<3000 2,500, Lets see How this looks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2,500, Lets see How this looks

Sorcerer Lord
    Charmed Shield, infernal Puppet, Level 4, Talisman of preservation, lore of Fire, Distendible Maw
    I decided that my sorc lord, is going to be a one hitterin Close combat, because its to hard to make a sorc that can actually stand his own against a close combat General, So Assuming with a 3+ Armor save and a 4++ Ward I should be able to survive to Iniative 5 against most armies and make my nomz, thats the combat protection. Lore of fire is really good when used correctly

Exalted Hero
    Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, BSB, Dispel Scroll, Book of Secrets, Lore of Shadow
    Dual Purpose character, Scroll Caddy and the much needed BSB in this edition

Chaos Warriors (24)
    Mark of Tzeentch, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Rage, Halberd, Shield

Chaos Warriors (23)
    Mark of Tzeentch, Musician, Standard Bearer, Blasted Standard, Halberd, Shield
    This unit will Bunker the BSB

Chaos Warriors (24)
    Mark of Tzeentch, musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame, Halberd, Shield

Chaos Warriors (23)
    Mark of Tzeentch, Musician, Standard bearer, Banner of Discipline, Halberd, Shield
    This unit will house the General, Spreading that lovely Leadership 9 acrost the field

Chaos warhounds (5)
    This Unit is just filler

Total: 2500
    What do you guys think of this all Warriors list Coming just under 100 models of stat line behemoths

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ambientinspiration View Post
    Sorcerer Lord
    Charmed Shield, infernal Puppet, Level 4, Talisman of preservation, lore of Fire, Distendible Maw
    I decided that my sorc lord, is going to be a one hitterin Close combat, because its to hard to make a sorc that can actually stand his own against a close combat General, So Assuming with a 3+ Armor save and a 4++ Ward I should be able to survive to Iniative 5 against most armies and make my nomz, thats the combat protection. Lore of fire is really good when used correctly

I like Lore of Fire too - very effective against T3 armies I find. Since he is Fire, why not just have a champion in his unit and give him a cheap Sword of Striking?

Exalted Hero
    Dual Purpose character, Scroll Caddy and the much needed BSB in this edition

Chaos Warriors (24)

Chaos Warriors (23)
    This unit will Bunker the BSB

Chaos Warriors (24)
    Mark of Tzeentch, musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame, Halberd, Shield

Chaos Warriors (23)
    Mark of Tzeentch, Musician, Standard bearer, Banner of Discipline, Halberd, Shield
    This unit will house the General, Spreading that lovely Leadership 9 acrost the field

Chaos warhounds (5)
    This Unit is just filler

Total: 2500
    What do you guys think of this all Warriors list Coming just under 100 models of stat line behemoths
    Looks good, but how will it deal with a more mobile army? I'd throw out one unit of warriors for a flying exalted and a warshrine - just to be safe.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I like the list, very elite!

I agree with what Antithesis has said about mobility issues, all the warriors in the world won't save you from a fast/large/maneuverable force. Seeing as you don't have favor of the gods, I would opt for a hellcannon over a shrine in this case, just to give you a little more to do, not to mention they're really really good at combat as well. A disc rider is a nice decision I think, I find them useful for multiple reasons. They create several threats, deter shooting from your warrior units as they advance, possibly cause your opponent to turn around to deal with him, and you can take out warmachines fairly quick with him. Of course knights can be used for the same purpose, trolls as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorcerer Lord

Exalted Hero

Chaos Warriors (24)

Chaos Warriors (23)

Chaos Warriors (23)

Chaos warhounds (5)

Chaos warhounds (5)

Hell Cannon

Hell Cannon

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Why mark of tzeentch on the warriors? I like it for doubling a parry save to 5+, but just to get a 6+ in the first place, I find it inferior to MoK, or even MoN....and you aren't required to take a magic banner on every unit, you know. I would put eternal flame on one of them, though, since there are those pesky regen units floating around.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Themed, and i get to keep my 6++ for ever and always ^_^ Marne, and I am aware about the magic banners - Blasted helps bunker, Dicipline makes my LD better, Rage makes me extra choppy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    Why mark of tzeentch on the warriors? I like it for doubling a parry save to 5+, but just to get a 6+ in the first place, I find it inferior to MoK, or even MoN....and you aren't required to take a magic banner on every unit, you know. I would put eternal flame on one of them, though, since there are those pesky regen units floating around.
    Ward save is 6++ = 16.67% chance.

Assuming you make 10 ward saves on warriors your chance of making at least 1 out of the ten saves is 83.8%. If you make the save you've saved a warrior that costs about as much as the mark. If you roll 20 ward saves, the chance you make one spikes to 97.4%.

I'm a fan of mono-mark armies and I was wondering whether a 6++ would make a difference. My conclusion is if you save one warrior the mark has paid for itself and the chance to save one warrior is pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im just having a little problem with the lore of fire, I dont know if i should be blasting those stead fast units with fire balls and all sorts of firey hell, or if i should be hitting those war mashines, suggestions?

The hell cannons are beastly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use it to kill irritating targets that i dont want to send my precious main line units after. skirmishers, light cav, chariots etc.

unless its one of the bigger spells, then ill go after the blocks, but the basic fireball rarely seems to get much done on those units.

+ Reply to Thread