2500pt All Comers Competitive Tzeentch list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pt All Comers Competitive Tzeentch list

Lord

Sorcerer Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Lev -4
    Infernal puppet
    Black Tongue

Infernal puppet/Black Tongue combo just seems so Tzeentch to me, Also, I I like the anti wizard item, being that im not taking a scroll.

Hero’s

Exalted Hero’s
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Charmed Shield
    Golden Eye
    Bloodcurling Roar
    Warriors Bane

Fly’s around eating up warmachines while (hopefully) dodging cannonballs with the charmed shield and golden eye saves. If have to, tandem charge regen units (trolls,aboms,etc) with disc and warrior block, disc has one lucky flaming attack J…and its st3 stomp! Warriors bane for ethereal’s (also helps for character hunting if I can reduce an attack or 2, low W save in combat)

Exalted Hero
    Bsb
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Daemonic Mount
    Talis of Preservation
    Iron Curse Icon
    Great weapon

Him and my Sorcerer Lord will be chilling in the Marauder block, The Daemon mount will help displace models so A, my lord gets to hide in the second rankJ and B. the mount is a on a 50x50 so it helps extend the ranks a bit. The bsb is a pretty solid turtle with a 3+/3+ (plus a total of 4 str 7 from him and 2 str 5 from his mount is nothing to mock)

Core

18x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Musician
    Banner of Eternal flame

Block A. Flaming banner to deal with regen

18x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Musician
    Banner

Block B

27x Marauder
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Musician
    Banner

My mini bunker for my lord and bsb, (iron curse gives me a 5+w against stone throwers and the like) while the marauder have a 5+/5+ against most things.

Special

5x Chaos Knights
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Banner
    Musician
    Banner of Rage

Run and beat your face. Angry 2A horses! J

15x Chosen
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Halberds
    Champion
    Favour of the Gods
    Musician
    Wailing Banner

Another Beat unit. Hopefully all goes well and your faced with 4+/3 str 5 2A modelsJ

Rare

Chaos Warshrine
    Mark Of Tzeentch

Help to get chosen there 3+ then on to boosting units.not a bad combat unit as well.

Well that’s my list guys,
    I wanted to make it All Comers and fairly Competitive while still keeping solid Tzeench fluff J (And had multiple friends inputs which GREATLY affected the outcome, for the better I believe)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see the stuff in red

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouDoVoodoo View Post
    Lord

Sorcerer Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Lev -4
    Infernal puppet
    Black Tongue

Infernal puppet/Black Tongue combo just seems so Tzeentch to me, Also, I I like the anti wizard item, being that im not taking a scroll.

Hero’s

Exalted Hero’s
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Charmed Shield
    Golden Eye
    Bloodcurling Roar
    Warriors Bane

Fly’s around eating up warmachines while (hopefully) dodging cannonballs with the charmed shield and golden eye saves. If have to, tandem charge regen units (trolls,aboms,etc) with disc and warrior block, disc has one lucky flaming attack J…and its st3 stomp! Warriors bane for ethereal’s (also helps for character hunting if I can reduce an attack or 2, low W save in combat)

a disc has a stomp attack???

Exalted Hero
    Bsb
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Daemonic Mount
    Talis of Preservation
    Iron Curse Icon
    Great weapon

Him and my Sorcerer Lord will be chilling in the Marauder block, The Daemon mount will help displace models so A, my lord gets to hide in the second rankJ and B. the mount is a on a 50x50 so it helps extend the ranks a bit. The bsb is a pretty solid turtle with a 3+/3+ (plus a total of 4 str 7 from him and 2 str 5 from his mount is nothing to mock)

you lord in the second rank?why?
    if you go 5 wide, your lord has to go up front, and a muso, SB or champion go to second rank i think
    and you don't have a champion in that unit so he will still just stand in first rank
    and even if he's in second rank, he won't be safe...
    after you BSB dies, he has to challenge as well thus going up front!

even if you lord is safe, and in second rank... he doesn't have LOS, cause he's in second rank, so can't do spells like flickering fire...

Core

18x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Musician
    Banner of Eternal flame

18x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Musician
    Banner

Block B

27x Marauder
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Musician
    Banner

My mini bunker for my lord and bsb, (iron curse gives me a 5+w against stone throwers and the like) while the marauder have a 5+/5+ against most things.

Special

5x Chaos Knights
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Banner
    Musician
    Banner of Rage

15x Chosen
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Halberds
    Champion
    Favour of the Gods
    Musician
    Wailing Banner

Another Beat unit. Hopefully all goes well and your faced with 4+/3 str 5 2A modelsJ

Rare

Chaos Warshrine
    Mark Of Tzeentch

Help to get chosen there 3+ then on to boosting units.not a bad combat unit as well.

I wanted to make it All Comers and fairly Competitive while still keeping solid Tzeench fluff J (And had multiple friends inputs which GREATLY affected the outcome, for the better I believe)
    Last edited by Krull; October 24th, 2011 at 09:47.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in blue dude!

Lord

Sorcerer Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Lev -4
    Infernal puppet
    Black Tongue

Hero’s

Exalted Hero’s
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Charmed Shield
    Golden Eye
    Bloodcurling Roar
    Warriors Bane

The Disc is not Monstrous Cavalry so does not get a stomp. It's a Warbeast and when a character rides a Warbeast it counts as Cavalry. Otherwise he's ok!!

Exalted Hero
    Bsb
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Daemonic Mount
    Talis of Preservation
    Iron Curse Icon
    Great weapon

As Krull has said, this guy won't get a LoS roll from enemy shooting or Magic. There is only so much he can take before dying. Plus, all someone has to do is kill the champion and Mr Sorcerer moves to the front.

Core

18x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Musician
    Banner of Eternal flame

Not sure if you have or not but make sure you pay for the basic banner as well as the Magical one,

18x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Musician
    Banner

Block B

27x Marauder
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Musician
    Banner

You need to fill up all 5 places in the front rank with Command models and that Demonic mount Exalted to move the Sorcerer to the second rank. As it stands you're only displacing 4, so you need that champion. I must ask though, Why move him to the second rank? Why not simply put him in a small unit of 10ish Slaanesh Marauders and put them behind a block of Warriors/Marauders to keep them safe? If saves you having to do the whole Daemonic horse Exalted thing which frees up points for something more useful.

Special

5x Chaos Knights
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Banner
    Musician
    Banner of Rage

15x Chosen
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Halberds
    Champion
    Favour of the Gods
    Musician
    Wailing Banner

Rare

Chaos Warshrine
    Mark Of Tzeentch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Im reading your list and feeling abit like there is way too many combat units here.

You have got 4 big blocks of infantry and 5 knights. Are you planning on getting them all into combat at the same time? I mean, I dont know how much terrain you guys are using, but where Im from, there is always so much terrain on the table, that you'll rarely find a place (except your deployment zone) to setup more than 3 units side by side without one of them are taking dangerous terrain checks, or losing steadfast because of being in a forest or something like that. - and dont get me wrong. Many units is a good idea, but you need to strike with full force with all of your army, or else you'll get beaten. You cant have 500 points of warriors dangling behind your frontlines because there is impassable terrain in their way.

If I were you I'd take 2 blocks of Warriors or 1 block of warriors and 1 bigger block of Marauders, and then add some fast screening units for you to play arround with. Horsemen or Warhounds would be a nice touch. How about the Hellcannon? It offers alot of tactical choices for our army (and it can be converted into Tzeentch-themed pretty easy).

... With all respect, it doesnt seem like you've actually thought it through for yourself (that happens when friends tinker with your list). What is your overall plan? Where is the Synergi in your army? Why are the units there and what are the purpose of them?
    1 Disc guy is hardly enough. If you want to destroy gunlines, you'll need more fastmoving units - pref. another disc rider - to back him up. Whats up with the Knights? They cant hold on by themselves, and they're too slow and too unmanoeuvrable to catch up with the Disc rider. And if you want them to attack same time as your warriors, why dont you just buy warriors instead ? They're just as fast and way cheaper.

- Tash
    Last edited by Tashin; October 24th, 2011 at 14:24.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I agree with tash... I normally try to have three credible melee blocks, and one can generally get by with two...fitting four into a coherent line is problematic, and you're guaranteed to have one outside the BSB bubble....
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Just a note guys, second rank shares LoS with the first rank. Think about shooting units in two ranks, you measure LoS as usual from the first rank but the second rank still gets to fire. The Sorcerer would still get the LoS to use as though he were in the first rank, although he would be displaced 25mm back from where he would usually be.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I have to agree with everything that has been said. If I were you I would drop a unit of 18 warriors and buff up the chosen unit to 18(17 if theres a character going in there) and the marauders to 40-50. Your also paying an extra 29 points for the LA, which I don't think is worth it, especially with all the things packing armor piercing these days. Personally I like great weapons on my marauders, as it gives me another strong hammer unit to throw around on the field...and they're so cheap it's almost impossible not to make there points back in a game. Knights are better served as flank chargers in this edition, they don't have the same presence as they did in 7th edition, and I don't think they make worthwhile war machine hunters, considering how many points they cost. I really think your disc rider should be able to handle the job fine, but also consider one or two units of warhounds just for a little assistance now and again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, thank you all for the replies!
    Now to explain myself

A. I have slightly edited the list, dropping a marauder to add the champion.
    B. The sorcerer in the second rank was already explained by shadow, it's just a little added protection.
    C. The reason for daemonic mount is because I really wanted to model it
    D. I like the extra combat blocks actually because it's a little less tactical. You put that many tzeentch blocks down and people are going to have to rethink there plan.
    E. The Disc does get a stomp! FAQ "ignore the last sentenence of the first paragraph" which says the disc is a cav mount. FAQ makes you use the rules for troop types. Disc is on a 50x50 base, makes it a monstrous mount by size. Str 3 Stomp!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

E. The Disc does get a stomp! FAQ "ignore the last sentenence of the first paragraph" which says the disc is a cav mount. FAQ makes you use the rules for troop types. Disc is on a 50x50 base, makes it a monstrous mount by size. Str 3 Stomp!
    Yup, you ignore the Army book but just because something is on a 50x50 base doesn't make it a monster. The disc is a War beast as stated in the Rule book. Characters on riding War beasts count as Cavalry. Page 84 of the rule book.

Unless you've found something I haven't?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord

Sorcerer Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Lev -4
    Infernal puppet
    Black Tongue

Hero’s

Exalted Hero’s
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Charmed Shield
    Golden Eye
    Bloodcurling Roar
    Warriors Bane

Exalted Hero
    Bsb
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Daemonic Mount
    Talis of Preservation
    Iron Curse Icon
    Great weapon

Core

18x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Musician
    Banner of Eternal flame

18x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Musician
    Banner

Block B

27x Marauder
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Musician
    Banner

Special

5x Chaos Knights
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Banner
    Musician
    Banner of Rage

I dont know how the people you play read it but on the last paragraph about special rules and Cavalery on page 82 of the rulebook says that only the element with the frenzy have the benefit from the extra attack. The people I play read that as only the knights and I agree.

15x Chosen
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Halberds
    Champion
    Favour of the Gods
    Musician
    Wailing Banner

Rare

Chaos Warshrine
    Mark Of Tzeentch

Seems like a good list even with the comment I made.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast