for the Lore of Death, I can tell you right now that it is brutal. Not because I have used it much (although I have a few lists in mind that do) but because I have been on the receiving end of a Chaos Demons Herald of Tzeentch with Loremaster Death. This guy has yet to even use any of the sniping spells against me, or even the Bowling Ball of Xereus. It is almost indelibly Soulblight or Doom and Darkness. And to be quite frank, it's brutal. Now, this wouldn't be as horrendous with WoC as with Demons because we have fewer abilities that rely on leadership.

Soulblight is brutal on a mobile caster, especially one that can fly, because he can get behind the enemy lines right up in the middle of everything, and drop the Strength and Toughness of everything within 24", so it's a 48" bubble "I'm about to get wrecked." Doom and Darkness works well because it screws up Steadfast enemies. Lets face it, it generally takes us a couple turns to chew through a big unit of Swordsmen, Spearmen, or what have you. Doom and Darkness that unit, and all of a sudden they are WAY more likely to head for the hills. Plus, everyone knows that it's a sexy combo with the Hell Cannon.

To be frank, 4 of the spells are situational and just kinda "meh," but the other three make it sexy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry, miscalced horribly.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

+ Reply to Thread