>3000 3000pt Khorne. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3000pt Khorne.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

3000pt Khorne.

Hey guys. Role reversal time. I put this list up ages ago but I've tweaked it a bit so it's up for your approval yet again. The Warrior units I was thinking about running as 8 wide units of Doom (Khornes sacred number is 8 after all). Seeing as a lot of people run 6 wide units or wider, getting those extra attacks is always handy. Plus one of my opponents has units of 10+ Ogres which need killing. I can alwasy run them as 6x4 if I need too.

Just a note, I don't really face shooty armies. No Dwarves, No Empire............ anything really. Just some Dark Elves with a whopping 2 Bolt throwers.

As for the theme, I'm going to do these guys as a Crusading Knight army. Think Khorne worshipping Bretonnians/Black Templars and you're about right.

Vargo, Eternal Champion -323pts

Chaos Lord, Tz, Preservation, Glittering Scales, Helm of Many Eyes, Halberd

Yeah yeah, he only has a 6+ Save. To be honest though most things he'll be challenging will be ignoring a 4+ Save anyway so -1 to hit is better. He has a 3+ Ward anyway

The Knight Guardian -200pts
    Exalted, BSB, Tz, Endurance, Dragon Helm, Shield, Biting Blade, Favour

Vargo’s Knights -425pts
    22 Warriors, Tz, Halberds, Mu & Std, Banner of Rage

The Knights of Valour -447pts
    24 Warriors, Kh, Halberds, Musician, Standard, Lichebone Pennant

The Knights of Defiance -442pts
    24 Warriors, Kh, Halberds, Musician, Standard, Banner of Flame

The Crusades Glory -130pts
    War Shrine

The Glorious Riders – 700pts
    6x Chariots

Now these depend on us getting new Chariot models. Hopefully they'll look awesome and I'll grab some. If not I'll use the points for Knights.

Rafael the all Knowing -330pts
    Level 4 Heavens Sorcerer, Infernal Puppet, 3rd Eye of Tzeentch

Alas I don't have points for the charmed shield (or anything else) on the sorcerer Lord.

Total Points: 2997pts.

Last edited by Lord Borak; October 25th, 2011 at 23:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Hey guys. Role reversal time. I put this list up ages ago but I've tweaked it a bit so it's up for your approval yet again. The Warrior units I was thinking about running as 8 wide units of Doom (Khornes sacred number is 8 after all). Seeing as a lot of people run 6 wide units or wider, getting those extra attacks is always handy. Plus one of my opponents has units of 10+ Ogres which need killing. I can alwasy run them as 6x4 if I need too.

Well all your warriors blocks have musicians, so the key issue [as with most Khorne armies] will be leadership for restraining/reforming. Your Lord will no doubt be enough for that.

Just a note, I don't really face shooty armies. No Dwarves, No Empire............ anything really. Just some Dark Elves with a whopping 2 Bolt throwers.

You lucky sun-of-a-gun, I envy you and your Skavenless club.

As for the theme, I'm going to do these guys as a Crusading Knight army. Think Khorne worshipping Bretonnians/Black Templars and you're about right.

Vargo, Eternal Champion -323pts

Chaos Lord, Tz, Preservation, Glittering Scales, Helm of Many Eyes, Halberd

Yeah yeah, he only has a 6+ Save. To be honest though most things he'll be challenging will be ignoring a 4+ Save anyway so -1 to hit is better. He has a 3+ Ward anyway

He looks pretty good to me, the glittering scales/helm combo is very clever.

The Knight Guardian -190pts
    Exalted, BSB, Tz, Endurance, Charmed Shield, Biting Blade, Favour

You mean enchanted shield right?

Vargo’s Knights -425pts
    22 Warriors, Tz, Halberds, Mu & Std, Banner of Rage

I would give these guys shields & lichborne since they are so elite and will probably get targeted by war-machines/spells.

The Knights of Valour -444pts
    24 Warriors, Kh, Halberds, Command

Drop a champ for...Banner of Swiftness, Banner of Swiftness, Banner of Swiftness!

The Knights of Defiance -444pts
    24 Warriors, Kh, Halberds, Command

Champ for Eternal Flame is just worth it for so many situations.

Champions are here because it's fluffy but not for any other reason really. I can change it if someone thinks of a better plan. Maybe I'll ditch 'em for some magic banners. Flaming on one and.......erm, Liche bone on the other?

The Crusades Glory -130pts
    War Shrine

The Glorious Riders – 700pts
    6x Chariots

Now these depend on us getting new Chariot models. Hopefully they'll look awesome and I'll grab some. If not I'll use the points for Knights.

Rafael the all Knowing -330pts
    Level 4 Heavens Sorcerer, Infernal Puppet, 3rd Eye of Tzeentch

Not a big fan of this guy, surely Death is better for 3K games. Also, where is his charmed shield?

This comes to 2986pts so some room for little things.
    The lack of cheap magic banners seems to me the biggest weakness, with the Lore coming in a close second - go for Death: Soulblight, Purple Sun, Doom & Darkness! On the other hand the Lord/Exalted look very tough and 6 chariots is an awful lot of impact hits!

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

6 Chariots!!! Oh my word...I absolutely love this list dude! And it's not just because of the chariots either haha Your lord's item combinations are pretty awesome, I wouldn't mind giving it a try myself sometime. I agree with pretty much everything Antithesis has said, magic banners would be nice to see. I also feel like heavens is a nice touch to this list, and is very fitting to the fluff, comets, and lightning bolts raining down onto the blood soaked battle field...awesome.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Thanks guys. I'll ditch the champions and put in the Magic banners. Even if the fact that both warrior units came to 888pts, Khorne was pleased!! Updates will be in the first list.

NOMA:
    Cheers mate. I always wanted to do this army, just needed to get my Tzeentch out the way first. Six chariots is indeed the plan. I reckon it will look awesome and not many people will expect it. Plus, can you imagine the destruction 3 chariots can do to a simple unit? 3d6+3 str5 auto hits, 12 WS5 str5 attacks and 6 WS3 str4 attacks......... Should be messy.

ANTI:
    The reason I went with Heavens as it has some really nice buffs and hexes. Re-rolling ones to hit and wound on Warriors with halberds is insane. Giving the enemy -1 to hit with Missile weapons or in combat or stopping a war machine from firing can really be handy. Comet can also cause some serious grief to people if I do ever come up against a shooty army. I always have the 3rd eye to steal spells if I want too

Oh, and there is Skaven. But he only has 1000pts, he's a tool and no one likes him anyway. Not that he realises.

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly i thin I would rather spend those 700pts you spent on chariots on Chaos knights and maybe some dragon ogres, thats unless you decide to go with the Tarmurkhan list, then you could add things like bloodletters, blood crushers, flesh hounds, furies, etc, one of your characters in the Tzeentch/khorne unit should have the ironcurse icon so the unit has a 5+ ward against warmachines.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye it was a toss up between chariots and Knights. However I felt the Knights would make this 'like all the other chaos armies' So I went with Chariots to be different and, not many people will know what to do when I plop down 6 chariots. It also helps me in the deployment game.

As for the Iron Curse Icon. Sounds good but I don' play many armies with Warmachines, not at 3k anyway. If I were to add it I'd have to lose the Dragon Helm on the BSB as thats the only thing can really afford to lose. EDIT: as it's an enchanted item I'd have to lose Favour and that makesthe Shrine pretty rubbish........

I've not even read the Warhammer Forge book yet. That seems pretty sweet. Can you do it with Tzeentch daemons or just Khorne? If so I may make my Tzeentch warriors into 3k with the list.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; October 29th, 2011 at 22:29.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your honest with yourself most units you take will be like someone's lists, if yo want something that really stands out then take a unit of 6 dragon ogres with additional weapons! I have never seen that unit used or posted online!

Warhammer forge book gives you a chaos dwarf list and rules for combining chaos books, basically you pick your lord from a list, this is your paragon, this decided your min core, your min core has to be the same god as you lord and from the same book, same as your BSB, your units get bonuses if your winning the game (by having less units fleeing/destroyed), certain units cannot use the generals leadership or the BSB reroll, in the case of Khorne army army models with MoS can't. Units of the same god as you general get extra bonuses like with khorne the army (bar slaanesh) gets +1 CR while units with the MoK gain MR1 (it says bonuses stack with things they already have so I assume MR stacks).

If your losing the game (which is calculated at the start of every chaos turn) then you roll on a chart and all funky kinds of things can happen like units turning on each other until you start to win.

Also your paragon while your winning gains either a 5+ wardsave or +1 to his wardsave and ignored things that kill him outright without a strength value on a roll on a 6

I only have the book because I went to warhammer world yesterday, mention my manager said I could get the book and one of the guys ran upstairs for me its really such a awesome book and well worth the price! it is very Nurgle themed but it just has so much content, what it also means is you can now make a reasonable Khorne daemon prince!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    If your honest with yourself most units you take will be like someone's lists, if yo want something that really stands out then take a unit of 6 dragon ogres with additional weapons! I have never seen that unit used or posted online!
    I have lol. I've not seen anyone take 6 chariots though and........ I like Chariots. So unless the new models (when ever we get them) suck I'll stick with them. I suppose you'e right though. there's no such thing as an 'original' list on the internet but such a list has never been used in my gaming group.

The new book sounds fun. I'll see if I can give it a go. I wont base a army on it though as not everyone likes FW rules.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its a shame that people are so against FW stuff, they make some really cool models that make boring armies fun again, I really love the rules in the warhammer forge book, I am hoping they release a Khorne hero like they did for the nurgle, he allows you to upgrade a unit of chaos knights onto nurgle daenomic steeds for 15pts each, its very cool for me atleast it just allows me to make a decent Khorne daemon prince and also has some very cool campaign rules and bucket loads of new fluff!

+ Reply to Thread