<1000 750 & 1000pt Slaanesh army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

750 & 1000pt Slaanesh army.

Ok, here's a little side project of mine. I want to do an army for each god eventually and this is the start of the slaanesh one. It's mainly based around fluff, the characters and what models I have to hand so it's probably not the most competitive of armies but who cares eh? I have other armies to be competitive with.

The Lord is probably over kill for 1000pts and originally I had a Level 3 Sorcerer in there and an Exalted. However I figured I could get more bang for my buck by swapping them around. Without the Lord the list is 750pts.

Shrendaal -248pts
    Lord, SL. HoME, Halberd

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heskaal the Magnificent -140pts
    Level 2 Sorcerer, SL, Spell Familiar

The Betrothed of Shrendaal -225pts
    10 Warriors, Additional Hand Weapons, Cmd, Banner of Rage

The Worshippers -82pts
    15 Marauders, SL, Shields, Std & Musician

The Pure Bloods -112pts
    18 Marauders, SL, Flails, Std & Musician

Shrendaals Pets -72pts
    2x 6 Chaos ‘Hounds’

The Worshiped -120pts
    3 ‘Ogres’, Additional Hand weapons

749/997pts

The 'worshippers' are a bit small and if I could give them flails I probably would. Alas the models I'm using are not in the right poses for flails so I'm kinda stuck. They'll be used to guard my sorcerer and hopefully wont be anywhere near the 'real' fighting anyway.

Ogres are a big 'eh'. They're there because I have them and I might as well use them. If I can get something better for the points I'm open to suggestion, as long as it fits the theme

Last edited by Lord Borak; September 13th, 2011 at 02:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

If I can get something better for the points I'm open to suggestion, as long as it fits the theme]
    The Mounted - 97ptsd

Five Marauder Horse, MoS, Flails, standard. Perhaps add in a few more horseman or use the points elsewhere? Just a thought, a touch of speed at that level with the extra strength of the flails for that first turn bashing of flankers/missile units might be more useful.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I absolutly love the "steed of slaanesh model", so if I was doing a slaanesh themed army fluff wise, I would personally mold my army around bring multiple characters on steed of slaanesh
    Definatly not the most competetive army out there, but its DAMN fun march moving a sorc on steed of slaanesh 20 inches right into the middle of the opponents army, and throw down a 6dice hellshriek
    Quote Lord Borak
    Now now lads. This is a forum about grown men playing with toy soldiers. Lets be adults please.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The list could use a little bit of speed so Horsemen are a good idea. If GW stills sells the metal mounted daemonettes then i'll cosnider buying those, If not I'll trawl ebay. In the mean time what else?

For 120ish points I could grab another sorcerer, while making the list character heavy it would give me some more magical ooomph. Or a Shrine? What about some Forsaken? It's an excuse to use my old metal Daemonettes (I LOVE those models).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Why not try two Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh? Expensive, but the ASF is very nice to have and they could work OK with Slaanesh magic [Aura of Acquiescence], too sexy to resist!

You could do them up as fashion supermodels who have had too much plastic surgery, with liposuction scars, gross lips, triple boob jobs, and six shapely arms and legs.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

+ Reply to Thread