<2000 2000 pts friendly list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts friendly list

ok im trying to get a 2000 point list since the throne of skulls has decided to change from 2400. i would like some advice on this list, any pointers would be nice. i did post a 2400 list but it seems noone at my game club wishes to play that now! i have however taken the pointers i got from that and implemented them in this so here goes,

Chaos Lord (1)
    Ogre Blade
    Favour of the Gods
    Armour of Morslieb
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Stream of Corruption

Sorcerer (1)
    Lvl2
    Scroll

Hero (3)
    BSB
    Halberd
    Talisman of Preservation
    Mark of Tzeentch

Chaos Warriors x 16 (1)
    Hand Weps
    Standard Bearer
    Musician
    Standard of Disciplin
    Mark of Khorne

Chaos Warriors x 18 (2)
    Hand Weps
    Standard Bearer
    Musician
    Flaming Banner
    Mark of Khorne

Chaos Warriors x 17 (3)
    Hand Weps
    Standard Bearer
    Musician
    Banner of Rage
    Mark of Nurgle

Warshrine x 2
    Mark of Tzeench

Totals 1999

The idea is the lord protects the sorcerer in unit 1 (hense the bracket numbers) and he has leadership 10. BSB unit will go inbetween the 2 units and help with break tests. 6 wide with the correct buffs could mean 36 attacks at str 5 (i had this kick out in the test game i had and it was amazing). the sorcerer will be fire based, i find fireball very nice. he is my only anti magic but its better than nothing, and he has a scroll. With the lord having a 3+ ward save, its gonna be hard taking him down, and he is str 8! so very destructive. The BSB is also a 3+ ward bearer and Str 6, on a plus he will be in a unit with the banner of rage, so will he gain +1 attack?

so thats that, comments and suggestions welcome, please try to be nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I would replace the armor of morrslieb on your lord for a talisman of endurance, with MoT he still has a nice 4+ ward save, and he won't get destroyed by a character carrying a magic weapon. I like the leadership 10 bubble, but I would drop MoK off the warriors that your lord and sorcerer are going into, and replace it with MoT, give them shields, and you'll get an even better ward save with the hand weapon/shield combo. I would give the second unit of warriors with MoK halberds, with the banner of eternal flame, and the extra strength from the halberds, they should dice up any unit they come into contact with. With the last unit of warriors I would drop MoN, I don't really think it's worth the extra 10 points for something that will do less than MoT can anyways.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x1)

ive gotta back up everything that noma said 100%. id also give the banner of rage warriors halberds too. if points arnt there then Hw are fine, but id try to scrounge some up.

the most important, and only REAL problem i see is how weak your magic phase is. your sorc is protected by your lord in combat and the rank and file warriors for standard shooting, but hes a very juicy target for sniping. an enemy wizard with lore of death, a skaven or empire sniper... lots of stuff could pick him out and then your out of a magic phase completely.

i know its alittle overcooked and overused, but a sorc lord is almost a necessity. a sorc lord is by no means a wimp in cc himself. you can deck him out just like a lord, and he wont be the most killy character out there, but hell have a sweet magic phase to do the majority of his killing. also an exalted hero is more than a match for most enemy characters. maybe swap the level 2 for a sorc lord, and swap the lord for a beefy exalted.

last thing to worry about. your gonna be out numbered in 9 out of 10 games you play. and your whole army is pretty slow moving. a good gun line, or a powerful magic phase, and your gonna see your warriors getting to combat in bad shape, if at all. youve got your shrines for flank protection, but some dogs or other fast movers and you can give yourself some easy hard cover. 3 units of warriors might be alittle much for 2k. for under 300 points you can get a solid horde of GW marauders and a couple dogs for some bigger numbers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Yep I agree with your points there shoe, a sorcerer lord decked out for a challenge covers more weak points than a regular lord could. Theres a thread on here with some really nice sorcerer lord builds for combat you should check it out. He'll make your magic phase very strong, and at the same time can hold his own if he should find himself in a challenge. Funny enough if you were to throw favor of the gods and the stream of corruption onto your BSB, you'll find he's really not much worse than the lord you have now. Marauders are nice, cheaper than warriors, larger in number, and often times I find are more useful, but it is personal preference. If you like the warriors stick with them, but make them as effecient as possible. Again what shoe said, some speed in your list would be nice, you might find gun lines, and warmachines tough to deal with.
    Last edited by Noma; October 12th, 2011 at 07:36.

+ Reply to Thread